Eddie Bravo Books

B

Bantrel

Has anyone read any Eddie Bravo Books and If so which one if any do u recommend??

i got something from all of them.

depends on what you want to learn

mastering the rubber guard is a good book. Theres some good half guard stuff in there.

mastering the rubber guard is a good book. Theres some good half guard stuff in there.

This is the main thing i use from that book. It is very well laid out and easy to use IMO

I thought Mastering the Rubber Guard, aside from the bizarre (if entertaining) introduction, was a very professional, well laid-out publication, especially the way the photos are methodical and from multiple angles. However, I would recommend leaving that until later (depending on where you are in your BJJ training), as I personally find the majority too advanced: I prefer to stick with fundamentals.

I think the three volumes from Ed Beneville are even better in terms of quality lay-out and photographic progression, so would recommend those above Bravo, particularly Strategic Guard. Beneville also give plenty of coverage to both fundamental and more advanced stuff, whereas with Bravo I felt there was only a very small portion that was applicable for beginners (although that's not really a criticism of the book, as there is nothing wrong with aiming your material at higher level grapplers).

Jui JItsu Unleashed is a good overview. MTRG is excellent. I dislike the first 20 pages of pot propaganda but whatever. It has really helped my half guard. I have even started to play with rubber guard a bit and you don't have to be nearly as flexible as eddie for work it to certain degree.

Mastering the Twister actually has some awesome stuff from the mount, sidemount, the back, and dealing with a sprawl. A lot of the Twister stuff went over my head until the oast couplke weeks, now I get some of it. The Rubber Guard translates to pics better than the Twister does, but both books plus the old school JJ Unleashed are all 3 well done. Grab em if you got the cash.

I went to the book store and the only one they had was MASTERING THE TWISTER so I got that, if I like this I'll order the others

What is the MSRP on Mastering the Twister? May go check out borders if they have it during my lunch break.

Back