Dye in pads running... vinegar solution?

Foolkiller

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature!
Reaction score
I bought some new focus mitts recently recently for boxing however the dye in the gloves sewen onto the pad is running and discolouring my hands so at the end of training my hands are slightly green. I know the white vinegar/water solution trick used for gis so I was curious if it will work the same way with leather pads? I don't really want to have to get dye lock because I don't want to risk damaging the leather.

Don't wash the pads, you'll srew the leather. Go to a fabric shop and set some color set, mix it in a spray bottle and spray the hell out of the glove part. Use very little water.

I would send it back if it were mine.

www.SSFgear.com

I picked them up at a show a few weeks back so that's not really an option. The actual pads are great, my only problem is the dye. They were kinda of cheap but they are very stiff and well padded so the good outweighs the bad. I wasn't going to wash them, I was going to leave them to sit in the vinegar/water solution for an hour or so and then air dry them over a couple of days before Febrezing them to get rid of the vinegar smell.

Is the glove part leather? If so, don't do it. You can set a silicon paste and rub on the inside and that should help some.

www.SSFgear.com

Silicon paste? Where'd I find that?

Think I need to go check some shoe shops.

Back