• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP DWCS 2021: Week 8, Oct. 19, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts are given out on Week 8 of 2021's DWCS?

• Total voters
Parsons is a scrapper and a warrior. I hope he gets to train some more and gets a decent shot. His striking looked significantly better than Renfros and those kicks.. you don't expect that coming from a good ol boy mullet wearin' white boi

Thanks bro!
Dude i wanted to cry no lie
He’s wanted this more than anyone i’ve ever met and he’s come back from so much hardship and just kept his head on. Great coach, great man, great father

Now he just needs to get his ass back to 155 or 145 dear god
Haha he did looks like he was fighting up a weight class. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for his debut.

Parsons is a scrapper and a warrior. I hope he gets to train some more and gets a decent shot. His striking looked significantly better than Renfros and those kicks.. you don't expect that coming from a good ol boy mullet wearin' white boi
He’s filipino and lived in Thailand for years.
He’s the Muay Thai instructor at one of the best gyms in the US. Just undersized for WW

Haha he did looks like he was fighting up a weight class. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for his debut.
Props to Renfro. I’ve seen MWs and LHWs fold to those kicks and right hands

He’s filipino and lived in Thailand for years.
He’s the Muay Thai instructor at one of the best gyms in the US. Just undersized for WW

Well I'm a horrible judge of ethnicity, but either way, dude was awesome to watch and I'm a fan. Going to be rooting for him.

I don't see him having to take the same power shots from guys at 155 or 145 so that should make him even more fun to root for with his power.

Now he just needs to get his ass back to 155 or 145 dear god
His tapology doesn't have a single fight at 155...in fact he has catch weight fights at 175 and has even fought at 185 in mma. So that's not checking out. Pretty sure Danna was making a jab at his weight calling him a 155er

Didn't see the full episode, just some brief highlights, but happy with those signings. Armen Petrosyan will hopefully be brought along slowly, his TDD is clearly a bit iffy but he can have some fun fights at 205lbs with other bangers like Khalil Rountree.

Caio Borralho fully convinced Dana this time then, in style. Obviously he'll go back down to MW, possibly fighting the loser of Hawes/Currie or someone like Deron Winn.

Seems like the main event was super close, though. From what others have said, Jonny Parsons belongs at 155lbs so hopefully we'll see him doing so - seems he could be a marketable guy given his image and stand-up skills.

No, he really didn't.

He may have landed more, but Parsons landed better and did more damage. There's a reason Renfro didn't want to stand with him.

I was confident he had round two, but he could have made it certain by throwing some ground and pound when he got the takedown so it's his own fault really.

His tapology doesn't have a single fight at 155...in fact he has catch weight fights at 175 and has even fought at 185 in mma. So that's not checking out. Pretty sure Danna was making a jab at his weight calling him a 155er
He fought there as an amateur for Tuff N Uff, but hey, what do I know

Renfro should have got the nod. seemed a clear cut 2-1 fight. i take nothing away from parsons that guy also deserved his contract and fought his ass off.

Didn't see the full episode, just some brief highlights, but happy with those signings. Armen Petrosyan will hopefully be brought along slowly, his TDD is clearly a bit iffy but he can have some fun fights at 205lbs with other bangers like Khalil Rountree.

Caio Borralho fully convinced Dana this time then, in style. Obviously he'll go back down to MW, possibly fighting the loser of Hawes/Currie or someone like Deron Winn.

Seems like the main event was super close, though. From what others have said, Jonny Parsons belongs at 155lbs so hopefully we'll see him doing so - seems he could be a marketable guy given his image and stand-up skills.
Armen Petrosyan is going to compete at 185.

Saw some of the women's fight. Looked like a banger. Will watch the full episode tonight.

How many contracts were awarded? Any particularly good fights? How did you all like this episode? Any cool or crazy stuff to look out for?

Me when I saw the hair on Rodriquez arms.

<Moyes5>

Saw some of the women's fight. Looked like a banger. Will watch the full episode tonight.

How many contracts were awarded? Any particularly good fights? How did you all like this episode? Any cool or crazy stuff to look out for?
4 contracts. The first fight wasn't great but all the others were. The Petrosyan KO was nasty.

Didn't really pay attention to that Barnes / Falcao fight so I can't say whether Falcao deserved a contract or not. But I also can't believe I'm seeing a 39 year old on the contender series.

Petrosyan and Borralho were both fantastic. Fan of both dudes. Especially Petr, he's legit.

Real main event and FOTN however, AS PREDICTED, was the female contest between two absolute destroyers. I know the talent pool is very deep and very strong when it comes to WMMA in the UFC but Bubzeh contracts go to both women.I like Rodriguez.

Lol @ Parsons winning that fight. Not a chance. With that being said, Parsons did deserve some form of award for surviving that first round. Bubzeh contract goes to Renfro who I thought won it. Want to see more of him.

Didn't really pay attention to that Barnes / Falcao fight so I can't say whether Falcao deserved a contract or not. But I also can't believe I'm seeing a 39 year old on the contender series.

Petrosyan and Borralho were both fantastic. Fan of both dudes. Especially Petr, he's legit.

Real main event and FOTN however, AS PREDICTED, was the female contest between two absolute destroyers. I know the talent pool is very deep and very strong when it comes to WMMA in the UFC but Bubzeh contracts go to both women.I like Rodriguez.

Lol @ Parsons winning that fight. Not a chance. With that being said, Parsons did deserve some form of award for surviving that first round. Bubzeh contract goes to Renfro who I thought won it. Want to see more of him.

If you're 39 and not already in a major promotion, you simply cannot be classed as a 'contender' and shouldn't be welcomed on a show aiming to find future stars.

There's some 40yr old can-crushing Israeli fella fighting later this season - why? Just why? Even if he wins, why would you want to sign a 40yr old man who's never fought UFC calibre competition? What a waste of a roster slot.

Back