• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They always make claims like this, and then when the game comes out, it's a repetitive, robotic, mess with canned animations catered to casuals. Watch them nerf the things you're excited about it in the beta because people want an underwater arcade fighter.
Sure, it's possible that some things get nerfed a bit. Ya never know. But you can't nerf not having the parry though. You can't really nerf being to able to run at your opponent when he is hurt. Not sure how you can nerf being able to move and strike at the same time.

I was just responding to what you said, which was that it seemed like more of the same game. I guess you meant that you don't care what they say, you will assume it won't be true and will skip out on it anyway?

The changes they made are sounding pretty good so far...

Since the career mode has been basicly the same, in the last two games...it is refreshing to hear or read that there are changes too!

Picking a camp you train with, that gives you move sets that aren't in other camps is actually straight copied from Undisputed3...but that is a step in the right direction.

They also apparently added Footwork/Stance Signature styles. So guys like Stephen Thompson, Dominick Cruz, TJ Dillashaw, Conor McGregor, Frankie Edgar, etc.. all have their unique stances and movement. Really curious to see how that actually looks and feels though

Does this game have proper striking yet? Can you actually use a jab? First two games you could literally only strike moving forward and not moving backwards at all. Dumbest shit ever.

I hope it is good. The last two were such a let down. Non-responsive striking and hold the stick ground game are garbage. I am just hoping they can at least make as good a game as THQ did in 2008 and EA Tiburon did with EA MMA. It has been rough since ea took the license and made worse games than we had ten year ago.

Yea the transitions in EA 2 were... baffling to say the least. It's like they said fuck it, we need to simplify this shit for people who have never seen an MMA fight not involving Conor or Ronda in their life. They literally replaced the skill and knowledge with a "whoever has the highest skill number most likely succeeds" system. Also for ranked online play, they need some kind of points system. Not "you win so many fights with Jon Jones with no consequence".

They need an actual point system that rewards you for picking worse characters so you have an incentive. If Jon Jones is 96, and Vitor is 89, and you beat Jon Jones you should get 7 points and your opponent lose 7. Then if you continuously win with Jon Jones and only pick him, you only get 1 point a win to go towards your leaderboard score. Would kill people using the OP characters and give people incentive to use normally rated characters. Also they NEED to make transitions manual again, will not buy if its more mini game bullshit.

Thanks for tag I haven't been following this. I want to give the game a chance, it looks like the presentation is better, you have weighins and hopefully a better career mode. I can't tell based on the striking shown in the trailer if it will be smoother/better than ufc 2. I'd like it if there was a demo so I don't waste 60 dollars lol

Do you still cry when you get your ass kicked?? Lol I remember working you all the time in the old UFC game, youd get like 1 win in 5 fights if you were lucky and say that was the one that you were trying on. You were literally like playing with a 5 yr old child hahahahahaha

Sounds like they made the striking more like Fight Night. Combined with the striking only mode, could be fun. I'd still like to see another Fight Night though.

I hope I get a beta code.. Please EA

Sounds like they made the striking more like Fight Night. Combined with the striking only mode, could be fun. I'd still like to see another Fight Night though.
This "Stand 'n Bang" mode is going to be like Knockout mode, without the silly hit-count-guaranteed-KO stuff in it, I assume.

Also meaning it is very unlikely to be an online mode. Knockout mode was a offline only mode, I expect the grappling/striking versions they added, to be nothing but expansions to that mode.

They should add these new modes to the Quick Match search function, with a filter. How awesome would it be to host striking-only tournaments.

Would be good if you started off on a smaller promotion like cage warriors and either take the tuf road or just climb to the top of cage warriors or something.
Also I want more interactivity. Press conferences, weigh ins, post fight interviews. It also needs more fun an interesting training mini games. Nobody wants to play it if it's shit.

This "Stand 'n Bang" mode is going to be like Knockout mode, without the silly hit-count-guaranteed-KO stuff in it, I assume.

Also meaning it is very unlikely to be an online mode. Knockout mode was a offline only mode, I expect the grappling/striking versions they added, to be nothing but expansions to that mode.

They should add these new modes to the Quick Match search function, with a filter. How awesome would it be to host striking-only tournaments.
I would definitely love an online mode for both Grappling Only & Striking Only. I feel like a both would be really beneficial to practice and hone the skills.

Would be good if you started off on a smaller promotion like cage warriors and either take the tuf road or just climb to the top of cage warriors or something.
Also I want more interactivity. Press conferences, weigh ins, post fight interviews. It also needs more fun an interesting training mini games. Nobody wants to play it if it's shit.
All of that appears to be in UFC 3 actually.

All of that appears to be in UFC 3 actually.

Lol I know which is why it was so good, it even had pride! Who doesn't love a soccer kick?
EA UFC has been good but seriously lacks in the department's mentioned

Lol I know which is why it was so good, it even had pride! Who doesn't love a soccer kick?
EA UFC has been good but seriously lacks in the department's mentioned
no I mean, all of that is actually being put into EA UFC 3.

Edit - Except Pride Mode, which hasnt been confirmed nor denied yet

I hope that they bring Pride to the game. Soccer kicks would be amazing online.

I'd love for Pride to be there but the way that has been answered towards thus far, by anyone that played the game or worked on it, don't count on it at all.

I'd love for Pride to be there but the way that has been answered towards thus far, by anyone that played the game or worked on it, don't count on it at all.

Fucking pride nazis!

If you guys haven't already, go sign up for the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back