• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP DWCS 2022: Week 5, Aug. 23, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts will be given on Week 5 of DWCS 2022? (Guess the right answer and win Vcash!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
God damn! Disappointed in Wang but that was awesome . Still, getting signed at 21 could very well be a detriment to his long term career.
Disagree; this is a sport of novelties to stay relevant.
Putting yourself on the map as "the youngest" is great for his career and he will prolly be fighting cans/prelims for multiple years.

66658-25702521.png

View attachment 939464Should have picked R3 like @giovanni_ss <Wink>

Pulling ahead of me with that one. Nice!

<BlackPinkStab>

Nice finish, age is definitely on his side, but BW is such a shark tank
Honestly I feel like it's almost not on his side. Maybe sense he's fought sense 12 and has a lot of amateur fights it's fine but imo it'd be better for his career to go to Bellator, get his name up and then get a better contract from the UFC . Kids talented and athletic but I feel like he's gonna get chewed up and spit out and have his worth go down.
Thought Wang would win though so wtf do I know lol.

Why would you throw an uppercut that isn't in range? Like make sense, you're saying the obvious. As a shorter fighter, no shit you would get in range before throwing the uppercut?

You obviously have to set up the uppercut, but in range the lead uppercut to overhand right is still effective.

Go put some gloves on and try it lol.

Almost anything can be effective IN RANGE, for a shorter fighter, when you're in tight to that degree, you're more/less making reads based on what you're openings actively are more than anything.

Laura was recommending Gomes lead with an uppercut in the middle of the ring, and you praise for it, literally stated it was more effectively done against taller opposition, which is just downright untrue.

No, I'll stick to setting up my overhands(which truthfully I don't really throw) with jabs, shovel hooks, not leaning in like a fool forcing a technique against taller opposition that quite frankly shouldn't be there.

Back