Eddie Alvarez Has All but Signed with ONE FC, Announcement Due Any Day

ONE fc is bigger than Bellator so Im not surprised Eddie chose them

ONE has to comp their tickets - even then the arenas are often empty - and broadcast their shows over YouTube due to a lack of distribution. They boast about having an audience of billions, which is a sad joke. They insist that their fighters are the best on the planet, which is just cringe.

They are a long term speculative play that will likely collapse when the venture capital runs out. They get a lot of positive coverage in Forbes, most likely because someone there owes someone at ONE a personal favour. Bizarre.
I like their production and ambition to become a home for combat sports in Asia, but I can’t see what the viable business model is here. How are they planning to get big in China and Japan, the two major markets?

Couldn't cut it with the big boys. Will prevail as a demigod in the bush leagues.

Smart move.

Lost all respect for him after he threw an illegal knee to get out of the porrier fight. Then he had the audacity to talk shit saying porrier quit. Only to get laid out in the rematch.

Honestly I hate the move.

I'm no longer going to avidly follow his career, it's going to be Benson Henderson part II. I'll tune in for the first few fights, but after that I'll stop giving a shit. I obviously want him to make as much money as possible but I don't give a shit about him vs Shinya Aoki in 2018.

The only reason to go to One FC is if you are getting paid a shit ton of money

Looks like Eddie is going to get paid

This guy is hilarious

"Eddie's high octane, explosive dynamite KO style" LMAO

Couldn't cut it with the big boys. Will prevail as a demigod in the bush leagues.

Smart move.
It honestly feels like that, a few set backs and he takes his ball and leaves.

Cerrone fight was competitive, beat Melendez and Pettis, KO'd dos Anjos, lost embarrassingly to Conor, had a great back and forth war with Poirier, knocked out Justin Gaethje and then had a fairly competitive fight with Poirier until the referee harshly stood him up. He had some moments, don't understand why he's leaving.

I sure as hell won’t miss his wife yelling “Come on, Eddie!” every two seconds in his fights.

Is that curly headed fuck Askren that like 10 Sherdoggers hype the shit out of still there?

This guy is hilarious

"Eddie's high octane, explosive dynamite KO style" LMAO

mjl.gif

Conor haters and Pettis lovers despise him. He beat the hell out of rda to win a title, beat gil with 1 eye, and won a war with gaethje. His fights almost always deliver
His path to the title shot was highly controversial, 3 of his 4 wins before it were SPLIT DECISIONS, very controversial wins agains Chandler 2, Melendez and Petttis. Most people at ringside had Pettis and Chandler winning. And the Melendez fight was pure BS.

One sucks, it's like a bunch of southeast Asian manlets that would get buzz sawed in the UFC, a place where guys like Askren and Eddie can win easy fights without any problem and get a belt and think they are the best in the world.

like ALL THE CHAMPS???

Rory wasn't the champ when he left the UFC, he was getting his nose flattened by Robbie Lawler.

Mousasi? can never win the big fights. lost to old man Jacare and journeyman Uriah Hall.

Bader? shit the bed vs Rumble stifled UFC's LHW division by beating up and comers with an extremely boring style.

the point is, if you're NOT B league, your champions should be considered ON PAR with UFC, they are not. why? because their champs got beaten by guys in the UFC and none of them ever had a title in the UFC, but are now champions in Bellator.
"Mousasi? can never win the big fights."

IIRC, he won the LHW belt against Babalu in SF, and the MW belt vs Jacaré in Dream. 2 legit opponents.

The legit big fight that he lost was against...me... in Pride, in the Welterweight Grand Prix Quarterfinal.

Wish him well. I'll miss Eddie, the far majority of his fights were fun to watch

Back