EAS Protein Powder (Sams Club)

bacon

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The last 3 times I bought protein, I bought the Sams Club 6lb bag of EAS Chocolate Whey. Never had a problem with it. It tastes decent and it mixes well.

I just bought a new bag and noticed some things have changed. The 6lb bag has been replaced with a 5lb bag (cost remained the same), the powder is a slightly lighter shade of brown and it doesn't mix for shit. You can stir until you're blue in the face and you still get "floaties" and mud on the bottom.

Anyone else notice this? Is it possible that I just got a bad batch or is this the way it's gonna be from now on?

0079108359834_L4.jpg

I have no idea but whey protein usually mixes up pretty decent. I did check out the Sam's Club website and they're still advertising it in 6lb bags. I guess that's not much help to you though ...

I can let you know next week since we need to buy more pretty soon here.

I haven't noticed a change in poundage, shade, or mixability, but the price at costco just jumped about $5. =(

I can let you know next week since we need to buy more pretty soon here.

Let me know what you find, Nuge. If this is how it's going to be from now on, I need to find a new protein.

The last 3 times I bought protein, I bought the Sams Club 6lb bag of EAS Chocolate Whey. Never had a problem with it. It tastes decent and it mixes well.

I just bought a new bag and noticed some things have changed. The 6lb bag has been replaced with a 5lb bag (cost remained the same), the powder is a slightly lighter shade of brown and it doesn't mix for shit. You can stir until you're blue in the face and you still get "floaties" and mud on the bottom.

Anyone else notice this? Is it possible that I just got a bad batch or is this the way it's gonna be from now on?

0079108359834_L4.jpg

I'm glad you posted this Bacon.

My mom buys the vanilla, I get chocolate (for my OATs). Sometimes, for my PWO shakes, I use vanilla so I can use berries.

Anyway, my choolcate is fine (bought it awhile ago), but she just bought some vanilla and the texture looks totally different than normal. Very fine. A you observed, the bag is 5lbs rather than 6. I almost made a thread about it, looks like I should have.

It's obviously not the same type of protein as before. I haven't tried to stir it into anything, so I don't know how well it mixes.

I don't know, should we call EAS?

Also, do you have a lot number or something on your bag?

I have:

510348Y00 15:50 8022B22
Best by 1FEB2010

I use a shaker from GNC and it mixes great just bought a bag about 2 weeks ago. But ya there was no 6 pound bags only 5 don't konw whats up with that.

Also, do you have a lot number or something on your bag?

I have:

510348Y00 15:50 8022B22
Best by 1FEB2010

I'll check when I get home.

Reducing quantity while keeping price constant is a standard tactic used by companies looking for a larger profit margin. I don't mind that as much because it's still a good deal, but I have a feeling they switched to a cheaper-to-produce formula aswell. THAT pisses me off.

^Exactly, they can switch sizes all that want because it's plain to see. But to switch formulas without telling? That's a no-no.

Compare the quantity/USRDA percentage of cholesterol with the new and old bags and see if there's a difference. I used this type of protein one time, but stopped b/c the cholesterol was so high. Maybe EAS wised up and did something to lower it, which could affect color/consistency. Similarly, you might also want to compare carbs between the two as well. I have a tub of Isopure Low-Carb protein and it doesn't mix well either.

There's some minor differences on the two bags I have, but I think it can mostly be attributed to the flavor (vanilla vs. chocolate).

Here's the info off my bag.

610408Y00 06:25 8024830

Best by 1 FEB 2010.

I also noticed that it contains "soy lecithin", but unfortunately, I don't have an old bag to compare it to.

Can anyone interpret the lot codes?

Back