International Dutch documentary on Saudi Arabia. Pretty good.

Have to rewatch it as I can't recall if he touched on that.

Will add some more summaries tomorrow. Didn't want to make a summary of the whole doc in the O.P. because ain't no one gona read a huge wall of text.

I honestly would have, your cliffs are pretty detailed.

Now I'll just have to wonder for eternity what the rest of the video is about.

Never been a fan of films/docs where you have to read the entire time. Of course, I dont mind reading the odd lines, especially in a war movie or a mafia flick, but sitting there reading a movie or documentary the entire time is just irritating to me.

Never been a fan of films/docs where you have to read the entire time. Of course, I dont mind reading the odd lines, especially in a war movie or a mafia flick, but sitting there reading a movie or documentary the entire time is just irritating to me.
It's not all subtitles. The guy speaks English most of the time. It's worth a watch.

My post #56 starts to touch on the poverty issue. I've only summarised a portion of it. Will try to finish the rest tomorrow. I've provided a time-stamp for when the video starts on the subject, if you are interested in just watching that segment.

This was a fantastic documentary. Thank you for sharing @MicroBrew. People need to be exposed to this type of content. Respect to the interviewer, although I felt some nerves for the interviewees with some of those questions. I'm surprised how much he was able to capture and how forthcoming most people were. I will have to check out more from that channel.

Compare such documentaries to what the mainstream news media in America puts out. It's why I haven't watched TV in years; far better content on YouTube.

Compare such documentaries to what the mainstream news media in America puts out. It's why I haven't watched TV in years; far better content on YouTube.

I agree completely. I think most people dismiss YouTube as just people in their kitchens with low quality production, but I watch it almost exclusively. The amount of great history channels are staggering (which is my favorite genre on the platform). I've been watching a lot of engineering channels lately on big interesting projects around the world. And it's nice to see great nature content now that Discover would rather show car auctions than Nature shows. So it's always nice to find a great new channel like the one you posted.

I agree completely. I think most people dismiss YouTube as just people in their kitchens with low quality production, but I watch it almost exclusively. The amount of great history channels are staggering (which is my favorite genre on the platform). I've been watching a lot of engineering channels lately on big interesting projects around the world. And it's nice to see great nature content now that Discover would rather show car auctions than Nature shows. So it's always nice to find a great new channel like the one you posted.
Nature, science (construction, machinery and anything transportation related), and random documentaries are my jam. The TV is on when I'm doing work related stuff or communicating as that shit is just fast food, but I tend to pay attention to stuff like the vid in the OP. Wouldn't even have a TV subscription if it was just up to me as there's superior content online.

Last edited:
The entire point was to get off my dick and go do you.. Don't get to occupied with me or my affairs
I'll "get off your dick" when you stop quoting me. Deal? As long as you instigate I'll keep embarrassing you.

I don't necessarily agree with that stuff but calling us cancer for things like that seems a bit harsh to me. Like I said Orthodox Jews have similar norms but I rarely see anyone that bothered by their doing virtually the same thing.

Not sure why you can't answer the relatively simple questions I ask. If a Muslim dude called Judaism cancer, would you give him the benefit of the doubt or assume he's antisemitic? When you say the cancer of Islam spreads, what are you referring to? The texts, sites of worship, or the adherents?

Oh man, what a weak sauce reply. Being denied service and employment isn't merely a pain in the ass and that's the kind of thing Muslims have to deal with because of the kind of secularism you support which reins in places like France. And it wasn't random strangers who were critical of my beard and other habits, it was my family and friends most of all. Lots of pressure to get rid of the beard as well as other religious habits I tried to form. But please continue to tell me what its like to be Muslim.

Didn’t you just accuse me of supporting Hungarian genocide because I called Hungarians uncivilized? Lol. @Khabib Khanate

Once again a flat out lie. Words; what are they and how do they work?
What did TS ever do to you guys? Can we not do this in every thread?

@Khabib Khanate you’re a mod bro. Don’t go derailing threads please. The discussions about Saudi Arabia specifically are enlightening and interesting. Pissing matches about Islam in general really are not.

Just my opinion, respectfully. This can be an interesting thread speaking as someone who wants to catch this documentary when I have time.

What did TS ever do to you guys? Can we not do this in every thread?

@Khabib Khanate you’re a mod bro. Don’t go derailing threads please. The discussions about Saudi Arabia specifically are enlightening and interesting. Pissing matches about Islam in general really are not.

