Drone in the Amazon Spots a Never-Before-Seen Indigenous Tribe

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/americas/amazon-tribe-drone-intl/index.html

An isolated Amazon tribe with no known contact with the outside world has been spotted by a drone flying over the Brazilian jungle, according to the country's National Indian Foundation.

Footage released this week shows several people walking through a wide clearing made in a patch of dense jungle in the Javary River valley, near the border with Peru.

One of the figures is carrying a spear or pole of some kind, while four or five others stand near what look like thatched structures.

None of the people spotted by the drone appear to notice their observer, which is flying high above the trees surrounding them.

The foundation, known as Funai, is tasked with protecting the interests of indigenous tribes living in the Brazilian Amazon, many of whom have seen their homes devastated by colonialism and foreign diseases, as well as ongoing logging and mining operations.

"It is the only government department in the world which is dedicated to the protection of indigenous peoples who have little or no contact with national society and other tribes," according to Survival International, an NGO dedicated to tribal peoples' rights.
Hopefully, our Brazilian friends will get it right this time, and not allow their corporations that are illegally mining rivers for gold to massacre these people in true third-world shithole fashion:
Brazil: Gold Miners Bragged About Killing Uncontacted Tribe

Personally, I find the prospect of being on the first contact team, here, to be nearly as thrilling as the conceit of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Normally of course its western companies like Rio Tinto that take part in the worst destruction of native tribes in the 3rd world away from most media attention.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/americas/amazon-tribe-drone-intl/index.html

Hopefully, our Brazilian friends will get it right this time, and not allow their corporations that are illegally mining rivers for gold to massacre these people in true third-world shithole fashion:
Brazil: Gold Miners Bragged About Killing Uncontacted Tribe

Personally, I find the prospect of being on the first contact team, here, to be nearly as thrilling as the conceit of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Fuck it blows me away that there is a possibility that these people have NO IDEA about anything outside there little section of forest.

The whole fucking world is connected so surreal.

That's got to be terrible for your credit score.
income: 10 birds and a monkey per month
address: ficus virens

Probably casual mma fans, only heard of McGregor and Liddell.

Normally of course its western companies like Rio Tinto that take part in the worst destruction of native tribes in the 3rd world away from most media attention.
Brazil is in the West. If you or anyone else want to debate the nuance of this, head here, or start some thread about it in the WR:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...t-if-not-you-might-be-a-racist.3781949/page-4

I put this thread in the Berry because it's just mindblowing to me how little awareness these people might have. Like...has a plane ever passed overhead before? What did they make of that? Did it become a myth? Do they draw pictures of it?

Cue the opening scene from Into Darkness:

tenor.gif

Slow down there Richard Dreyfuss, it’s a pretty cool story, but it ain’t nearly aliens.

maxresdefault.jpg
It’s time to spread the corporate gospel to those infidels trying to hide from “progress”!

tenor.gif

Slow down there Richard Dreyfuss, it’s a pretty cool story, but it ain’t nearly aliens.
Have you thought this through?

First, they won't have bigger guns than me. Second, there's almost definitely no f**k scene at the end of any Aliens narrative that doesn't involve a probe and my anus. Meanwhile, the Brazilian tribe has that Witness taboo factor.

Have you thought this through?

First, they won't have bigger guns than me. Second, there's almost definitely no f**k scene at the end of any Aliens narrative that doesn't involve a probe and my anus. Meanwhile, the Brazilian tribe has that Witness taboo factor.

Fighting & fucking, that’s all you karate forum mods think about.

<{nope}>

Fuck it blows me away that there is a possibility that these people have NO IDEA about anything outside there little section of forest.

The whole fucking world is connected so surreal.

yea its crazy. they might as well have passed through a time machine. and i would imagine that theyre very susceptible to disease from any one of us, just as the natives were at the start of the columbian exchange.

Like...has a plane ever passed overhead before? What did they make of that? Did it become a myth? Do they draw pictures of it?
A]

surely they must have, and surely they must have incorporated it into their religion. how else could they absorb the information that there is giant flying shit out there that do not appear to be animals?

have you ever seen this on netflix?

First-Contact-Lost-Tribe-of-the-Amazon_thumb.jpg

F'ing crazy. some of this tribe end up being able to speak some spanish and such. they explain a lot of what they saw and believed while living isolated. crazy to think about.

yea its crazy. they might as well have passed through a time machine. and i would imagine that theyre very susceptible to disease from any one of us, just as the natives were at the start of the columbian exchange.

Very true the common cold would FUCK them up!!

Someone needs to bring some gospel to them folks.

Back