eaing kreatine during weight loss period?

spiderguardman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i have a grappling comp coming up at febuari 4'th and i weigh about 160pounds give or take 1pound.
the weightclass i'm competing in is att 154 pounds, could i eat kreatine for more power and explosivity for the comp or would it make me gain weight?

i try to eat i high fat high protein diet, i only eat pasta and rice after workout, i try to eat alot of greens and veggies, for snacks i eat nuts (no peanuts) and fruit. ive been cheating with some candy this weekend but i'll try quiting that shit :redface:

in grapplers guide to sport nutritition by john berardi and michael fry they recomend kreatine in your daily routine even during cutting.

so anyone done it, did it work for you?

just stop taking it about a week before you weigh in to let the excess water get out of your system.

Take it.

I'd use CEE (look it up), it should help you without putting on water weight (it works for me), incomparison to creatine monohydrate, which always made me put on 5 pounds or so.

I take CEE all the time btw-helps explosiveness and helps delay trhe onset of lactic acid

First, learn what you are taking, it is Creatine, and Yes it will make you weight more (Water Absorbtion).

spiderguardman said:
seriously guys?? someone should have some info on this...

Well... I was sitting at 176 pounds for like 8 months following a average diet. At this point i had a body fat % of 9.7 , I started using creatine and in 2 months, i was 191 pounds and had a body fat % of 6.6 . I sound simllar body type to you so i think you could use it, but i would deffently go more strict on the diet side of things. My diet at this time was pretty full on. I did find carbs usefull because of the fact they gave me more energy to burn, so had longer,harder workouts.
Also, im from Australia so do you guys have creatine "MONOHYDRATE" ??? It is more refined, and has way less shit in it. So i would use that instead of regular creatine.

I have never used drugs btw (steriods)

it's creatine monohydrate, but in sweden creatine is spelled kreatin.
will one week be enough to loose the water without strenght loss?

spiderguardman said:
it's creatine monohydrate, but in sweden creatine is spelled kreatin.
will one week be enough to loose the water without strenght loss?

Well, as far as im concerned, you will not loose any strength. I think one problem is that people forget that the hole concept of the product is to actualy feed the muscle, not actualy make it bigger.

Back