• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Duck Alert! Hearn Low Balls Ortiz - fight is off

This isnt the first fighter to say theyve been low balled though. Or second. Or third even.
Some of those fighters wanted 50/50 splits, which is absolutely ridiculous. I'm gonna wait for the actual amount to be said before I make judgements.

Wasn't Miller making 6.5 mil? I don't see why any replacement should get offered less since the same amount of money should be brought in from the fight. I'm guessing they're offering everyone less.

I don't even know why Miller got that amount in the first place. Good for him, but all they did was set the market price.

If Miller is worth $6.5M, and he's barely top 10, then Luis Ortiz is worth at least that amount.

They were probably trying to give Luis like $1M knowing full well he would decline that pathetic offer. Their excuse would be "Well it's 2x what you got against Wilder"... Expect circumstances were different and so was the market. Wilder got $2M for that fight. So getting $500K didn't seem so bad.

AJ is making $35M and Miller was set to make $6.5M... Luis should've gotten somewhere around that as well.

I don't even know why Miller got that amount in the first place. Good for him, but all they did was set the market price.

If Miller is worth $6.5M, and he's barely top 10, then Luis Ortiz is worth at least that amount.

They were probably trying to give Luis like $1M knowing full well he would decline that pathetic offer. Their excuse would be "Well it's 2x what you got against Wilder"... Expect circumstances were different and so was the market. Wilder got $2M for that fight. So getting $500K didn't seem so bad.

AJ is making $35M and Miller was set to make $6.5M... Luis should've gotten somewhere around that as well.
Ortiz isn't worth shit. No offense. He's a contender who has accomplished nothing in the division, like Miller, but unlike Miller didn't have the entire event promoted around him and off his name.
3 Heavyweight belts are worth a whole lot, but obviously not enough for the "boogeyman" of the division.

Ortiz isn't worth shit. No offense. He's a contender who has accomplished nothing in the division, like Miller, but unlike Miller didn't have the entire event promoted around him and off his name.
3 Heavyweight belts are worth a whole lot, but obviously not enough for the "boogeyman" of the division.
Miller has no name at all... The event is promoted around AJ, not Miller. They overpaid for Miller cause they badly wanted an opponent to fight in New York. But by doing that, they set the market.

Ortiz is a better and more credible opponent than Miller as well. Plus ranked higher.

Joshua would KO old man Ortiz in 6-7 rounds.

You can easily argue that Joshua is ducking Wilder but Ortiz? Just LOL...

This isnt the first fighter to say theyve been low balled though. Or second. Or third even.
But previously the pay was disclosed, and the majority of sane posters mocked the fucks complaining about what they were offered, as you well know.

Look, because you're fighting AJ, doesn't mean you get paid what AJ gets paid. If you beat the man, you can set your price for a rematch, but going in, AJ's got all the cards.
It has ever been thus in the world of Prize Fighting.

But previously the pay was disclosed, and the majority of sane posters mocked the fucks complaining about what they were offered, as you well know.

Look, because you're fighting AJ, doesn't mean you get paid what AJ gets paid. If you beat the man, you can set your price for a rematch, but going in, AJ's got all the cards.
It has ever been thus in the world of Prize Fighting.

No one's saying Ortiz should get paid the same as AJ... But can he at least get what Miller was offered?

I like Ortiz, but he’s not worth more than 1mill IMO, at least Miller brought an undefeated record, is a local and did a pretty good job in selling the fight at their press conference, and now with the entire card in limbo and Miller out of the picture, is Joshua even going to get his $35m?

I like Ortiz, but he’s not worth more than 1mill IMO, at least Miller brought an undefeated record, is a local and did a pretty good job in selling the fight at their press conference, and now with the entire card in limbo and Miller out of the picture, is Joshua even going to get his $35m?
The seats are sold and the DAZN money should be the same so why would AJ make less and why should he be offering less? It takes two people to put on a fight and any fight can be someone's last. He needs to make fair deals.

The seats are sold and the DAZN money should be the same so why would AJ make less and why should he be offering less? It takes two people to put on a fight and any fight can be someone's last. He needs to make fair deals.
As someone else mentioned, the fight was built around Joshua vs Miller not Joshua vs Ortiz, but if sales were good and the Dazone money is there then then good for Joshua, you cant tell me Joshua vs Ortiz would have sold like Joshua vs Miller, and besides, where else is Ortiz going to make $1m? (assuming that was the offer) anything less than that, that Jorge dude would have put it on blast

Ortiz isnt getting any younger and no one isnt really in a rush to fight him either, bad decision move if he was offered at least ?1m

Some of those fighters wanted 50/50 splits, which is absolutely ridiculous. I'm gonna wait for the actual amount to be said before I make judgements.
Agreed. Just as bad as some of the offers they tossed out to possible opponents.

As someone else mentioned, the fight was built around Joshua vs Miller not Joshua vs Ortiz, but if sales were good and the Dazone money is there then then good for Joshua, you cant tell me Joshua vs Ortiz would have sold like Joshua vs Miller, and besides, where else is Ortiz going to make $1m? (assuming that was the offer) anything less than that, that Jorge dude would have put it on blast

Ortiz isnt getting any younger and no one isnt really in a rush to fight him either, bad decision move if he was offered at least ?1m
1 fucking million to fight AJ?

Lmao.

How much is AJ fighting no one worth?

No they’ve probably offered the same 6.5m and Ortiz doesn’t want the fight!

So the day Joshua’s opponent is supposed to be announced we get Ortiz complaining how it’s not him and not his fault, what a fucking surprise.

Tell us the low ball offer or shut the fuck up and fight another nobody you whinging dickhead.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ortiz fight AJ. No fan would, I guess. That's good enough a reason for this fight not to happen.

How can I believe this guy saying he was low balled if in the same sentence he is saying Ortiz is a top 3 heavy weight???

Ortiz is clearly worth what Miller was offered, but yeah, top 3 hw, that’s some frank warren shit right there.

Why is anyone surprised that Ortiz is ducking? Reporters have been saying since Miller had his license denied that Ortiz won't take the fight.

Back