Dustin Poirier future title contention?

JfPuffNStuff

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If he happens to get by Cub Swanson, does that shoot him back up the ladder? The division isn't stacked by any means. Do you guys think his move to ATT will help improve his lack of wrestling?

If he happens to get by Cub Swanson, does that shoot him back up the ladder? The division isn't stacked by any means. Do you guys think hi m

It should.

I would love to see a rematch between him and the KZ though

It would definitly help his cause but he doesn't deserve a rematch

^Swanson is getting subbed.

Koch/Lamas winner will get the titleshot.

I have to disagree this division as far as 155 and under goes is bottlenecked. Lamaz/Koch Winner I would say gets the next shot if The Diamond wins. Korean Zombie was given a shot but with his injury will probably have to get another win to accessed up the ladder. Siver also has a chance if his injury is not too severe.

Well swanson is a contender so if Dustin beats Cub then I guess he will become a contender

I have to disagree this division as far as 155 and under goes is bottlenecked. Lamaz/Koch Winner I would say gets the next shot if The Diamond wins. Korean Zombie was given a shot but with his injury will probably have to get another win to accessed up the ladder. Siver also has a chance if his injury is not too severe.

Yeah im not sure why that seems to be the general consensus. Then you have Mendes, Dias and even Elkins is on a 4 fight win streak.

Nah KZ prob has the second biggest name in the FW and UFC won't let the chance to give KZ a title shot blow just because of a injury. KZ will draw most ppv buys and UFC knows this. Don't be surprised if KZ gets a straight shot

If he beats Swanson that puts him no more than 2 wins from a title shot, IMO.

Poirier is well rounded but I don't think he's going to reach the title. He lacks power and his best asset is his subs, but his wrestling isn't great so he won't always be able to use them.

He is a great, young fighter and will obviously keep improving and be around for a long time to come. Love watching him fight just don't think he's a future champ, and I think Cub beats him.

Back