• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dustin Poirier turned down TUF-season against Justin Gaethje

Which TUF-season would you have preferred to see?

• Total voters
Also, at the moment Gaethje is the favorite for a potential fight against Poirier

Classic recency bias. Not to dismiss either of them, as they're both world class, but I believe Dustin had the better hands before, and today.

Frankly, though, any matchup between them, Chandler and McGroobin is always going to be a fun one.

I'm not going to watch either way but Conor will by far bring more eyeballs to TUF than Dustin or Justin.

huh, thats a bummer. Dustin doesnt seem like the type of guy who loves being in front of the cameras, so its not too surprising to me that he didnt wanna do TUF. i do hope he and Justin fight again however; with Justin's improved patience and more calculated style i think a rematch would be really fun. id still favor Poirier to win but Justin might take the W

Good. Porier's got a family. Why would someone want to be gone that long to film a stupid reality show, when they don't have the "this is my chance at a break" aspect to it to make being away worth their while?

Have him fight Gamrot or Dawson so we don't just keep recycling the same guys in the top 5

For all the people doubting the odds of Gaethje being the favourite he just beat Fiziev. Fiziev was the arguable best striker at LW and dubbed that by many.
I don't agree with him being the favourite but I think it's fair either way looking at both mens body of work.

Fuck TUF anyways. They need to change that format as far as coaches go.

The only interest I have in TUF is the resulting coach fight. I don’t believe Chandler Mcgregor eill happen so that TUF holds no interest

Classic recency bias. Not to dismiss either of them, as they're both world class, but I believe Dustin had the better hands before, and today.

Frankly, though, any matchup between them, Chandler and McGroobin is always going to be a fun one.

Yeah, it could be that. I like both guys a lot and I'd hate pick a winner and loser, but I'd have to slightly favor Gaethje too. I think their last fight was a series of great exchanges, with Gaethje getting the better of Poirier with the leg kicks. Poirier was literally hopping on his good leg right before the stupid eye poke by Gaethje. I think Gaethje lost that fight because of some bad pacing and bad fight IQ. Here's the few minutes leading up to eye poke. It looks like Poirier had a minute left in that leg if he didn't have time to rest.

timestamped at 14:13

should be an option for" TUF Sucks"

Good. Porier's got a family. Why would someone want to be gone that long to film a stupid reality show, when they don't have the "this is my chance at a break" aspect to it to make being away worth their while?

Have him fight Gamrot or Dawson so we don't just keep recycling the same guys in the top 5
Absolutely no way Poirier accepts to fight Gamrot, it doesn't do much for him. And Grant Dawson... does absolutely nothing lol

Back