Dunham the south paw vs Barboza's leg kicks..

Dontevenguess93

Brown Belt
Reaction score
From what I remember, Evan Dunham is the first south paw Barboza will face in the UFC. Dunham is a well rounded veteran and will be a good test to see how good Barboza currently is.

Dunham has only lost to very good fighters and certainly is no push over as some are suggesting. I missed his fight with Grant but I heard it was a barn burner and I expect this to be the same. Barboza has struggled with defense in his career, especially towards power punches but he has still only been dropped twice in his career by Varner and Cowboy, two guys who hit pretty hard. Barboza was fine with the power of guys like Njokuani, Pearson, Etim, having never been rocked by those types of guys. How do you think Dunhams punching power will stack up?

Another interesting note is that Barboza's famed right leg kick will now be hitting Dunham on the inside of his leg or knee which will make things interesting.. Dunham is certainly more experienced with Barboza being more athletic. What you guys think?

Tough fight for Barboza if Dunham is going to be all up in his grill.

no no its more like :

Dunham still nursing a rib injury vs Barboza's kicks.

From what I remember, Evan Dunham is the first south paw Barboza will face in the UFC. Dunham is a well rounded veteran and will be a good test to see how good Barboza currently is.

Dunham has only lost to very good fighters and certainly is no push over as some are suggesting. I missed his fight with Grant but I heard it was a barn burner and I expect this to be the same. Barboza has struggled with defense in his career, especially towards power punches but he has still only been dropped twice in his career by Varner and Cowboy, two guys who hit pretty hard. Barboza was fine with the power of guys like Njokuani, Pearson, Etim, having never been rocked by those types of guys. How do you think Dunhams punching power will stack up?

Another interesting note is that Barboza's famed right leg kick will now be hitting Dunham on the inside of his leg or knee which will make things interesting.. Dunham is certainly more experienced with Barboza being more athletic. What you guys think?
Pretty sure Castillo dropped barboza

no no its more like :

Dunham still nursing a rib injury vs Barboza's kicks.

What I wonder is how is he gonna practice wrestling with an injured rib. You have to assume that's his gameplan.

I would be pretty surprised if Dunham doesn't pull out of this fight. He's already pulled out against Barboza once, and he will probably aggravate his injury trying to prepare

Last edited:
Back