Just my opinion, respectfully. This can be an interesting thread speaking as someone who wants to catch this documentary when I have time.
I'll drop it, but ask him to quote me calling Muslims cancer as he's outright stated a few times. The guy is completely full of shit when it comes to Islam. And with all respect, I will not drop it when people outright lie about me. Fuck that. And they both demonstrably lying in both their posts you quoted as is usual.

Sorry @MicroBrew but I won't tuck tail and take any bullshit flung at me.

Edit: and just to be clear, I've stopped engaging him several times yet he tags me to talk shit or replies to me then goes on with his usual "what happened to the silent treatment" line. So what should I do? Sit and take the slander? Nope, not gonna happen.

Last edited:
In all seriousness I think people way overestimate the extent that the Saudis buy influence. Yeah they fund religious institutions around the world but they probably spread their values further with their immigration policy where Muslims absorb their values while over there and then bring them back. I know of two girls who spent some years there and both came back wearing hijab.

If you want to beat the Saudis at that game then the West would have to establish a similar immigration system which is temporary and has no path to citizenship and then expand the scale of immigration to the West so you have more folks coming here, absorbing democratic values, and then taking those back home. But of course those with the most anxiety over Saudi influence are also those who are most against taking in more Muslim immigrants so I see that as unlikely.
It's a good idea, but I would say this already exists with student visas. When I lived in Fort Lauderdale, our local economy benefited greatly from Saudi students, many of whom were wealthy. I'd say the largest contingent came from Saudi Arabia. But also Germany, Switzerland, South Korea, Brazil, etc.

Their government pays for them to come and our government gladly accepts them since it's mutually beneficial. I even made some money myself hosting some girls from Germany and Belgium. A lot of people in my condo complex and in the area overall made money that way. One thing I will say is that there was a big gender disparity depending on country of origin. The Saudi contingent was essentially all male while the Euro contingent skewed female. That's not necessarily a value judgment, just an observation.

As the vast majority of us here are interested in culture and politics, I think you all should watch this documentary posted on August 21st 2021. It's not gritty hard hitting like some VICE docs but at the same time it is not a fluff piece either.

The German reporter - who may be of MENA ethnicity - talks to average Saudis. He doesn't shy away from asking some uncomfortable questions.

This is a very good YT channel, with lots of documentaries on Saudi Arabia and other places.

------

I'll try to give a brief synopsis of the first 17mins of this 44minute documentary.

- Starts off mentioning the war in Yemen and contrasting the peacefull life in Saudi Arabia.

- He visits the annual Riyadh festival. He chats with a Filipino maid and some locals. He points out that the religious police (the Mutawa) tries to get people to attend prayers but not everyone supports them.

- He chats with a Apache gunship pilot and sits in the cockpit of the Apache. He asks the Saudi pilot if he fought in Yemen.

--

Dialog with Shura council member. The Shura council is the consultative body that the King can consult, but can ignore.

- Reporter asks the Shura member if it is possible to choose members (i.e. the people voting them in).

The Shura member: "You know you shouldn't deal with us here like we in Europe, we need time to develop the way of thinking , then you we can talk about election"

Reporter :
But let me say they could be elected, what type of people will be in the Shura then?

Shura member: It will be tribal people , because we tribal traditon is very strong here in Saudi Arabia.

Reporter: very consevative people also ? .

Shura member: Conservative people, I mean the extremists, extremist peoples and their ideas. This kinds of people will dominate.

NOTE:
It *might* be that the Shura member is opposed to elections and says extremists will be elected so that the West does not pressure Saudi to liberalize and give the masses a voice, which would threaten MBS's rule. Or he could be right, that the public will vote in religious conservatives.

- Reporter then talks with a female Shura member. The female Shura member also questions the value of free elections.

----

- Reporter then travels to Asir province, a deeply conservative region . Reporter states the 9-11 hijackers came from this region. It is a rugged mountainous area and poor.

- Reporter visits the market, where farmers sell their goods. He mentions that all the women wear the Niqab, (the full face veil) , while the region he came from some women wore it and some didn't.

- Reporter talks with an elder Abha town resident: The man speaks about how the people haven't changed at all, only now they have money to build big houses. He mentions there aren't any foreigners from India and Pakistan, like Jeddah, Mecca and Taif. Asir is not like those other Saudi cities.

