News Eddie Alvarez in talks to fight Oscar De La Hoya

Ordinarily I'd take Oscar all day, but keep in mind Oscar is not a normal late 40s athlete. He had a bad drug addiction and has abused his body terribly. He will not have aged well.

I still pick Oscar to win, but he is not gonna be like other comeback fighters. Mike Tyson looked fast and powerful at 54. Oscar won't look like that I think.
Yeah if he comes in in a weathered condition, Eddie is still a finely Tuned athlete who can throw leather and certainly does not appear to have a coke addiction. Oscar needs to be in shape for it.

lol as if someone like Eddie would have a shot against Oscar at any age. I'd pick Oscar at 60 years old against Eddie now. Eddie's boxing's fucking terrible.

If De La Hoya was in his prime clearly I would pick him, but he’s 48 and hasn’t fought in 13 years.

Ray Leonard is one of my favorite fighters but look at how he looked when he fought Camacho- and he was only on the shelf for 5 years at age 40.

Alvarez is still an active fighter fighting quality competition, and he is a competent striker.

Just saying there’s now way to tell how he will look.

A while ago Oscar said he was in talks to box an MMA guy in his comeback. There might be something in this.

I can't wait till this crossover era ends.

Not that it really matters in the MMA world and I'm glad folks are cashing in.

It's just not fight news I'm really interested in I guess.

Either way - play and get pay!

Boxing legend vs shot mma fighter in a boxing match. Hard question

These MMA fighters are willing to humiliate themselves for money, by accepting boxing matches against highly fucking skilled, world-class boxers.

The same boxers would never accept a MMA fight against one of these guys, even for $100m, because they'd be humiliated and it'd harm their brand. MMA fighters don't seem to care about the humiliation, they just want the payday.

Losing is a bigger part of MMA than it is in boxing. Both the fighters and the fans accept this. There's so many ways to lose in MMA, and no one can truly be elite in every facet of MMA.

You've got Khabib retiring undefeated, and Jones with that one technical loss where he almost murdered his opponent. But those are exceptional cases.

Do MMA or boxing fans actually want to see this?
boxing fan here, not at all. I hope they dont keep going until someone is dead. Holyfield is one of my fav. and he has NO business being in the ring again.

Oscar can fight him in high heels and still make this look easy

Man this is weak sauce. Focus on the One title Eddie and maybe you can claim to be the lightweight goat.

What an interesting trend, boxers always making boxes matches with MMA guys that are NOT known for there hands smh. Conor doesn't count anyone who followed any boxing could see he wasn't great at traditional boxing punches even in if it was MMA

There's no way he risks an injury fighting at ONE again if he's actually serious about boxing DLH.

Can’t imagine what the pay difference would be, probably getting at least a million for the DLH fight. Definitely wouldn’t risk it

These MMA fighters are willing to humiliate themselves for money, by accepting boxing matches against highly fucking skilled, world-class boxers.

The same boxers would never accept a MMA fight against one of these guys, even for $100m, because they'd be humiliated and it'd harm their brand. MMA fighters don't seem to care about the humiliation, they just want the payday.

Don't think it's humiliating tbh. They are putting their money where their mouth is and seeking out difficult challenges, and either they win and get respect, or lose and get s.bog pay day and move on. Losing doesn't have the same disastrous reputational damage as it seems to on boxing so who cares

boxers really want that easy payday off mma names.

There's no way he risks an injury fighting at ONE again if he's actually serious about boxing DLH.

serious talks mean nothing. there was serious talkabout about jorge vs nate 2 and look what didnt happen.

Back