• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EA SPORTS UFC, v4: "Where are the Heavyweights?"...Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it extremely entertaining that people really honestly care about how good they are at a game and will brag and boast about it like it some sort of lifetime achievement.

Unless you are getting paid big bucks to be so good at a game then it don't mean shit. The ego bruising and butthurt itt is hilarious to read.

I can't seem to get out of black belt for some reason. I manage to not get relegated but I can't get promoted either.

For every person that I can beat, there's one guy who is on my level, and another guy who just absolutely thrashes me. How do people get that good at this game? lol

I find it extremely entertaining that people really honestly care about how good they are at a game and will brag and boast about it like it some sort of lifetime achievement.

Unless you are getting paid big bucks to be so good at a game then it don't mean shit. The ego bruising and butthurt itt is hilarious to read.

SportKillerGreg and BJPenn2012 are top of the food chain players....they love MMA..they love Video games..and take this shit seriously....I see nothing wrong with the back and forth shit talking....so what they take this game seriously? whats wrong with that???

I can't seem to get out of black belt for some reason. I manage to not get relegated but I can't get promoted either.

For every person that I can beat, there's one guy who is on my level, and another guy who just absolutely thrashes me. How do people get that good at this game? lol

maybe you aren't Red Belt material? to be honest the match making is fucked. When I was on blackbelt level i was getting matched up vs redbelt level and brown belt level players. So you might be fighting guys who are better than you....I fought MikeDaProblem like 3 times while I was on blackbelt and hes the #2 ranked player in the game...... or maybe your opponent only uses champions and OP fighters....don't stress it....keep your eyes open on the next tournament we run....there you can prove your worth...What's your screen name? I used to be the gatekeeper of sherdog...im slightly better than that...Ill gladly test your meddle

Why are you two fighting over second place still? Or is it third?

All I know is I'm the fuccen HW champ..

I streaked all over Greg and Sonnet before hanging up these gloves.

Why do I have to oblige a nobody?

Last I checked, YOU are the one that no one has ever heard of. Pot calling kettle black?

Talk is cheap, come back up the talk up...if you actually can.

exhausted kick ko I got earlier today....lol

maybe you aren't Red Belt material? to be honest the match making is fucked. When I was on blackbelt level i was getting matched up vs redbelt level and brown belt level players. So you might be fighting guys who are better than you....I fought MikeDaProblem like 3 times while I was on blackbelt and hes the #2 ranked player in the game...... or maybe your opponent only uses champions and OP fighters....don't stress it....keep your eyes open on the next tournament we run....there you can prove your worth...What's your screen name? I used to be the gatekeeper of sherdog...im slightly better than that...Ill gladly test your meddle

I have no doubt that I'd probably get mauled if I made it to red belt.

Wow, that happens? I probably fought a bunch of red belt fighters then. I remember one fight a guy was using Cerrone and he just kept hitting me with ridiculous combos that just left me paralyzed and waiting to get KO'd lol.

WHen is the next tournament? I'd say I'm decent. My striking is average but my ground game is pretty legit.

BJP2012 reminds me of this guy I fought a couple months back where I was Chael & he was Nick Diaz. I UD'd him with like 30 TD attempts... I landed like 16 but it was still a pretty pathetic win honestly. But I won :) Then afterwords I reverse trolled him by sending him nice nerdy sounding messages. Example: Man good fight! You totally should have won! :)

Stuff like that. Then every response from him was just completely douchey. Like I was seriously surprised that he was still a douche to this nice friendly sounding player. Even after he beat me in the rematch by spamming Silva's clinch without doing any damage...still douching it up.

Not saying you were that guy, BJP :redface: :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: This.

I see another Tourney on the horizons with some new contenders eh Garnett?

I see another Tourney on the horizons with some new contenders eh Garnett?

Ive been playing Mortal Kombat and haven't touched EA UFC in about a week or 2.....I don't mind helping to organize it....but I probably will just watch from the sidelines.....

SportKillerGreg and BJPenn2012 are top of the food chain players....they love MMA..they love Video games..and take this shit seriously....I see nothing wrong with the back and forth shit talking....so what they take this game seriously? whats wrong with that???

Yeah, I bet they are rollin in cash and top shelf poon because they are beasts at EA UFC online. It's a fucking video game man. Get a grip people.

Anyone that takes video games that seriously without getting paid big bucks on the comp circuit has some problems imo.

Yeah, I bet they are rollin in cash and top shelf poon because they are beasts at EA UFC online. It's a fucking video game man. Get a grip people.

Anyone that takes video games that seriously without getting paid big bucks on the comp circuit has some problems imo.

Well you're on sherdog too, so it's hard to believe you're a much better person than myself. I bet you're out there doing half gram lines, drinking expensive ass liquor, and bangin 10s every night like 75% of sherdog. Show me the way, please.

I just won my first red belt. MK has made online so much easier.

I fucking suck at the game but I'd probably play others for shits on XOne. Granted I winged through the tutorial and have just played one on one's real quick and I'm hit or miss in terms of wins. Fun game in general.

So I finally got the game :) Before I go online, what should I learn to defend against? What are the cheap stuff that noobs like me (undisputed and ea mma veteran tho) get fu**** with?

Is the crappy submission game worth learning? Are the spinning shit spammed online?

Some help please, sherbros :D

So I finally got the game :) Before I go online, what should I learn to defend against? What are the cheap stuff that noobs like me (undisputed and ea mma veteran tho) get fu**** with?

Is the crappy submission game worth learning? Are the spinning shit spammed online?

Some help please, sherbros :D

Honestly practice against the computer learning combos. Put it at hard or medium so you will get your ass kicked a few times and you will start figuring things out. I only really go for subs from the bottom, submissions aren't the be all end all just learn to defend and you'll be fine. Also practice your distance and timing, don't just run in throwing hooks. Parrying isn't really necessary I never really block to be honest unless I'm in danger, constant forward pressure and body shots to keep there cardio low.

You don't really have to worry about spammers or fuck all, although there is this annoying flaw in the game where there is about a 2 second window after you throw a kick where you can be taken down by anyone unless you're Jon Jones. Hope tht helps. If you played the old ufc games you should pick up on this one fairly quickly I was black belt the first day I played.

Well you're on sherdog too, so it's hard to believe you're a much better person than myself. I bet you're out there doing half gram lines, drinking expensive ass liquor, and bangin 10s every night like 75% of sherdog. Show me the way, please.

I never claimed any of that. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of taking a video game so fucking serious. It's craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back