Eddie Alvarez vs Diego Sanchez

KO22

Orange Belt
Reaction score
how do you think this fight would go. If Eddie does sign with the UFC this match has got to happen!

on paper real bad fight for Diego BUT diego excels in the chin department and the conditioning and since eddie's chin is suspect and diego's ability to push the pace deep often provides trouble for a lot of fighters, it might be interesting.

still, skill for skill, eddie should have a fairly easy fight on his hands there.

Might just be one of the hardest fights to predict. I dont think either of them have the power to put the other one away. It would be a great fight, hope one day we see it

It would be an absolute war. I just watched Alvarez-Chandler again tonight. While Alvarez is a bit chinny, Sanchez doesnt have to power to ko him. This has to be the first fight made if Alvarez signs.

I was thinking the same thing definately a hard fight to call i'd favor Alvarez but Diego does get stronger as the fight goes on. Fight of the night no doubt

I've thought about this match up before. It would be a war for sure, but i'd give Alvarez the slight edge.

Eddie's main weakness as everyone knows is that he always gets dropped...Diego isn't known for his punching power though so I doubt Diego would take advantage.

Overall I see a very competitive fight. Id favor Eddie in a 3-rounder, I think his boxing, footwork and TDD would get him the UD.

In a 5-rounder though it's harder to pick, Diego's cardio is pretty legendary.

Sanchez is one of my favorites but i see Eddie taking it via being stronger and more skilled.

Diego by octagon experience. Would not mind watching if this would happen

would be a good war and a fight i would like to see

Diego peaked 5 years ago. No chance.

How come Cain didn't get "that Mexican jaw" Diego talks about?

Thread title made me think Alvarez was signed to the UFC and the fight was booked. I am disappoint. If they did fight, I think Alvarez would have the edge.

lol Alvarez would batter him and Diego would win by controversial decision.

I see Eddie being put against Gray Maynard or the winner of Pettis/Cerrone if Melendez ends up getting the next title shot. They'll want a highly ranked fighter and it's been a while since Sanchez fought at 155.

Diego peaked 5 years ago. No chance.

How come Cain didn't get "that Mexican jaw" Diego talks about?

Cain got knocked down from a blow above his ear.

Back