Dustin Poirier: Eddie Alvarez turned down rematch for UFC 223.

Eddie was told to stay ready in case Tony or Khabib pulled out. Why would he sign a fight that would jeopardize his ability to fill in?

If he was told to stay ready, why did he not fight instead of Ragin Al...?

Lee? Why is he even in the discussion, Poirer and Eddie are clearly more deserving than him.
I'm ok with either of those 2 getting the next title shot. Instead of having those 2 fight each other just give one of them a title shot but have the other on the same card so that if one of Khabib/Poirer/Eddie pulls out (quite likely) you still got a top contender with a full camp to plug into the main event.

Let's not get carried away here.

Poirier got the stoppage on gaethje but he didn't look impressive at all leading up to It.

Eddie is the superior fighter, by far.

His last fight was prob one of the best versions of him we've seen.

Agree to disagree. I have not been impressed by a single UFC performance I've seen from Eddie.

- Cowboy beat the crap out of him
- Won a battle of two fighters who didn't train cardio enough for Mexico city
- Humped Pettis against a cage (I thought he lost)
- Won a brawl with little to no technique shown (I'll bet on RDA 10/10)
- Conor humiliated him
- Cheated against Porier then ducked the rematch
- Won a battle of heart against Gaethje

None of those fights showed me an elite fighter at LW, it showed me the same brawler with heart that he's always been.

I'd be cleaner if they just give it to Dustin. And if Lee wins have him fight Eddie to see who the next #1 contender is.
yeah but Lee annoys the shit out of me so I'm hoping he loses I'd like the winner to fight Eddie. I just doubt if Edson beats Lee and Alvarez they will give him a titleshot without fighting another top guy. Just with Tony being out for who knows how long and Khabib not wanting to fight until November I'm sure Eddie, Kevin, Edson, & Dustin will all fight with each other to figure out the next in line.

Eddie won the fight officially he doesnt care that its from a technicality. Hes kinda 2faced, he avoided Khabib after winning the Belt, he was asked if Khabib should get the shot and he was down talking his record while himself being 2-1 with 2 split decisions, he says Porior quit that he wanted out because for him its fine to get by him on a technicality and now that Khabib is champ he is his kryptnotie hahah sure Eddie Twofacevarez
It was ruled a NC

Lucky to escape with his consciousness... Are you even capable of objective thought? The fight ended with Poirier getting brutalised. Spare us your bitter reimagining of the fight.

Getting brutalized? You mean by illegal knees? Which good strikes did eddy land? He took dustin down, looked for a lazy guillotine that was never there, then stood up and started throwing knees to a downed opponent.

Getting brutalized? You mean by illegal knees? Which good strikes did eddy land? He took dustin down, looked for a lazy guillotine that was never there, then stood up and started throwing knees to a downed opponent.

He'd already recovered and landed several hard strikes on Dustin prior to the takedown. The knees were clearly illegal but this implication that Eddie got worked is just laughable. It was a great fight and the UFC should simply push to run it back for number one contender.

Eddie is the superior fighter, by far.

That's why Eddie got absolutely destroyed by Poirier, and why Alvarez took far more brain damage against Gaethje than Poirier did. Not to mention Alvarez got his ass beat by Pettis, who Poirier completely shut down and mauled.

Just as well. After Eddie vs Cerrone and McGregor, not really eager to watch Eddie's bouts.

That's why Eddie got absolutely destroyed by Poirier, and why Alvarez took far more brain damage against Gaethje than Poirier did. Not to mention Alvarez got his ass beat by Pettis, who Poirier completely shut down and mauled.

100% wrong on pretty much everything you said. That was a back and forth fight between Poirier and Eddie, with Eddie coming on strong late before the knees, probably would have finished Poirier if not for the knees, Dustin was definitely looking for a way out and trying to play the game by keeping his hands on the mat, but Eddie didn't see them and unfortunately it was a NC instead of an eventual KO win for Eddie.

Poirier vs Pettis was back and forth, didn't dominate at all, it was a good fight with a weird ending. Pettis vs. Alvarez was clearly a win for Alvarez, but not his best win. He did what he had to exploiting the bad wrestling of Pettis.

And Eddie won every round vs Gaithje, whereas Poirier lost the 2nd and 3rd IMO.

Every time Poirier whines again about Alvarez, I lose more interest in seeing a rematch.

Back