dried fruit?

spiderguardman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i have some problems with controlling my candy eating, is dried fruit a good option or does it only contain sugar aswell?

Dried fruit is so much better for you than candy it's not even comparable.

It's all about the dried Philippine mango. mmmmm better than any candy. But it's soo good i tend to overdo it.

Its better, but it is still a form of concentrated sugar. Moderation is the word.

Grady said:
Its better, but it is still a form of concentrated sugar. Moderation is the word.

Exactly. Plus you tend to eat more dried fruit than regular fruit, so the sugar adds up. Still better than candy.

The store bought stuff also usually adds crap, but comparing candy to fruit isn't even viable, Urban's dead-on. If you can muster $30-40 for a food dehydrator, they're awesome, and save you tons of money in the long run- if you make this a permanent substitution.

Does the dehydrating process nullify the nutrients in the fruit?

I love dried fruit although i usually notice sometimes it has added color and sulfer dioxide added which don't sound too good...

I don't know about micronutirents.

Hey MM, how come you don't hang in the S&P anymore?I thought you were an excellent contributing member despite our personality conflicts...

PariahCarey said:
I love dried fruit although i usually notice sometimes it has added color and sulfer dioxide added which don't sound too good...

I don't know about micronutirents.

Hey MM, how come you don't hang in the S&P anymore?I thought you were an excellent contributing member despite our personality conflicts...
Just don't get on the web much.

I used to post about 4 hours a day because I had shit else to do on my 10-hour shifts at my night job, except read. Plus since I broke my wrist, I haven't been able to do anything. Talking about working out gets me depressed.

Oh, Farmboy, as far as I know, the dehydrators don't reach temperatures that would kill an micronutrients. They just remove the water.

Thanks. MM. You've always been a help around here. Too bad you actually have a life. lol

Armed'nHammered said:
It's all about the dried Philippine mango. mmmmm better than any candy. But it's soo good i tend to overdo it.
Dried mango is instantly addictive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back