PBP DWCS 2023 Week 1 PBP Discussion: Tue Aug. 8, 7PM ET/4PM PT

How many contracts are given out on Week 1 of DWCS 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tons of finishes, 80% of the ones that go to decision are great. If you could queue up only the fights in a row it would be awesome.
I guess I will watch it then. <RomeroSalute>Probably skip most of the back stories.
Stay Incredible...scratch that be invincible
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Wasn’t super impressed by this card tonight. Good fights but didn’t see anything crazy

forgot about Yanni the Greek jimmies gonna be rustled. lol

Watching this the next day is actually better skip through all the bull crap and sob stories and just get down to business. lol

Just a quick live breakdown

first fight
- pretty boring fight
- No contract

second fight
- after round 2 Talbott taking over think he lost the first Cortez is tough but fading Talbott is going Zombie mode great fight so far.
- round three starts and momentum killer Cortez milking that nut shot a bit. imho
- Great fight both guys super tough but Talbott clearly the better fight just smarter and cleaner yet still beng very aggressive. Cortez brawling style won't take him far.
- Talbott get a contract

third fight
- Well wasn't expecting to see a Bear fight. ha
- Holy shit after one round these fatties are gasping for air lol where is Greg Hardy's inhaler when you need it...
- surprised they are still breathing after 2 rounds neither guy wants to take a risk.
- meh skipped through the third round regional level fight
- lol at that dude that "won" going ham acting like he did something
- No contract

fourth fight
- Man this is a nice change of pace from that garbage HW fight knock down in 20 seconds
- Holy SHIT nasty KO wow that kid looked good.
- Obvious Contract

fifth fight
- One of these guys beat Pereira? did i hear that right they are not big MW's lol
- Fernado getting hit a lot while trying his hardest to cage hump
- Damn Almeida turning it around beating that ass now.
- Lol Fernando is a leech just wants to be stuck to you.
- Imo Fernando tried to stall all fight but Almeida just looked good all around and stayed really agressive
- Contract to Almeida

So that means i have three contracts
Talbott
Nolan
Ameida

Now lets see what the Red Goof has to say.

<31>

Wow did not expect Almeida to win this, but to be fair the guy was a high level kickboxer so it is not like he was a total nobody.
@Hellowhosthat Fernando got beat, IIRC you was pretty big on this guy and he did look good in his LFA fights, maybe they will invite him again next season or they just put him on a card on short notice.

lol Dana goes Oprah again and just gives them all contracts I admit that i didn't pay much attention to the first fight but that HW fight fucking sucked. lol

Wow did not expect Almeida to win this, but to be fair the guy was a high level kickboxer so it is not like he was a total nobody.
@Hellowhosthat Fernando got beat, IIRC you was pretty big on this guy and he did look good in his LFA fights, maybe they will invite him again next season or they just put him on a card on short notice.

I think he'll need a couple of wins before he gets invited back. It was a really bad performance from him. Showed too much flaking and needs to prove he's not the next coming of Mario Sousa.

Anyway I was pleased my boys Nolan and Talbott didn't let me down. I think they'll both do well in the UFC. Payton is going to melt a lot of people with the pace and pressure he fights at.

Almeida I was impressed with too, obviously has the kickboxing pedigree but showed some good grappling. Survived some bad positions and has good ground and pound when he gets on top.

Borjas I wasn't too impressed with. I think he'll struggle at the top level. Same with Machado, who's nice and aggressive but not very good and basically won because Szaflarski decided to not do anything.

it's like watching Dana making deals at a cattle auction " Machado not the most exciting fight of the night but we're gonna take him too" ha ha Dana always gotta make a dollar.

I think he'll need a couple of wins before he gets invited back. It was a really bad performance from him. Showed too much flaking and needs to prove he's not the next coming of Mario Sousa.
Have yet to watch it, just thought Almeida would be a bust in MMA before this and it was a foregone conclussion just very suprised to see him apparently convincingly winning here.

Give everyone a contract again, yay. Having seen the highlights, why did they sign Borjas and Machado? What's the point? Stop rewarding any kind of win with a contract.

Give everyone a contract again, yay. Having seen the highlights, why did they sign Borjas and Machado? What's the point? Stop rewarding any kind of win with a contract.
Both divisions are pretty weak, especially HW. Borjas looked pretty good, and he was a significant underdog.

I was a little surprised that they signed Machado, but he was completely dominant, and was also an underdog.

I do agree that they should be more discriminating with the contracts, but I don't think either of them will be out of place in their respective divisions.

Both divisions are pretty weak, especially HW. Borjas looked pretty good, and he was a significant underdog.

I was a little surprised that they signed Machado, but he was completely dominant, and was also an underdog.

I do agree that they should be more discriminating with the contracts, but I don't think either of them will be out of place in their respective divisions.

It's what made the earlier seasons so crazy entertaining. You weren't guaranteed a contract even with a fucking finish! Remember Bilarinho??!!! Wheel kick KO at the end of a pedestrian performance....no deal. Madness compared to the lads getting signed off meh decisions. Then one week, Dana will decide to make a point and deny people who fought no worse than those signed the previous week.

It's what made the earlier seasons so crazy entertaining. You weren't guaranteed a contract even with a fucking finish! Remember Bilarinho??!!! Wheel kick KO at the end of a pedestrian performance....no deal. Madness compared to the lads getting signed off meh decisions. Then one week, Dana will decide to make a point and deny people who fought no worse than those signed the previous week.
Yeah I remember they didn't sign Chris Curtis after a headkick KO.

At this point the contracts seem to mostly depend on Dana's mood. He's by far the worst part of the format of the show. And that's including Gianni the Sundried Colon.

Back