Eddie Alvarez: "I weighed about 190 when my manager called me"

Eddie is one of the more interesting and compelling matchups for Khabib so I'm honestly glad its not happening when one guy is completely unprepared.

I'd bet the house Eddie would have a more competitive fight with Khabib then Johnson and Barboza. Love him or hate him, there is no disputing Eddie is a world class MMA adapted wrestler. This will be a wildly entertaining fight when it eventually happens.

The UFC needed to cough up dough to pay someone as a standby. These guys have families and lives its absurd to expect they would be putting together a fight camp for free.

I'm a bit confused by this quotation. Would you be able to explain what you're getting at?
For some reason sherdog added your quote, maybe I fat fingered it?

For some reason sherdog added your quote, maybe I fat fingered it?
Fair enough!

I thought you were going to have a go since I said Eddie shouldn't be fighting for a title again yet. You still can if you like.

Conor has no muscle. He's definitely lighter
Eddie has more muscle but Conor is a little taller, has a little bit of a bigger frame, broader shoulders. Probably 175lbs for Eddie and 170lbs for Conor.

Why didn't Alvarez go for takedowns or clinch. He brawled and let McFraud keep distance. Styles might make fights but Alvarez game plan was almost as bad as Rumble/DC 2.
This. People like to hate on Alvarez because he got KOd by McGregor but styles make fights. Alvarez was tailor made for McGregor’s style but is also a stylistic nightmare for Khabib.

People think Eddie is small because on Sherdog height=size but that dude is thick
I know right. Its a testament to how good connor is. Eddie is bigger than hin. Size wise. He is around 180 185 lean. Connor is just a better fighter than him. Eddie is a tough matchup for alvarez. He is a beast. I guarantee most sherdoggers are smaller than eddie in real life. See him in person, you will be surprised how buff that dude is.

Connor is 175-177 in cage. He is big for the weight class. People here think he is some pipsqueak. See him in real life too. Dont forget these dudes are very lean too.

lol imagine dad-bod Eddie fighting at MW lol

i get there is a off season for some guys but you cant yoyo like that it makes the weight cut even worse.

most fighters are there own worst enemy.

He carries a ton of water and blows up really quick. That's his normal walk weight. He diets to 177ish, cuts to 170 day before weigh in then to 155 day of. Fights in the cage around 175-77 then within 2 weeks he's back at 185-90
i wouldnt mind these guys, everyones always so surprised, but most have no clue how weight cutting works

190 and you fight at 155? ok forgive me for my stupidity, but i really really really dont fucking understand this shit. i dont get weight cutting. i just dont man. why do people cut weight? and fine i get if you need to lose a couple pounds here or there to may a limit but 190 to 155? Do all these fuckers let themselves go that much??? or are they actually naturally that heavy and literally drop that much weight to make these weight limits? why can't guys fucking keep in decent shape if nothing more than for personal fucking health? why get that far out of shape? OR why drop that much weight to make these limits? I cant say a fighter is scared because their job is to fight BUT are they actually scared to fight near their normal weight?

Sorry im just tired of hearing about this weight cutting crap. That's one of the reasons i love Frankie because he's a small dude that would just fight near his normal weight. I love Fedor and crocop and those guys for those same reasons. Im not a fighter although i have fought and wrestled time and time again since i was younger with buddies of mine and people i know and im always the smaller guy 5' 6 165lbs while inshape and healthy going against 5'11 - 6' 2 or so 200 plus pound dudes that are actual atheletes and tough fuckers not just drunk party goers and iv always held my own and have always matched strenghts with all of them. So for me i just dont get it i dont understand why these fuckers feel the need to drop so much god damn weight to fight another man, he fucking sweats and bleeds just like you.

all u have to understand is ppl cut weight to a certain weight class. because of the current rules, everyone does it... if u dont, u will be put at a pretty big disadvantage..

i mean, what else is there to know?

all u have to understand is ppl cut weight to a certain weight class. because of the current rules, everyone does it... if u dont, u will be put at a pretty big disadvantage..

i mean, what else is there to know?
The disadvantage part is what i don't understand....Guys should fight guys their own size not try and cut so much to fight smaller dudes. I mean i know that its just the way things are so they all do it. It just sucks that it is that way. Also i was saying how dudes shouldn't balloon up in weight as much as they do but also i dont know if these guys literally get that much out of shape or if they are actually naturally that big and cut that much weight to make the limits they do.

The disadvantage part is what i don't understand....Guys should fight guys their own size not try and cut so much to fight smaller dudes. I mean i know that its just the way things are so they all do it. It just sucks that it is that way. Also i was saying how dudes shouldn't balloon up in weight as much as they do but also i dont know if these guys literally get that much out of shape or if they are actually naturally that big and cut that much weight to make the limits they do.
well, theyre cutting to NOT be the smaller dude, not so they CAN fight smaller dudes.

i do think something needs to be fixed, hydration tests? i duno, but it definitely sucks cause its extremely difficult to fix

well, theyre cutting to NOT be the smaller dude, not so they CAN fight smaller dudes.

i do think something needs to be fixed, hydration tests? i duno, but it definitely sucks cause its extremely difficult to fix
" well, theyre cutting to NOT be the smaller dude, not so they CAN fight smaller dudes. "

sorry didnt understand this part.. not being a dick.

Eddie is probably a more difficult matchup for Khabib.

People acting like this isnt normal UFC LW walk-around weight (between fights). 190ish is about right.

There isnt a LW on roster making weight on short notice (6-days), they all too big.

FW’s get over 180 regularly and so forth

" well, theyre cutting to NOT be the smaller dude, not so they CAN fight smaller dudes. "

sorry didnt understand this part.. not being a dick.
u wrote they are cutting to beat on smaller guys. no. theyre cutting so they are not the smaller guy.

they arent trying to cut because they know the other guy will be a natural weight.. its because they know he will be cutting as well.

not sure how else to put it.

u said u wrestled.. u never cut weight? i mean, i know its different in school and wrestling, but its definitely done there too. i remember my first match where i learned that even jv cut weight. this guy was HUGE, i was like, no way he weighs the same as me.... i learned a lot that day

u wrote they are cutting to beat on smaller guys. no. theyre cutting so they are not the smaller guy.

they arent trying to cut because they know the other guy will be a natural weight.. its because they know he will be cutting as well.

not sure how else to put it

ooo ok i get it, sorry read it wrong. Thing is the same way there may be guys cutting so that they won't be at a disadvantage, there are also guys cutting for that very reason. We should all know by now how people can be. People cheat all the time. any advantage they can get they take. Not everyone is the same but unfortnately maybe more are that way than are not.

Back