ear discomfort (cauliflower) question?

jscore

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So, my ear has been a bit sore lately after practice. It looks "slightly" more swollen than the other ear, so I was thinking it's probably cauliflower. The thing is, I don't really feel any fluid anywhere, and it hasn't "blown up" like in traditional cauliflower.

So I read up and bought some 30 gauge insulin syringes, etc.

I tried to insert the needle into the the point that looks swollen, but I couldn't get any fluid out at all. I tried it several more times and same thing...

So is it possible to have a bit of discomfort (e.g., touch or sleeping) but not have any liquid buildup?

no fluid no use for a needle, your ear is just irritated

So, my ear has been a bit sore lately after practice. It looks "slightly" more swollen than the other ear, so I was thinking it's probably cauliflower. The thing is, I don't really feel any fluid anywhere, and it hasn't "blown up" like in traditional cauliflower.

So I read up and bought some 30 gauge insulin syringes, etc.

I tried to insert the needle into the the point that looks swollen, but I couldn't get any fluid out at all. I tried it several more times and same thing...

So is it possible to have a bit of discomfort (e.g., touch or sleeping) but not have any liquid buildup?

hilarious! dude, if it isn't exploding outwards (trust me, you will know when it happens) don't drain it.

try to use the needle and put some air in, i always wondered what would happen. let me know how it turns out

thanks guys, i was freaking out for nothing i guess...gonna go easy on the ear and skip bjj for few classes.

just ice it up it will be fine'' FYI'' I do this and so do my training partners'' Run cold water over your ears, and all around the inside of them after every practice'' Trust me you will not get dumbo ears

dude, you don't even have to skip class unless it swells up.

im thinking better let it calm down before it gets even worse. it's a bit irritated. or maybe just wear some headgear..

uhhh why skip class? get some earguards, wear them for a few weeks until everythings good and train.

Back