PBP DWCS 2021 Week 3, Sep. 14 , 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts are given out on Week 3 of 2021's DWCS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Broadcast: ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass (int'l)
Date: Tuesday September 14, 2021
Time: 8 PM ET/5 PM PT/1 AM UK
Number of Fights: 6

NOTE: We are implementing LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will no longer have to refresh the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically. If you encounter any issues with Live Threads, please contact an administrator.

Dana White Contender Series Week 3:
Jailton Almeida (13-2) vs. Nasrudin Nasrudinov (9-0)
Brandon Lewis (5-0) vs. Mo Miller (5-0)
Albert Duraev (13-3) vs. Caio Bittencourt (14-6)
Lukasz Brzeski (8-1-1) vs. Dylan Potter (10-5)
Ange Loosa (7-1) vs. Jack Della Maddalena (9-2)
Jasmine Jasudavicius (5-1) vs. Julia Polastri (8-2)

Contender Series Weigh-in Results:

Jailton Almeida (203) vs. Nasrudin Nasrudinov (206)
Brandon Lewis (135.5) vs. Mo Miller (135.5)
Albert Duraev (184.5) vs. Caio Bittencourt (186)
Lukasz Brzeski (234.5) vs. Dylan Potter (232.5)
Ange Loosa (170) vs. Jack Della Maddalena (170.5)
Jasmine Jasudavicius (125) vs. Julia Polastri (125)

2278.png

fc9RiCD.png

I'm high on Mo Miller after watching his fights.

Seeing as I've been in the habit of doing previews for these.

Jailton Almeida Vs Nasrudin Nasrudinov is imo the highest level fight in Contender Series history, just surpassing Brito Vs Lopes from the other week. Jailton was a really good striker and BJJ guy earlier in his career but seems to have been watching Khabib because when I've seen him recently he's implemented this very Dagestani overwhelming cage grappling style, where he's dragging his opponent side to side and constantly hunting for the sub. He's also a big dude for the weight. Nasrudinov has ACA experience and is more of a typical Russian wrestle boxer, though he's smaller than Jailton. Both are high level guys with wins over UFC vets, but I'm actually taking Almeida to get a sub and contract here.

Mo Miller Vs Brandon Lewis should be fairly one way traffic for Mo I think. The guy is an excellent wrestler with superb top control who actively goes for subs. He's also looking to win by slam a lot of the time and is quite happy to pick dudes up and drop them on their faces and has a couple of KO wins that way. Lewis is quite small for the weight, but is a tenacious dude who's last fight was an absolute war. I think he's over his head with Miller though and I think Miller wins by first round slam KO. Lewis did miss some of his career with a serious illness though, which I'm sure they'll milk the fuck out of in his introduction package.

Albert Duraev Vs Caio Bittencourt should be a gimme for Duraev. He's a former ACA champion and although he's been inactive while struggling to get fights since leaving ACA, Bittencourt hasn't fought in the same amount of time. Duraev by first round KO is my pick here.

Lukasz Brzeski Vs Dylan Potter is interesting as Potter is taking it on short notice and fighting above his natural LHW weight division, however he's fought at HW before and has won at the weight and I think he's a significantly tougher challenge than original opponent Lorenzo Hood. Brzeski isn't massive for the weight either. I think this one could be a bit of a slugfest. I'll go with Lukasz by KO in the 2nd.

Jack Della Madallena Vs Ange Loosa is two dudes who come to bang. Loosa seems to fade a bit quicker than Jack and I can see Jack overwhelming him though. Going Jack by KO in the 2nd as Loosa starts to tire.

Jasmine Jasudavicius Vs Julia Polastri should be a close one. Jasmine is the more natural Flyweight as Polastri has primarily fought at Strawweight up to this point, however I don't expect her to give a fuck about that as she's super aggressive and Jasmine can sometimes be a bit cautious which I think might cost here here. I'm taking Polastri by third round TKO due to relentless aggression.

I'll go with the 6 winners all getting contracts, I think there are some great additions to the roster this week with Jailton and Duraev being ready to fight ranked opposition immediately imo.

Squeaky bum time in the Bubzeh household as I’ve placed a very large 10 pound sterling bet on the Mo Show to win in under 1.5 rounds and Albert to be victorious over Caio.

Squeaky bum time in the Bubzeh household as I’ve placed a very large 10 pound sterling bet on the Mo Show to win in under 1.5 rounds and Albert to be victorious over Caio.

May the JBG be in your favour.

I also have money on those people. Jailton and Polastri too.

May the JBG be in your favour.

I also have money on those people. Jailton and Polastri too.

Got to be in it to win it.

I bottled adding Polastri to the bet purely because of the height difference but I’m sure she’ll come good for you. Both are talented athletes though.

Gotta make sure I'm back in by 8 t'night ta catch this...

1bOdMry.gif

78722-2471714.png

Think I only have Tap history picks on like 2 guys tho.

Fun fun!
That dicesion thought ,
mess up the symmetry , L☻L !

What's the point of Dana being on this show anymore, other than to sit ringside and make faces?

It's already been well established: you win, you're in. Sometimes you don't even have to win on DWCS to get a UFC contract. And a lot of people that didn't picked on past seasons got brought in as late replacements. Even a guy that lost got a contract at the end of the show.

Do the winners really need to all sit there in a row anxiously waiting for the Big Tomato to come back with his piece of paper and go "okay kid, you're in." And we don't need to see a second interview with Laura Sanko either, I don't care how hot she looks.

Once the fight is over, Dana should just congratulate the winner via Skype and send over the contract. Just his big fat head on the jumbo screen like the Wizard of Oz. That's it, the end.

What are the “let me bang” fights on this card? I gotta admit I’ve heard of none of these 12 fighters but I’ll be tuned in from start to finish

Back