• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

PBP DWCS 2023 Week 7 PBP Discussion: Tue Sept. 19 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

How Many Contracts Will be Handed Out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like that Kruschewsky already wants to fight in November. Dude is hungry.

Everyone on DWCS should walk past Dana and ask to fight "next month" regardless of whether they need 30 stitches.

It plays to everything Dana wants.

Gaziev looks like a dude you really don't wanna get really angry.
less angry, more like, don't be around him if he's hungry and you weigh less than 160. You will be down to bones in no time.
tumblr_lt4tkjFWTN1qg39ewo1_500.gif

I thought Talita was more attractive with a nicer body, tbh.

Stephanie gets smoked by anybody with decent takedowns.

I wouldn’t have signed either girl. And I like wmma.

I wouldn't have been mad at signing both and giving Luciano a striker and Talita a BJJ fighter.

I don't actually understand the mentality in anything else.

Maybe Dana was scared Talita would gas horribly in her UFC debut and still not get finished. Those fights are bad.

I just don't understand favouring one over the other.

Actually I do think I understand tonight's picks.

Dana became suddenly (and arbitrarily) obsessed with DWCS (Brazilian was the narrative tonight) champions, so for no reason his over-infatuation with age came in to play.

It was pretty clear in every review he gave outside of Gaziev.

Damn, if this cat could at least be consistent from week-to-week.

I absolutely guarantee that's behind his nonsense decisions.

Alencar is 32, Allen is 31, so for (insert reason here) that's suddenly far too old because [champion or die].

Luciano was probably a worse fighter than Alencar with better cardio, but she's 23, so potential future champion right here [if you don't know, now you know].

Im surprised Dana even cares enough to make up a bullshit story for why he picked Luciano. I guess the shareholders put "some" pressure on him.

Im surprised Dana even cares enough to make up a bullshit story for why he picked Luciano. I guess the shareholders put "some" pressure on him.

I figured when he was on an eterna-ramble, he was making an excuse for signing both after a bad fight.

Little did I know, that long-winded diatribe foreshadowed two bad decisions in a row lol

The ability of some men to be fooled by white skin, tits and ass never fails to amaze me. Im a hypocrite because I like to see tits and ass.....but to give her a contract and not Allen is straight up wrong.

He needs her more than it needs him. Allen is a pretty good fighter, but you have many guys like him out there.
Not so many like the girl.

They should add Shamil on the Abu Dhabi card next month

Shamil about gave me a heart attack letting Velasco take his back like that. I thought we were about to see a Sabatini/Emmers type of situation. Still, he showed great composure and defensive Jiu-Jitsu fundamentals in that spot. And his power... good lord. Still need to see more of that gas tank, though. Regardless, the war wagon rolls on!

Igor da Silva and Kruschewsky also looked really good. I don't know that Luciano was particularly deserving of a UFC contract. The only thing she showed was that she could do the bare minimum to avoid getting a spot to be submitted/pounded out after being taken down a gazillion times until inevitably beating up an exhausted heavy bag of an opponent in the third round. Some of the girls with a half-decent gas tank and a modicum of offensive wrestling will run a clinic on her.

Allen not getting signed wasn't egregious per se as he didn't seem to be special or remarkable, but I thought if Dana was taking Luciano then he looked sufficiently polished to at least be a serviceable addition to the roster.

Shamil delivered, then, after a hairy opening. Looks a beast.

Did Dana just take one woman from a draw...?

I guess it a case of who drew best? In my opinion after a performance like that from both fighters, they both draw No Contracts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farrelstfn
Back