Duane Bang Redeemed?

Fugazy

You sure about that, that that’s why?
Banned
Reaction score
We know what the defeat of Barao by Dillishaw means in the immediate. The 135lb gold has switched hands and a p4p fighter has been taken down a peg. What does it mean for the people behind the new champion TJ Dillishaw, Specifically coach Duane "Bang" Ludwig?

Since TAM finally took gold under his watch does he have any pull as a coach to stay with ATM ?

Is there any reason that Bang would want to stay? Or any scenario where he could stay?

Did he show well enough in his short tenure as head of TAM to garner attention from other prominent camps?

Which camp would benefit most from him joining their team?

Duane is doing the best thing for his own future by starting his own gym. he is clearly one of the best coaches in MMA(imo) and this just raises his stock more than ever

I don't think it redeemed him because I don't think Ludwig needed to be redeemed. TAM had massive success under him regardless of them winning gold or not.

Fair enough but being let go from a place carries certain connotations. Regardless of how complimentary Faber was after the decision was made

They didn't fire him for being a bad coach, they fired him for his personal behavior/attitude.

They didn't fire him for being a bad coach, they fired him for his personal behavior/attitude.

only they didnt fire him at all, he decided he wanted to move back to Colorado and open his own gym

Would love to see Ludwig working with brazillians like Aldo, Barao and JDS. Only in my dreams though..

I think Faber & Ludwig didn't see eye to eye. His compassion for his position and his pupils obviously caught Faber off guard from what has been said. Sometimes personalities just don't match up, regardless of results. I think Ludwig's new gym will benefit substantially from the credit he has been given for the rise of TJ Dillashaw and Team Alpha Male over the last year.

Duanes Muay Thai is legit...Clearly he is great teacher/coach.

Happy to see his gym prosper after such a dominating win.

He never needed this for validity. He's only had success since he started there. Granted he had a great group of talent from the get go, but those guys were on another level once he started with them.

He was leaving to start his own gym in Colorado, regardless of the outcome. TJ already said he will still cross-train with him, and I'm sure other TAM guys will follow suit, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Ludwig is leaving because he wants to leave. He is moving back home to Colorado and starting his own training business there.

He contributed, but Urijah has a business to run so he's not going to cry and beg him to stay. Faber will find a new head coach, and it looks like that's Kampmann.

The truth is, Duane and Uriah couldn't agree on who was the alpha male.

It would be so ironic that it has to be true. QED.

Duane never needed to be redeemed. You don't need a Title to be a good coach.

What team could use him most? How about the team his guy just beat? Seriously, name me one Nova Uniao guy who is a clean, solid technical striker. They have effective strikers, but that isn't the same thing at all.

What team could use him most? How about the team his guy just beat? Seriously, name me one Nova Uniao guy who is a clean, solid technical striker. They have effective strikers, but that isn't the same thing at all.

Aldo Jr., Jose.

From everything I've read it looks like Duane left because he wanted to go from being "head trainer (i.e. employee) to "gym owner" of his OWN gym - become a Greg Jackson essentially etc

Back