Duck Alert! Hearn Low Balls Ortiz - fight is off

He's a bigger name than Miller.
He's better than Miller.
He's fought better opposition than Miller.
Also its a short notice fight, and he's 40 years old.

Basically if you want Ortiz to come lose to your guy on short notice, you better pay him well, because that's pretty much it for his career after that.

You'd think but apparently many in here don't give a fuck about Ortiz or anyone else willing to save the event.

Stop talking such utter shit ;-), its like me saying, i have made an app, and if i dont get paid for it like Facebook execs did, then you can go fuck yourself and i wont release it....i dont care if my app is shitter....its all about percentages.......

The logic in this thread is absolutely fucking amazing

Shit analogy but what if you had an agreed fee for ur app or you could put it head to head with facebook, winner takes all?

Ortiz is still a better opponent then Miller so why low ball him especially on short notice.

It appears he was offered the same as miller, and he’d get an undeserved title shot as well. It’s a great opportunity for a lot of money, not a low ball offer. he doesn’t want the fight!

It appears he was offered the same as miller, and he’d get an undeserved title shot as well. It’s a great opportunity for a lot of money, not a low ball offer. he doesn’t want the fight!

There’s an article on boxing scene claiming he’s demanding 10m.

There’s an article on boxing scene claiming he’s demanding 10m.
I hope they meet somewhere in the middle, Ortiz is a dangerous fight, big punching southpaw, tricky late sub. Interesting stuff.

Shit analogy but what if you had an agreed fee for ur app or you could put it head to head with facebook, winner takes all?

Please show me an agreed fee that Hearn has offerred to a fighter, then reneged on....i will sit here and wait for a fucking long time.......

Old enough to remember when $ 4 000 000 was a lot of money.

It is, until you do some research on markets.

Hearn set the market price at $6.5M for a top 10 HW fighting AJ.

If Luis Ortiz, who's a top 5 HW is fighting AJ, why should he accept less than the market price?

He should at least get Miller got and Miller isn't even well known. Ortiz has at least headlined events on Showtime and is a very credible opponent.

The PBC guarantee.

That was with a particular fighter?

Please explain what you mean, i dont get involved or even look at network deals....i am talking about when a fighter was sent a contract with a figure on it(that's how employment works), and then when they have agreed....the offer was then reneged on and they were offered less than than the original amount.

If people dont like the money on the table, then go and find somewhere else to make money, dont be a fucking whore and go all social media about it, just move on.

I understand people/boxers are not happy that they dont make as much money as Joshua, but they arent fronting TV campaigns or being endorsed by lucrative market leaders.....they need to accept that...and until they do...this is going round in circles

Yeah, that's not how it works.

When Maidana fought Floyd, he earned 1.5m, then in an either bigger rematch, where he deserves more, he earned 2.5m. These are both 1m+ PPV fights, AJ v Ortiz isnt anywhere near as big. Mayweather takes a huge percentage of the PPV, evidence by his final pay check, and Maidana bumps his up a few million so it might come close to what Ortiz could ge here.

I doubt you had issues when Floyd was handing out these career high pay days.
Well you are incorrect. I want fighters to get paid proper portions. Note that Im a huge Canelo fan and said all along that Golovkin deserved a bigger slice than was originally offered.

This all of course depends on what the actual figures were, but it Ortiz was offered any less than Miller its ridiculous imo. Especially taking an ass beating on a short notice.

I want fighters to get paid proper portions.

Are you some sort of fucking boxers union rep or a fan of the sport??

I couldnt give a rats ass if any of these got paid £1 for fighting each other, imagine telling a guy like Joe Frazier, who used to hit a fucking bag tied to a tree, that he was only being paid $5m to fight for a world title...........

I doubt very much his response would have been "well how much is the other guy getting paid?"

Are you some sort of fucking boxers union rep or a fan of the sport??

I couldnt give a rats ass if any of these got paid £1 for fighting each other, imagine telling a guy like Joe Frazier, who used to hit a fucking bag tied to a tree, that he was only being paid $5m to fight for a world title...........

I doubt very much his response would have been "well how much is the other guy getting paid?"
You can want guys to get paid and also be a fan.

Prize fighters have changed from old timers, ill give you that.

Fuck if its really 4-10 i hope they can just split the difference. Id really like to see them have it out, I think its a fun matchup until AJ eventually buries him.

You can want guys to get paid and also be a fan.

Prize fighters have changed from old timers, ill give you that.

Any fighter being a fucking bitch on social media about how much they are being paid needs to take a long long hard look at themselves.

What would these guys be doing if they couldnt box?

Stop being a Unionist and talk boxing

Ortiz is still a better opponent then Miller so why low ball him especially on short notice.
We don't know what they consider a "Low Ball" offer though, so this is all pointless speculation.

Back