Dustin Poirier vs Tony Ferguson

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Imagine if this fight got booked, what a fight... This should be the interim title fight and if I'd love to watch it if Max pulls out for some reason. It wasn't going to happen as an original plan considering drawing power but cmon, thats a just bleed fight. Who do you got winning if it ends up happening down the road?

I feel dustin would trouble ferguson but eventually crumble with fergusons pace and get ko-ed eventually. Its actually hard to pick though, Poirier has fast hands, grappling skills, and a lot of heart. On the other hand, he did get knocked out cold by Michael Johnson a while back

Either guy is a mm away from being starched in that one. I love it

Poirer
Poirer has enough skill on the mat to not have to worthy about getting submitted after he drops Ferguson which in that fight Is almost guaranteed
Poirer by tko or submission

Either guy is a mm away from being starched in that one. I love it
Ferguson always looks like he's a mm away from being starched but somehow he always pulls some crazy moves. He's durable as fuck.

giphy.gif

Ferguson vs Poirier would definitely be an entertaining just bleed fight

Imagine if this fight got booked, what a fight... This should be the interim title fight and if I'd love to watch it if Max pulls out for some reason. It wasn't going to happen as an original plan considering drawing power but cmon, thats a just bleed fight. Who do you got winning if it ends up happening down the road?

I feel dustin would trouble ferguson but eventually crumble with fergusons pace and get ko-ed eventually. Its actually hard to pick though, Poirier has fast hands, grappling skills, and a lot of heart. On the other hand, he did get knocked out cold by Michael Johnson a while back
To be fair Ferguson got beat by Johnson aswell pretty handily.

WTF. click bait peace of shit. TS you suck.

Tony would break Dustin.

Tony woud end up doing bad things to the guy.

Ferguson always looks like he's a mm away from being starched but somehow he always pulls some crazy moves. He's durable as fuck.

giphy.gif

Ferguson vs Poirier would definitely be an entertaining just bleed fight
He's definitely durable but for how much longer? He's getting up there and has been getting rocked an awful lot lately.

Sherdog reallly have no respect for Dustin. He’ll show you soon enough

To be fair Ferguson got beat by Johnson aswell pretty handily.

7 years ago, fighting with a broken arm most of the fight. He's only had 11 wins in a row since then.

But yeah, it's pretty relevant to the fighter he is today...

7 years ago, fighting with a broken arm most of the fight. He's only had 11 wins in a row since then.

But yeah, it's pretty relevant to the fighter he is today...
Dustin has finished multiple former champs yet is being held back because of MJ a guy who beat Ferguson knocking him out
Neither fight is relevant

I will say just the truth here, you can like it or not but it is the truth.
Tony has shit technique, he is a can but too tenacious, impossible to ko and with endless cardio.
There are plenty fighters better than him, lando fuck him up, mcgregor could also, but he is just too resistant like the diaz and he is dangerous on the ground, the day he can't take punch like a bag and still fight he is finished.

It's Really the fight that should have been made. No disrespect to max but these guys earned LW shots. However Dustin pushed for it since he healed up and Tony wouldn't even entertain the idea so it is what it is.

Dustin has finished multiple former champs yet is being held back because of MJ a guy who beat Ferguson knocking him out
Neither fight is relevant

Dustin has a nice start to his LW career at 4-0 with 1 NC (he was on his way to losing the first Eddie fight but I don't think it matters since he finished Eddie in the rematch). I'm not here to shit on Dustin, he's improved a lot and is a really good young fighter.

Tony has won 11 in a row with 8 finishes at LW.

Reality: MJ is the last loss for each guy. But Dustin has had 5 fights since then, and Tony has had 11. MJ fought Tony FOUR AND A HALF YEARS before MJ fought Dustin. Tony lost a decision after a freak arm break from a blocked kick. Dustin got KO'd.

Dustin vs Max is a great fight, but no way in hell should there be any title on the line, fake interim belt or not. Tony is MILES ahead of either of them in the pecking order of the division (or should be) and should be fighting Khabib in the fall for the actual belt. But the UFC has decided results don't matter and the belts are all meaningless. So here we are.

Dustin has a nice start to his LW career at 4-0 with 1 NC (he was on his way to losing the first Eddie fight but I don't think it matters since he finished Eddie in the rematch). I'm not here to shit on Dustin, he's improved a lot and is a really good young fighter.

Tony has won 11 in a row with 8 finishes at LW.

Reality: MJ is the last loss for each guy. But Dustin has had 5 fights since then, and Tony has had 11. MJ fought Tony FOUR AND A HALF YEARS before MJ fought Dustin. Tony lost a decision after a freak arm break from a blocked kick. Dustin got KO'd.

Dustin vs Max is a great fight, but no way in hell should there be any title on the line, fake interim belt or not. Tony is MILES ahead of either of them in the pecking order of the division (or should be) and should be fighting Khabib in the fall for the actual belt. But the UFC has decided results don't matter and the belts are all meaningless. So here we are.
Good post. Dustin said on Helwanis show that the winner is not guaranteed a shot at Khabib, so maybe the UFC have no intention of the winner fighting Khabib and only want to use this to sell a one off PPV.

if tony kept it technical and didn't get so reckless like the RDA fight, he could easily pepper dustin at range and eventually crack his chin. can't afford to fight in boxing range with dustin and he will likely drop you at some point in the fight and tony has been prone to being dropped recently i.e. lando & pettis

Back