• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early winners and losers from the 223 chaos

runnpray

Full Kit Wanker
@Black
Reaction score
Losers:
Fans: Working man who bought tickets, flights and hotel to see this card. Upside? Get to see a fight night quality card...
Connor: Facing felony charges and civil lawsuits from numerous people. In Dana's doghouse. Upside? Massive PR move, setting big $$$ fight which will help pay the bills if he isn't sitting in jail, suspended, or cut
Ferg: Blown LCL. In Dana's doghouse. Rumored to never get booked to fight kebab again.
Khabib: Looks like an asshole in hotel incident (Bullying and assault somehow cool on sherdog though so some upside... lol.). Looks like a coward for hiding on bus. Doesn't appear like he will fight for the belt. Could lose out on show / win / ppv $. Hopefully UFC will take care of him. Can't be cheap to roll 20 deep. Upside: Set up for a big $$$ fight with Conor
Max: Medically unfit to fight. No show / win / ppv money. Massive weight cut may have done damage to him long term. Time will time. Upside? Tried to step up, hopefully Dana is still pro-Max
JJ and Rose: If they were getting a cut of the PPV, will be making much less money due. Upside? Main event.
Thug Rose: PTSD triggered. Hard to see her winning if her mind isn't right. JJ is tough.
Artem: Bitched out, bullied, assaulted, pulled from card, probably going to get cut. Upside? He has a hell of a friend in Connor McGregor who will probably keep him on the payroll.
Mike Cheisa: Cuts to face (would like to see pictures), couldn't make weight. Upside? Suing Conor. Not sure if UFC will take care of him as he is multi-time whiner and is starting to feel a little bitch-made with his moves - "didn't tap", "suing a grown man taking care of business when I didn't really get hurt", "why make weight? My mum says I get a big payday from McNuggets for scaring me..."
Ray Borg: eye damage. hopefully short term minor abrasions but no fight. Upside, will probably sue Conor. Hopefully UFC will take care of him.
Mac Life Crew: Media credentials gone, possibly getting sued for letting the irish gang of 30 in. Upside? unclear.
Anthony Petis: fight cancelled. Chance to fight for title. Tried to make a money grab. Was the last hope to save card. Has to be in Dana's doghouse. Will never sniff title again.
Brandon Mereno: Fight cancelled. No show / win money. Hopefully UFC will take care of him.
Alex Caceres: Fight cancelled. No show / win money. Hopefully UFC will take care of him. Could he sue Artem?
UFC / WME: WTF is this? About as far from mainstream as you can get. Your biggest star is in jail facing charges. How much can you milk out of post USADA BROCK? TV Deal???
Sponsors: Reebok, Monster, Modello - WTF? Run. Why would you want to be associated with this garbage?
Dana: If he hasn't had a heart attack this week, he is a tough SOB. Job has to be on the line.

Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:
Biggest losers are the people who flew in to see it live.

I think the biggest loser you will see out of this is posses. The UFC is going to enact some much stricter rules on who fighters are allowed to bring with them to fight week from now on.

I think the biggest loser you will see out of this is posses. The UFC is going to enact some much stricter rules on who fighters are allowed to bring with them to fight week from now on.

Conor wasn't even allowed inside. It was the Mac Life guys that opened the doors from the inside. What would a posse restriction do here? You only need 1 rat to open the gate.

Conor wasn't even allowed inside. It was the Mac Life guys that opened the doors from the inside. What would a posse restriction do here? You only need 1 rat to open the gate.
updated OP to include Mac Life clowns.

Nate Diaz is a loser in all this as well, albeit a low-key one.

Any hope of a third fight with Conor probably just went up in a puff of (pot?) smoke.

I feel sorry for Bruce Leroy

He is the never mentioned victim in all of this

This has gotta be the most embarrassing bush league spectacle in recent MMA memory.

We're solidifying the manchild fanbase, the ones who think every overcompensating juvenile is "alpha", and sabotaging the longterm credibility of MMA as a legitimate professional sport. This is just fucking awful all around.

Losers:
Fans: Working man who bought tickets, flights and hotel to see this card. Upside? Get to see a fight night quality card...
Connor: Facing felony charges and civil lawsuits from numerous people. In Dana's doghouse. Upside? Massive PR move, setting big $$$ fight which will help pay the bills if he isn't sitting in jail, suspended, or cut
Ferg: Blown LCL. In Dana's doghouse. Rumored to never get booked to fight kebab again.
Khabib: Looks like an asshole in hotel incident (Bullying and assault somehow cool on sherdog though so some upside... lol.). Looks like a coward for hiding on bus. Doesn't appear like he will fight for the belt. Could lose out on show / win / ppv $. Hopefully UFC will take care of him. Can't be cheap to roll 20 deep. Upside: Set up for a big $$$ fight with Conor
Max: Medically unfit to fight. No show / win / ppv money. Massive weight cut may have done damage to him long term. Time will time. Upside? Tried to step up, hopefully Dana is still pro-Max
JJ and Rose: If they were getting a cut of the PPV, will be making much less money due. Upside? Main event.
Thug Rose: PTSD triggered. Hard to see her winning if her mind isn't right. JJ is tough.
Artem: Bitched out, bullied, assaulted, pulled from card, probably going to get cut. Upside? He has a hell of a friend in Connor McGregor who will probably keep him on the payroll.
Mike Cheisa: Cuts to face (would like to see pictures), couldn't make weight. Upside? Suing Conor. Not sure if UFC will take care of him as he is multi-time whiner and is starting to feel a little bitch-made with his moves - "didn't tap", "suing a grown man taking care of business when I didn't really get hurt", "why make weight? My mum says I get a big payday from McNuggets for scaring me..."
Ray Borg: eye damage. hopefully short term minor abrasions but no fight. Upside, will probably sue Conor. Hopefully UFC will take care of him.
Mac Life Crew: Media credentials gone, possibly getting sued for letting the irish gang of 30 in. Upside? unclear.
UFC / WME: WTF is this? About as far from mainstream as you can get. Your biggest star is in jail facing charges. How much can you milk out of post USADA BROCK? TV Deal???
Sponsors: Reebok, Monster, Modello - WTF? Run. Why would you want to be associated with this garbage?
Dana: If he hasn't had a heart attack this week, he is a tough SOB. Job has to be on the line.

Am I missing anyone?

Idiot.

genuienly great thread, cheers for writing that, spot on

winners Zabit and opponent moving from Fight Pass to PPV

True, but it was Khabib's roaming entourage that got the ball rolling in the first place with slapgate.

The biggest loser is Chiessa. If not for the Connor incident, he would probably be fighting for a title tomorrow night.

Back