• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EA SPORTS UFC, v4: "Where are the Heavyweights?"...Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they got the actual game play right. The only credit I give the game is in stand up where it's OK. Everything else is shit. Clinch is boring and pointless, ground is lame, no reversals or anything. Pass strike hold strike then they get up. Also this is next gen ufc 3 was last gen you can't really make a graphical comparison there.

The gameplay was crap in UFC 3. It was an arcade fighting game based in the UFC...it was even billed as such.

You seem mad because you were used to flicking the stick on the ground to get a good position, now it doesn't work like that and you can't handle it.

Block them properly when they are trying to get up.

Yea we could use some new Hw's i usually just pick the reem and bait people into his flying knee's that easily reach the other side of the cage lol.

His Rb, up, and Y which is an overhand has range and does sick damage and mixed with his rage and clinch control hes a beast.

I recetly started working on my clinch and let me tell you its a beast. You may not stop anyone with it but the incessant clinching and holding them makes them frustrated as hell all hell. Mix in the takedowns with my already elite stand up skills and its to much for most to handle.

Ill usually fight ill they have no stamina clinch, go to the thai plum, switch to double underhooks, go to the back, block, block, and then suplex.

Its starting to become easy to me and I love it. Nothings like suplexing these chumps lol. BTW spamming is the same and corect me if im wrong but throwing two head kicks should kill your stamina right? Everyones spamming head kicks now lol

All of the HWs listed would be welcomed. I especially want Schaub in as he's one of my favorite fighters.

As for all of the complaining about the game, I feel that the fights are very fun, but that's just about all there is. Career mode is just train, fight, repeat, and I'm pretty sure that's the only game mode outside of exhibition fights.

The gameplay was crap in UFC 3. It was an arcade fighting game based in the UFC...it was even billed as such.

You seem mad because you were used to flicking the stick on the ground to get a good position, now it doesn't work like that and you can't handle it.

Block them properly when they are trying to get up.

I hope ea sports ufc isn't "billed as a sim" and I know how to block the ground game is boring and bland. If you like it more and think it's better than ufc 3'sground game good on ya but I want some of the shit your smokin.

UFC 3 was OK but really needed tweaking, lots of people wanting 2k to give MMA a shot but they screwed up the PS3/360 WWE game pretty bad (next gen got delayed).

If EA truly keeps supporting their product til the next version comes out then that's some pretty good support to the game. Whether it was a bad game or not day 1 its rare that developers keep their word on constant updates.

With Rumble back I would think that he should be in the game. Hopefully we don't have to wait for a whole new patch to be developed since it seemed like he was ready to be added already

this.

That patch was recalled to remove him, so unfortunately it has to be submitted another time, with him included.

That said I think the odds of getting him in the game again are pretty good now. Luckily that shit did not drag on too long, until the online part had already died out completely, for example.

With a bit of luck we can still get him in the game this month.

and this hopefully.......

War Rumble!!!

20121105080113_IMG_4107.JPG

One thing I don't get is the coin system. I watch videos so I can get coins and use the coins to get to a higher belt level online? I am usually trying to throw a fight or two to avoid going up a belt.

i have not been able to play since before Gunnar Nelson patch, how is the game now and all the new fighters? just found out Lombard is finally in the game really excited about that!

i have not been able to play since before Gunnar Nelson patch, how is the game now and all the new fighters? just found out Lombard is finally in the game really excited about that!

I love Lombard BUT in the button mashing online world...and his T-Rex arms and his lack of any sort of reach is a GREAT disadvantage....BUT if you get in close you can spam the muy Thai plum.... and YES sherbros I AM A MUY THAI spammer!!! He's also a beast with the judo throws out of clinch...and his ground game is pretty solid...

Last edited:
I love Lombard BUT in the button mashing online world...and his T-Rex arms and his lack of any sort of reach is a GREAT disadvantage....BUT if you get in close you can spam the muy Thai plum.... and YES sherbros I AM A MUY THAI spammer!!! He's also a beast with the judo throws out of clinch...and his ground game is pretty solid...

Cool thanks for info! I knew his reach would be a problem, I imagined his a shorter version of Woodley with Judo instead of wrestling, really like playing Woodley hehe

played a bit of EA UFC last night, won a 3 round decision without throwing a single strike or attempting a submission. I got hit over 40 times but I won through effective lay and pray lol.

Only way I lose nowadays Is when I get taken down and mounted. They block my every attempt to escape and finish me off. What the fuck am I missing here? I destroy everyone standing up. I feel like im missing something on the ground.

And It actually bothers me how overpowered and unrealistic Werdum is.

Got myself a ps4 + the game today. No ps+ tho. Gonna fire it up tonight. Finally!

He also gasses very easily... TERRIBLE matchup for the Diaz bros or anyone else with reach and cardio

Only way I lose nowadays Is when I get taken down and mounted. They block my every attempt to escape and finish me off. What the fuck am I missing here? I destroy everyone standing up. I feel like im missing something on the ground.

Stop trying to stand up. It will get blocked every time, you need to transition to half guard first. Anyone decent on the ground LOVES when people spam the get up from bottom mount, it's not going to work

Stop trying to stand up. It will get blocked every time, you need to transition to half guard first. Anyone decent on the ground LOVES when people spam the get up from bottom mount, it's not going to work

I hate when people do that. They cant get up, but if they are spammin l3 you cant do any damage either so the match just becomes really boring

I hate when people do that. They cant get up, but if they are spammin l3 you cant do any damage either so the match just becomes really boring

Yeah I guess if it's constant spam it's pretty annoying... but they still aren't going to get out that way.I think the most recent patch at least made it so that will cost them stamina, but they do need to make it so you can only attempt to stand up a few times before being gassed and unable to transition for a second IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back