Earnie Shavers or Deontay Wilder - Who punches harder?

Who had the harder punch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a continuation of this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ich-4-are-the-hardest-punchers.4307935/page-2

Winner of this faces George Foreman in the Finals.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you don't want to be tagged, just let me know. I'll remove you.

Please vote, thank you.

Wilder via metal rod in his hand bones

I had to go with Shavers on this one. Don't get me wrong, Wilder has power that will put you to sleep like he was Honey Roy Palmer in Diggstown (Great boxing about cash fighting starring James Woods and Lou Gossett Jr.) with ONE BLOW.

But Shavers had power that would change your skull PERMANENTLY.

Even tho Wilder's straight right may be the single most powerful punch in boxing, Earnie's jabs and hooks being stronger gives him the advantage here

Even tho Wilder's straight right may be the single most powerful punch in boxing, Earnie's jabs and hooks being stronger gives him the advantage here
That's the pole, isn't it? The harder punch of em all.
That's gotta be Wilder. That one bomb.

That's the pole, isn't it? The harder punch of em all.
That's gotta be Wilder. That one bomb.
For me Shavers' straight right and Wilder's straight right are 50/50

But the tiebreaker is Earnie being stronger with every other punch

Plus Earnie's right hand didn't require as much wind up as Wilder's

Reactions: Po
Fury wouldn't have gotten up if Shavers hit him.

This is a tough question.

on one side, I defer to Authority. Muhammad Ali did say, "this man hit me so hard , my kin in Africa felt it..."

and on the other side, when Wilder Connects flush, it really looks like he killed this people, or they got hit with a bullet.

Gotta do some more research before i can vote in good conscience.

I will give it to Shavers because he fought in the 70s and how hard he had to hit for people to recognize his power as unusual. Maybe Wilders close maybe he isn't but i think its more likely Shavers hits harder. When fighters are citing Wilders power who are they comparing him too exactly?

Wilder is a much bigger human being though so there's that. But since Foreman hits the hardest and Shavers fought in the same era and still scaled to your Alis and co it should be Shavers.

Reactions: Po
If you are up 10-0 going into round 11 with Wilder, it means absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure he is the only boxer ever to have power like that.
It's a tightrope act for 12 rounds. Fury even had to change his approach completely in the rematch because of it despite being the superior boxer.

Back