Dungeons & Dragons brethren... come hither.

Which Class were you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dnd is equivalent to a bunch of friends getting together to talk about nonsense and having a good time. i admit i played this with friends back in middle and early highs chool. it's okay if you're in middle or high school playing this but if you're an adult and have nothing better to do with your friends than to sit around to play an imaginary game, you guys basically have no life.
so........people who play CoD with friends scattered around the world and drink and bullshit fall into this category as well huh?

so........people who play CoD with friends scattered around the world and drink and bullshit fall into this category as well huh?
dark clouds appear out of nowhere above you and lightning strikes at your foot. a voice hovers above you saying you can't hit what you can't see followed by a sinister laugh. now what?

dnd is equivalent to a bunch of friends getting together to talk about nonsense and having a good time. i admit i played this with friends back in middle and early highs chool. it's okay if you're in middle or high school playing this but if you're an adult and have nothing better to do with your friends than to sit around to play an imaginary game, you guys basically have no life.

If you have friends who will meet you weekly to hangout, you're doing better than most.

Why shit on people's hobbies?

Hanging out online with friends across the country, getting drunk and bullshitting while playing a game, consistently over the course of a year one night a week is more of a life than some people will ever enjoy.

Last edited:
Yzmi1H.gif

Anybody watch Vox Machina on Prime yet? I'm liking it so far.

Hanging out online with friends across the country, getting drunk and bullshitting while playing a game, consistently over the course of a year one night a week is more of a life than some people will ever enjoy.

I mean we do it here on Sherdawg basically...

Least in the PBPs - I would def do a Meet Up with a # a Dawg folks to chat watch mma live and party.

Oh and I'm 54 - We play 2x a month since like 15... Basically same crew (friends) as well (now too)...

I mean we do it here on Sherdawg basically...

Least in the PBPs - I would def do a Meet Up with a # a Dawg folks to chat watch mma live and party.

Oh and I'm 54 - We play 2x a month since like 15... Basically same crew (friends) as well (now too)...

Im almost 41...me and my best bud who used to RPG back in the 90s as teens now educate some 20-30 somethings on how to Roll.

Didn't get to play last week. DM had to cancel. So bummed. Really hoping we are good to play this week. Really liking CR campaign 3. Think I'm on episode 10. VM animated is really good too.

We lost another faithful follower. Our Lvl 10 Rouge got splattered.

you sound lonely.

Finally got to do session zero for the kiddos. They both got to do specific story intros. Then got their pendants.

They were stoked.
nice! looking forward to your updates on this campaign & how they play their totally hilarious characters. do they seem excited to get started?

nice! looking forward to your updates on this campaign & how they play their totally hilarious characters. do they seem excited to get started?
They are super excited. They all like their characters and are more excited for this time since they got to make their backstories more.

Pendants are so cool. Who is playing what again?

My son, a dwarf war priest.
GFs daughter, a cat folk rogue who turns into a dog mermaid due to a cursed necklace.
GFs son, an oversized Grung warlock
GF, a Goliath fighter with amnesia

Their NPC companion for the adventure is gonna probably be an Aasimar paladin

They made some awesome ridiculous minis from hero forge for this. Haven't had a chance to paint them all up yet though.

What happened?

Party enters a large cavern in the bowels of Abbadon filled with mushrooms, some over 20ft high..

Rather than take the Neco's advice to cast then dispell a Wall of Fire to clear a path (because we all know rooms full of mushrooms in Hades can only be bad) he is out voted by the Ranger, Thief, and Monk favoring a sneak across...Trog the Half Orc Barbarian knows he can't sneak and voted "kill it with fire"

Party tries the careful sneak approach, Trog rolls a Nat 1....

.....Spore clouds, acid clouds and 2 huge fucking plant and fungus things get the drop on us, Ranger starts tripping balls, Necromancer gets burned and says "fuck it" and drops a few fireballs dealing with one of the hell spawned fungi after some well placed melee, (good rolls to hit and dmg) and Trog choppy choppy with his ax.

Trog moves and wails away on other guy, Necromancer magic missiles and Ranger can finally see what he's shooting at. Then the remaining giant plant thing blinks away from Trog and the Monk pummeling it, Trog gets his attack of opportunity hits for max dmg, Monk tries to be cute and grapple the huge creature...fails and creature blips back in next to our Rogue.

55 points of damage send our boy Najim (a Thief we recruited 1000 years ago during some time travel shennanigans) to his ancestors....

A 4 point dmg acid arrow from the Necromancer then kills the beastie....

(In character) Necromancer is kinda pissed at Monk for trying to be flashy for attempting to ride the thing as it blipped instead of finishing it off...

Loved the cartoon in the 80s.
Was one of my favorites Saturday morning.

Daijōbu arigatō sayōnara.

dungeons-dragons-80s.gif

dungeons-and-dragons-dnd.gif

venger-gif.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back