Early Stoppage

Perfect head kick , not sure how much training Volk had to prepare . I hope this is the last time Volk fights at 155

At least the pile of money he made can be a fine pillow .

Now Islam can fight at his proper weight at 170

OP wanted Volk writhing on the ground like Victor Henry.

victor-henry-reacts-receiving-low-853932616.jpg

I thought the same
Naw. I finally seen an instant replay, he was getting lit up. Islam was landing hammer fists and a left hook. Volk instinctively had a grip with his left hand and had his chin tucked into Islam’s lower thigh, it seemingly protected him from Islam’s right hand, but Volk was unprotected from Islam’s left hand and Islam starting landing from two different angles …

That gif is going to look brutal. Volk’s eyes were rolling.

Yeah, I finally seen the instant replay. Islam did an excellent job landing Left hammer fists, forearms, and even a left hook. Hard to account for so many different angles unless you have both arms wrapped up or your head tucked into one of his flanks.

Did you just switch the channel or something right after it happened? Go watch the replay in slow motion. I swing from the mighty nuts of Volkanovski, but that was definitely not an early stoppage.

I streamed illegally and then came here, hoping to get filled in on the stoppage. But I finally seen the instant replay, slow motion.

Last edited:
Naw. I finally seen an instant replay, he was getting lit up. Islam was landing hammer fists and a left hook. Volk instinctively had a grip with his left hand and had his chin tucked into Islam’s lower thigh, it seemingly protected him from Islam’s right hand, but Volk was unprotected from Islam’s left hand and Islam starting landing from two different angles …
Ok thats true. He had his head pinned with his knee. But i do think if the ref had let it go 5 seconde more, volk would have recoveren. He was never out. All in all, it was not a early stoppage but i would have liked it to have continued for 5 more seconds or so. Ah well

the just bleeders go criminal on occasion.

We have seen fighters come back from this level of damage, but the question becomes is it worth the risk? He could have ended up taking even more punishment which could seriously fuck him up for life. CTE

But we have seen it happens e.g Cheick Kongo looked finished against Pat Barry and woke up and knocked him out. Frank Mir looked dead against Nogueira who was like punching the back of Frank's lifeless head, but sometimes those punches wake you back up and Frank ended up pulling off a Kimura.

Volk was not completely out and was looking to grab Islam. I know its all muscle memory and not conscious at all, but another punch could have woken Volk back up, he would have taken more punches but it could have been enough for him to pull guard and survive. Or maybe not. But point is not always worth the risk for your health.

End of the day Rules state you must be intelligently defending yourself and Volk was not at that point. In theory perhaps he could have survived. But still better to protect the fighters to live to fight another day rather than get brain damaged for life.

People continuing for reach for reasons to try and diminish Islam.

The only way to believe this is to have watched it with biased eyes and being upset with the outcome. He went down hard and ate 10 completely undefended head strikes. Didn’t attempt to move or block anything as his head was literally bouncing around. That is never indicative of a fighter still in the fight.

We have seen fighters come back from this level of damage, but the question becomes is it worth the risk? He could have ended up taking even more punishment which could seriously fuck him up for life. CTE

But we have seen it happens e.g Cheick Kongo looked finished against Pat Barry and woke up and knocked him out. Frank Mir looked dead against Nogueira who was like punching the back of Frank's lifeless head, but sometimes those punches wake you back up and Frank ended up pulling off a Kimura.

Volk was not completely out and was looking to grab Islam. I know its all muscle memory and not conscious at all, but another punch could have woken Volk back up, he would have taken more punches but it could have been enough for him to pull guard and survive. Or maybe not. But point is not always worth the risk for your health.

End of the day Rules state you must be intelligently defending yourself and Volk was not at that point. In theory perhaps he could have survived. But still better to protect the fighters to live to fight another day rather than get brain damaged for life.
Good post.

People continuing for reach for reasons to try and diminish Islam.
perfect example of the mental prowess of islam fans.

when it first got stopped, I didn't like it. Saw the replay a few times and realized it was a clean stoppage. Volk's eyes were staring into the void while his head was bobbin around from punches like a newborn. He was out of it. Hate to see it, but it is what it is.

Back