Eddie Alvarez vs Oscar De La Hoya

Get that money. He deserves it.
I mean, you're not wrong, but...it just feels so dirty. I've been a big Alvarez fan since he was champ in Bellator, and I just wish he didn't tarnish his legacy with a fight like this.

Only a matter of time before Oscar called out an MMAer to stay in the spotlight.

I assumed with would have been ODLH vs. GSP

Damn. Dana's gonna be pissed off at him on that one ...

conor-drops-alvarez.gif

Sounds like a great idea.
Oscar is old as dirt. I doubt he’s got enough in the tank to finish Eddie. But if so, it’ll probably be a big payday. So why not?

I mean, you're not wrong, but...it just feels so dirty. I've been a big Alvarez fan since he was champ in Bellator, and I just wish he didn't tarnish his legacy with a fight like this.

He's probably gonna make a nice 7 figures and fight a 49 year old retired boxer. Not bad.

That's bullshit, but okay.

It would definitely pay if it was some outside goofy production (like Jake Paul) and some celebrity or star was doing it. Aka, something like McGregor fighting any decent named boxer in MMA. McGregor fighting some C to B list celeb or youtuber. Lesnar vs a name HW boxer or celeb athlete, Shaq let's say or someone less famous but huge.

Joe Rogan vs Wesley Snipes lmao. That actor karate dude vs Masvidal, idk something retarded. It would sell easily.

It's a formula here. The sport barely matters. Not sure why people think it matters because it's boxing. MMA would bring a more exciting outcome in all likelihood and is probably just as popular today in the US, aka the people who actually buy PPVs and lionshare of interest for these things.
You think Mma pays as much as Boxing .....ahhh nooooo.....Cm punk , James Toney and Ray Mercer fought Mma and nobody gave a fuck .....You mentioned freak show fights for Mma ....but boxing pays without that

I’m sure it would pay with a celebrity crossover fight outside of the UFC. Nobody has the balls to do it on the MMA side of things
Jose canseco fought and nobody cared ....Boxing pays way better ...look at the revenue split .....of course Boxing is much easier as well

FFS, everyone looking for red panty night. Who the hell wants to see this shit?

Jose canseco fought and nobody cared ....Boxing pays way better ...look at the revenue split .....of course Boxing is much easier as well
Agreed depends on the celebrity though. Who gives a sh*t about Jose Canseco fighting in Asia

Eddie is a punching bag, I hope they fight mma

eddie wont last long and will probably get beat around...but i'll watch
Christ o mighty, i wont.

How people can fall for this over and over again, is beyond me.

If its something of any particular interest, just watch a highlight.

Im still waiting for the donny bonaduce v jose canseco rematch

Well they only have so much time to make enough to last them the rest of their lives.
Yes I get that, but these effers pretend that they are looking for a challange and legacy and this and that, whereas they should admit they are just after the money and stfu.

Alvarez is a massive can under boxing rules.

That said De La Hoya is a former multiple substance drug addict who has earned about 50 X more than Hagler did when he made that quote about silk pajama’s.

I’d still go with De La Hoya in a round or two.

Back