- The reporter asks what if the King wants to change things, to which the man responds: No nothing changes, Asir holds on to her identity and tribal traditions. The reporter states that in that area Tribes make the law and it is difficult for the Saudi government to push reforms.

- The elderly man states that the people will accept change as long as it does not infringe on the religon and the State. Reporter then asks what happens if you go against the government, to which the man says it is dangerous. The most important thing is to not infringe on the Saudi entity, other than that you are free.

It sounds like the host is speaking Dutch and his accent in English also sounds more Dutch than German.

I'll drop it, but ask him to quote me calling Muslims cancer as he's outright stated a few times. The guy is completely full of shit when it comes to Islam. And with all respect, I will not drop it when people outright lie about me. Fuck that. And they both demonstrably lying in both their posts you quoted as is usual.

Edit: and just to be clear, I've stopped engaging him several times yet he tags me to talk shit or replies to me then goes on with his usual "what happened to the silent treatment" line. So what should I do? Sit and take the slander? Nope, not gonna happen.
Calm down cupcake. Here’s a life lesson for you, if you engage with people respectfully they will engage with you respectfully. You’re one of the many Muslim hating Hungarians and you’re proud of that, ok we get it, but you shouldn’t expect others to take your insults if you’re not willing take it as well. You’ve said some very vile things, this is a fact not an opinion. You have no right to act high and mighty. Try to do better next time champ. With that, I’ll drop this.

It's a good idea, but I would say this already exists with student visas. When I lived in Fort Lauderdale, our local economy benefited greatly from Saudi students, many of whom were wealthy. I'd say the largest contingent came from Saudi Arabia. But also Germany, Switzerland, South Korea, Brazil, etc.

Their government pays for them to come and our government gladly accepts them since it's mutually beneficial. I even made some money myself hosting some girls from Germany and Belgium. A lot of people in my condo complex and in the area overall made money that way. One thing I will say is that there was a big gender disparity depending on country of origin. The Saudi contingent was essentially all male while the Euro contingent skewed female. That's not necessarily a value judgment, just an observation.
The gulf students where I went to college all had fancy cars and nice apartments thanks to their governments, especially the Kuwaitis. So yeah foreign students are really a win-win, they bring tons of money in, they take back skills and friendships. One of the tragedies of the Trump years is the atmosphere of hostility that was created for foreigners in general, many folks that would’ve done their schooling here went to UK and Canada instead. Damn shame.

No worries. I am not bothered by the convo going off on a tangent.

Calm down cupcake. Here’s a life lesson for you, if you engage with people respectfully they will engage with you respectfully. You’re one of the many Muslim hating Hungarians and you’re proud of that, ok we get it, but you shouldn’t expect others to take your insults if you’re not willing take it as well. You’ve said some very vile things, this is a fact not an opinion. You have no right to act high and mighty. Try to do better next time champ. With that, I’ll drop this.
Lying yet again. Why? Because that's all you got. Wuote those "very vile things" so everyone can shame me. Or tuck tail like when you accused Madmick of the same, but shut your mouth when given the opportunity.

You are not your faith and your faith isn't above reproach.

Telling the truth about Islam isn't an insult nor is it vile. Islam is an intolerant, conservative misogynistic mess. Plenty of relevant examples in the video of this. Wherever it goes it kills off the local ideology. Live with your truth, cupcake.

- You've stated that most Muslims want Sharia law, but we don't know what Sharia law actually is. Irrelevant as it's based in religous doctrine. And that's not compatible with secular western ideas. The video touches on that.
- You said "can't wait until Islam comes to Hungary to civilize you guys". Just a joke, bruh.. whatever. It shows your mindset that it's the only way, should one just scratch below the surface. Some places in this world will only accept Islam if you kill everyone. History has shown this.
- You result to outright lies in an effort to defend what most of us see as indefensible. Such as I hate Muslims. My uncle was a card carrying member of The Party and we had to sneak out of Hungary as he would have ratted us out had he known. We all loved my uncle but his ideology saw him be a close minded idiot who would have chosen the religion of the state over his family. Communism sucks. My uncle wasn't his faith and his faith wasn't above reproach. And Islam is as intolerant and all encompassing as state Communism. How many Muslims must escape the faith in silence or face severe repressions? Same shit. I've seen this movie before. Many of us have.

