drinking water.

VegasFighter**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I already posted i dont drink enough of it, but i started drinking it when i was thirsty as opposed to gatorade, or green tea.

I know I should drink a ton of water.. But should I force it down, if I'm really not that thirsty?

I keep a 2l bottle in the fridge and make sure to get through it all each day. Which I do easily.

Do you not get thirsty very often or something? If not, then yeah, force yourself to drink it.

As far as I was told being thirsty is a sign of dehydration. so if you are not thirsty you shouldn't force it down. now depending on how hard you train, I always go with 16 oz of water wih each pound lost at the gym. at my body weight which is 220 right now I drink close to 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. but I am also in a dry climate. so it easier to get dehydrated.

Just to point out: the 2l a day doesn't include drinking extra during training.

A good thing to do is set a goal for drinking water like I drink 1 8 ounce glass eevry hour I am at home and then drink about a gallon at the gym sometimes a little more sometimes a little less

hell, my water intake right now, is about 32oz a day.. I fill the rest of my day up with green tea, which i usually have about 16oz a day... Thats about all i drink daily

EAGLE said:
As far as I was told being thirsty is a sign of dehydration. so if you are not thirsty you shouldn't force it down. now depending on how hard you train, I always go with 16 oz of water wih each pound lost at the gym. at my body weight which is 220 right now I drink close to 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. but I am also in a dry climate. so it easier to get dehydrated.

No. If you wait until you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. That's a problem.

Take a water bottle everywhere you go. You shouldn't have to force yourself to drink, but you will have to develop the habit of constantly sipping/drinking throughout the day. After a while, it becomes second nature.

I always keep my shaker bottle with me at work. It's 25 oz. to the top. I count how many I drink each night (3-4 at work; I target a total of 7-8 for the day- that includes my whey and accelerade mixes).

VegasFighter said:
hell, my water intake right now, is about 32oz a day.. I fill the rest of my day up with green tea, which i usually have about 16oz a day... Thats about all i drink daily

32 oz. a day? And you train? I'm surprised you're not dead.

VegasFighter said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! you are the first human to ever excrete urine dust. j/k

Madmick said:
32 oz. a day? And you train? I'm surprised you're not dead.

I agree...and he's in a dry climate, so he should be dust in the wind.

STILL LIFE said:
CONGRATULATIONS!! you are the first human to ever excrete urine dust. j/k

what does kevin spacey say in usual suspects? something about being so dehydrated as a kid his pee would come out like pudding...........

Back