Multiplatform EA UFC 5 Thread Rumors/News

Yari

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Didn't really want to make a thread about the game because I've been let down quite a bit by the franchise in general, but seeing some interesting bits now that I wanted to share.

First of all there is a closed beta soon, you can sign up here. It's for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-beta-registration
(Note the codes do not actually go out late August, that is a typo and they should go out mid September).

The full reveal is said to be on September 9th. But there are some early leaks such as the game having an M rating which is interesting because that is a first in the franchise. This means they can do more Blood / Violence.

Also interesting was this picture which mentions both doctor stoppages and a new damage sytem. Aswell as the new Frostbite engine.
F4a0Z_LXoAIntEN

F4ZKilcaoAATW6n

Today a new article was dropped on Insider-Gaming that mentions a media event was held recently, the game is scheduled for an October 27 launch and the pre-order fighters are Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, and Fedor Emelianenko. (link: https://insider-gaming.com/sources-ea-sports-ufc-5-will-release-in-october-why-its-rated-m/ )

He has another story for later today, apparently. I'll update the post if it is anything interesting.
I'll probably hate the game after a few hours, but these were some interesting bits that I wanted to share here aswell.

Edit: The follow up story claims that the game will feature Online Career Mode. These are all pretty specific claims, I'm leaning towards them being true.

https://insider-gaming.com/sources-ea-sports-ufc-5-will-have-online-career-mode/
Edit 2:
https://insider-gaming.com/sources-...-frostbite-engine-with-new-gameplay-features/
60fps

In addition to damage, there will be a new cinematic replay for knockouts (KO) that is supposed to improve the presentation during and after the moment of a KO.

It was also shown to Insider Gaming that fighters will suffer broken noses, swelled eyes, and more in fights. Each impairment will cause an issue for the fighter throughout the bout. There will also be chances of doctor stoppages.

For the fighting itself, it was said that the submission minigames are being removed. Instead, there is a newly built system based on transitions. The clip sent to Insider Gaming shows it looks similar to the systems of past UFC titles.

EA Sports UFC 5 launches on October 27 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

Screenshot_20230830_053024_Firefox.jpg

The only image that he was able to share from the media that he had gotten was the one above. Seeing referee pull off the fighter.

Last edited:
Nice info in this thread, much appreciated. I haven't seen most of this, I saw the Dr info and someone that's played the game saying the new engine has striking feeling much different in a good way.

Hopefully a step in the right direction finally.

So PC gamers get fucked yet again? Why does this keep happening? What year is this!?

Yeah, I don't get this. All major EA Sports games get PC releases. Hell, even 2K's WWE series is marginally succesful on the platform.

I've bought every game since UFC Undisputed:2009 so I'll get this one as well. They're far from "perfect" but are great for casually playing. The Fedor rumor is pretty cool if it turns out to be legit.

So PC gamers get fucked yet again? Why does this keep happening? What year is this!?

Yeah, I don't get this. All major EA Sports games get PC releases. Hell, even 2K's WWE series is marginally succesful on the platform.

If i remember correctly its the same EA studio that do the NHL games and they don't port those to PC either

Completely agree. Game should have been on PC too, it is some bullshit that it wasnt. And yeah I also barely played EA UFC 4, so the "fun factor" hasn't been there for me for a very long time. Have to admit they're getting me with some of these announcements, hope I get into the beta so I can actually play the game and get a feel.

Added a screenshot that Mike Straw shared online. He did an one hour video breaking down what he heard too. I have no reason to doubt anything at this point. Can't believe im finally going to be able to throw some bombs with Fedor.

Completely agree. Game should have been on PC too, it is some bullshit that it wasnt. And yeah I also barely played EA UFC 4, so the "fun factor" hasn't been there for me for a very long time. Have to admit they're getting me with some of these announcements, hope I get into the beta so I can actually play the game and get a feel.

Added a screenshot that Mike Straw shared online. He did an one hour video breaking down what he heard too. I have no reason to doubt anything at this point. Can't believe im finally going to be able to throw some bombs with Fedor.

Fedor was in EA MMA...

Fedor was in EA MMA...

The best MMA game to date imo. I was super excited when they announced the EA would be doing the UFC games because I thought they’d keep the combat system, but no.

That first leaked image gives me hope already. UFC 4 had a weird cartoony look to it at times, they tried to fit in random items for fighters to wear during a fight which killed the realism.

Beta closed it only let me sign up for Xbox anyone got a PS5 one to trade PM

Lastly, there will be a new physics-based hit reaction system that sees fighters react in more authentic ways during a fight.

In one clip sent to Insider Gaming, it shows a fighter falling in an expected way when a hard calf kick is landed on a damaged fighter.

When it launches, UFC 5 will be available exclusively on current-gen PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. In addition to the aforementioned animation updates, the game includes a new online career mode, a new submission system, and a move to the Frostbite engine.

What do you think of the gameplay animations coming to EA Sports UFC 5?
---

Another update

not the nhl series. they are too paranoid about modders putting out roster updates for the game, that way EA can't just sell the next years roster update for the price of a full game, complete with all of the same bugs and gameplay from the last years version. theyve been doing that for the better part of a decade now, maybe even more.

bring back the ufc undisputed series. that was some good rock em sock em shit right there.

Let's hope for a non clunky/robotic looking submission animation. I am a bit skeptical about the sub game being transition based but it sounds better than the last garbage

They released a teaser of fighters seeing the new footage/trailer. They are really selling it as a massive upgrade.

Nice find. Hate these kind of vids but at least confirms the Fedor thing.

Back