ECA stack with Fish oil question

bamjr777

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it ok to take fish oil will taking my ECA stack? The reason I ask is because I read that Aspirin is a blood thinner and so is fish oil. I only take an 81 mg aspirin once a day and if I take my fish oil it is about 4.5 grams... Any info would help. Thank you in advance.

Your fish oil intake is 4.5g's or your EPA/DHA is 4.5g's? The EPA/DHA consumption has more relevance.

Yes, they are both blood thinner's and you should probably be more cautious when combining them consistently day to day. 81mg of aspirin isn't much and as long as your fish oil intake isn't obscene... I'm guessing you'll be fine.

Your fish oil intake is 4.5g's or your EPA/DHA is 4.5g's? The EPA/DHA consumption has more relevance.

Yes, they are both blood thinner's and you should probably be more cautious when combining them consistently day to day. 81mg of aspirin isn't much and as long as your fish oil intake isn't obscene... I'm guessing you'll be fine.

My EPA/DHA is 4.5 grams. I don't plan to take the ECA stack more then 1 a day pre workout. 25/200/81. I'll just lower my fish oil intake just to be a little safe. Thanks for the reply.

My EPA/DHA is 4.5 grams. I don't plan to take the ECA stack more then 1 a day pre workout. 25/200/81. I'll just lower my fish oil intake just to be a little safe. Thanks for the reply.

Another option is completely getting rid of the ASA; it's only in the stack to potentiate the effects; for the duration of a standard workout, just ephedrine and caffeine would be fine.

The half-life is 3-6hr and 3-4hr, respectively.

If you're just taking the ECA for a workout stimulant, the aspirin probably isn't even necessary. Unless you're working out for multiple hours, the aspirin is only there to extend the longevity of the stack's half-life. Nonetheless, if you're only taking 81mg once a day and only pre-WO, I wouldn't worry about it. The impact should be next to none.

4.5g of EPA/DHA is a decent size whack so there's nothing wrong with lowering it just a bit... but that's only if you want to be overly cautious. I think you'll be fine and I wouldn't lower the EPA/DHA dosage unless I saw an increase in bruising or something.

EDIT: Mike beat me to it... apparently I take to long to type posts.

Back