So you have nothing but lies and deflection in order to defend the indefensible. How's this? Instead of lying maybe try insulting like your sidekick in the other thread. At least calling all Hungarian women "cumdumpsters" has a little basis in truth as those women have and practice their sexual freedoms. Of course you find that revolting, so you insult it, but at least it's based on something. Unlike the "you hate Muslims" bullshit you try in order to gain sympathy.

Cool. It's all the same conversation after all. The fact that the only effective tools they can wield is dishonesty is telling in and of itself.

- You said "can't wait until Islam comes to Hungary to civilize you guys". Just a joke, bruh.. whatever. It shows your mindset that it's the only way, should one just scratch below the surface. Some places in this world will only accept Islam if you kill everyone. History has shown this.
Don't you see how its a little hypocritical to make a leap like this but then clutch your pearls when people assume you don't like Muslims when you compare Islam to cancer and an invasive species? You're not extending to him the same benefit of the doubt you expect yourself. Certainly nowhere near the benefit of the doubt you extended to sweede when he was openly calling for the violent ethnic cleansing of Muslims from Europe.

Why would I assume that he necessarily intends some kind of genocide here? That's you reading a lot into his post. Of course its still a gross post on its own, any reference to "we gon civilize you" is gross but that's hardly unique to him. You yourself called Saudi primitives ITT, does that mean you want to genocide them because historically great powers have committed genocide against so called primitive peoples? That's the kind of leap you're making here and it'd be unfair to you to assume that just as you're being unfair here to him. If you're talking about "scratching beneath the surface" it doesn't take much scratching to get to the logical conclusion of comparing Islam to cancer and an invasive species. Do you know anyone who believes in coexisting with moderate cancer? What are laws around invasive species like? You invite these conclusions with the analogy itself.

I don't think I've ever accused MicroBrew of being anti-Muslim despite the fact that he is one of the most consistent critics of Islam. That's because he doesn't carry water for anti-Muslim fanatics(in fact he's deeply critical of them) and he doesn't compare Islam to cancer or an invasive species because he's well aware of how problematic such analogies are and how people would naturally interpret them.

MicroBrew ITT:
200w.gif

Don't you see how its a little hypocritical to make a leap like this but then clutch your pearls when people assume you don't like Muslims when you compare Islam to cancer and an invasive species? You're not extending to him the same benefit of the doubt you expect yourself. Certainly nowhere near the benefit of the doubt you extended to sweede when he was openly calling for the violent ethnic cleansing of Muslims from Europe.

Why would I assume that he necessarily intends some kind of genocide here? That's you reading a lot into his post. Of course its still a gross post on its own, any reference to "we gon civilize you" is gross but that's hardly unique to him. You yourself called Saudi primitives ITT, does that mean you want to genocide them because historically great powers have committed genocide against so called primitive peoples? That's the kind of leap you're making here and it'd be unfair to you to assume that just as you're being unfair here to him. If you're talking about "scratching beneath the surface" it doesn't take much scratching to get to the logical conclusion of comparing Islam to cancer and an invasive species. Do you know anyone who believes in coexisting with moderate cancer? What are laws around invasive species like? You invite these conclusions with the analogy itself.

I don't think I've ever accused MicroBrew of being anti-Muslim despite the fact that he is one of the most consistent critics of Islam. That's because he doesn't carry water for anti-Muslim fanatics(in fact he's deeply critical of them) and he doesn't compare Islam to cancer or an invasive species because he's well aware of how problematic such analogies are and how people would naturally interpret them.
Of course it's a horse shit. I'm using your tactics against you after all. Like when you implied calling Islam an invasive species a call for ethnic cleansing, right? Or when you said "dude calls us cancer" when I said "the conservative cancer that is Islam". A leap in logic at the very least, right? Sucks, right? Listen, you don't think much of secularism or women's rights, as evidenced by calling women who fuck who they want when they want "cumdumpsters" but you don't see me lying about your stances, right? Besides, if that guy bothered to quote my post my meaning would be clear. Here it is:

If you think saying "Islam sucks" or calling a pedophile warlord a pedophile warlord is on the same level as you hoping for genocide (that's what it would take for Islam to "civilize" Hungary) then it just illustrates how compromised your thinking is.

How's this? I can't wait until liberalism civilizes Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. What would that take?

Yeah, utter shite post, but exactly the same MO as you're using. Ain't this fun?

Now, what else you got? Hopefully no more lies and selective editing. Do better.

Back