Early prediction: Sterling-Munhoz

I see your Munhoz...and raise you Sterling by decision!

I’m gonna go with Muhnoz because sterling is just so damn boring. Sure he’s “explosive,” but just can’t finish for shit.

One thing that gets lost in Munhoz's last performace is how good his low kicks from range were. In fact that's what made Cody turn it into a firefight. A lot of fans & media left 235 with a narrative that Cody just lost his cool and couldn't stay composed and fight a slower, smarter fight. Munhoz left him with no choice but to turn into a pressure fighter because of the low kicks.

I think Munhoz is too powerful & versatile with his strikes for Sterling. Plus he has Mike Brown in his corner. I know Aljo is a great grappler, but if he shoots a sloppy takedown to discourage Munhoz from coming forward he may get tapped. I like Munhoz a lot here.

One thing that gets lost in Munhoz's last performace is how good his low kicks from range were. In fact that's what made Cody turn it into a firefight. A lot of fans & media left 235 with a narrative that Cody just lost his cool and couldn't stay composed and fight a slower, smarter fight. Munhoz left him with no choice but to turn into a pressure fighter because of the low kicks.

I think Munhoz is too powerful & versatile with his strikes for Sterling. Plus he has Mike Brown in his corner. I know Aljo is a great grappler, but if he shoots a sloppy takedown to discourage Munhoz from coming forward he may get tapped. I like Munhoz a lot here.
good points bro. as you said, munhoz was throwing some nice leg kicks in the cogar fight, and sterling's long stance and tons of kicking style could be compromised with those. munhoz has got a good ptv here

Munhoz was a main training partner with Anderson and machida back when it was still cool. He's just now coming into prime. I bet he will get yet another win by guillotine choke on Sterling. That'd be dope

I think sterling will be able to out wrestle munoz and control him while avoiding any sub attempts from munoz. I also think Sterling's range will give Munoz problems on the feet. I'm leaning towards sterling here.

Last edited:
Sterling looks like the more skilled fighter. Between his kicks and his wrestling he should take it. If Sterling get drawn into a punching exchanges he'll be playing with fire though.

"because yeah"

giphy.gif

Both these guys have looked good lately.Sterling is on a real nice 3 win streak since that knee from Moraes,Johns was a good win and Stamann is a solid win but that win over Jimmie Rivera really put him up there.Munhoz is on a similar run with a win over Johns,then Caraway and Cody since losing to Dodson.

Not that any of that matters much but it's kind of a perfect match up momentum wise.Munhoz seems to be a lot more active and confident with his striking than he used to be and his guillotine is always a threat if Sterling leaves his neck anywhere it shouldn't be.I have always slightly underrated Munhoz and possibly overrated Sterling.I'd have to refresh on footage and think about them against each other to give a proper prediction but as it is right now i'd lean Munhoz especially in a 5 round fight (which it is not)..Great fight,tough one to pick,both are really coming around and looking sharp.

sterling by easy decision. i can't see him losing. sorry folks.

I think Sterling's striking is underrated and Munhoz was losing on the feet before goading Cody into a sloppy brawl. If Aljo gets in trouble he can fall back on his wrestling.

Last edited:
Back