• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP DWCS 2023 Week 3 PBP Discussion: Tue Aug. 22, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT

How Many Contracts Will be Handed Out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kaik Brito is very legit, huge win for thid Obanion fellow. I too don't take British prospects seriously but he earned his contract.

I would not have given the contract. But if he gets smoked they still get to talk about hill and omalley being dwcs ufc champions and never have to acknowledge this guy existed.

It's people actually fighting so the sport is there. Humanity itself is the entertainment aspect.

Man, fuck Dana.

Tells Knutz she needs more experience but then gives a contract to Reece.

She literally had like doube the fight time tonight than Reece has his entire career . . .

Just a one off. The first fight of the night between Felipe Dos Santos and Luciano Pereira was cancelled after Pereira missed weight. They decided to then book Felipe Dos Santos against Manel Kape at UFC 293 in Sydney Australia. Dos Santos will be filling in for Kai Kara France who pulled out with an injury.

Wow! That’s wild. The guy’s scheduled fight for a UFC contract doesn’t go ahead, gets a fight on a PPV instead!

Jon Anik of DWCS is a catastrophe
I am not sure Reese has beaten a very good fighter
Oban Elliott will fill the UK cards but seems a bit random talent

Sweden MMA?

Do you think she knows Khamzat ?

khamzat-chimaev-khamzat.gif

Looked on insta and unsurprisingly she's made this moment her sticky post:

not only is she standing next to Khamzat (the #2 greatest Swede in all history), she's with ZLATAN (the #1 greatest Swedish human of all time evar). AT THE SAME TIME!
<YayKpop>

first fight
- 2 min in turning into a slugfest
- Ring ROCKED!
- Ring gains control but eating heavy bows hugging for his life
- Pajuelo beating him down nasty knee and it's over
- Pajuelo striking looked crispy and aggressive style overall
- He gets a contract. imo

Second fight
- Oof WMMA show me something ladies
- Huge headkick to flying knee. lol
- Rocks her then hugs her. smh
- Verbeek showing very little Knutsson aggressive in spurts one step ahead 10-9
- Verbeeek coming alive a little in last 2 min 2nd round but still way behind
- nice left hook by Knutsson Verbeek needs a finish in the third
- Knutsson capitalize on the slip lost the first two min
- 30-27 Knutsson i was impressed with her skills but lacked finishing instinct. Pretty low level fight
- no contract

third fight
- Nice takedown looked like he was gonna land on his arm ala shogun/Coleman
- 2 min in pretty even on the feet
- Good body kicks by Elliot, Brito still looks better on the feet
- tough to score Brito had more volume Elliot had 2 TD and a few solid body kicks. I'm leaning Brito
- Elliot gassed as fuck what the hell these are 170 pounders. lol
- Damn nice TDD by Brito
- nice scramble on the ground back to the feet
- Elliott rocked
- Elliot desperate i sense a finish
- Brito gassed as fuck too has him on queer street but throwing sloppy as fuck unreal he didn't finish it here.
- lmao so sloppy Elliot remembered he can strike too lol
- These guys are fighting hard but this is regional level shit.
- Without even watching the third round I am saying no contract not even a KO can save this slopfest.

fourth fight
- damn brutal GNP
- Then submitted. ha ha that sucks for him
- Reese will get a contract.
- oh shit we got a "Thats my boy" from i guess his Dad in the audience he's taking everything Charlie Weidman worked for!

Lets see what the Goof has to say.
- I thought Knutsson might have earned a contract the Goof wasn't feeling it i guess lol she did push against the fence a lot and seemed to have bursts of aggression through out the fight but in hindsight a lot of hugging plus she had her rocked twice and did fuck all with it. Good to see Dana hold back actually.
- No fucking way Elliot should have got the contract that fight was sloppy as fuck. imo This dude better work on his cardio then more cardio and what hell some more cardio he'll get killed in the UFC
- Dana all over the place here lol
- No surprise on Zach getting the contract seems to have a lot of upside.
- Pretty good fights overall this week. I highly recommend watching this next day. I have watched the whole season so far and not seen one second of the show other than the fights cut out at least 40 min of filler crap.

till next week.

I thought Oban looked pretty good, I know a lot of people disagree. Not saying hes gonna be setting the UFC on fire but I think he showed the ability to be a solid journeyman and a nice addition to UK cards. The other guy was pretty experienced and had a high finish rate, Oban showed a lot of heart and durability to survive that onslaught, not tap to the armbar and then come back to win the final round. Add to that his story and personality and the nickname and hes pretty cool imo.

Can't wait til next week for Dylan Salvador. He's a legit kickboxing Muay Thai champ who fought the best

After all the 'oh his dad' and 'he lays railroad track', zero chance the Welsh guy wasn't getting signed, he's all they talked about all fight.

I would have passed on him, he only made it thru the 2nd because Brito was throwing those big, sweeping cartoon hooks and spinning back fists. Had he opted for some 1s and 2s, he'd have ended it.

Didn't have time to watch it, just saw that Brito lost.
I thought him winning was a lock, did he goof or was the other guy just better?

Miller is one of the shittest fighters on the entire roster.

I said when she won the TUF finale that it was the saddest TUF finale I'd ever seen and that I wouldn't have given Miller a contract with that win.

And I said she'll be cut within 5 fights. Unless they pull up some uber can from the regionals for her next, that prediction is definitely coming true.
I didn't watch that season of TUF but isn't the whole point of the show that the winner is guaranteed a contract? If someone who sucks wins the show, blame it on the promotion who booked all her opponents.

Back