Drained with no energy.....still!!

Happy Boy

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Been out of shape for a while, so 3 weeks ago started back into taking care of my diet and working out better.

Diet is the same every day.

Breakfast. Muesli, 2 boiled eggs, orange juice, coffee, 2 bananas.

Lunch. Japanese school lunch. Usually white rice and baked white fish with salad and a bottle of milk.

Dinner. Lettuce and sliced tomoatoes with 4 chicken breasts.

Snacks. Cashew nuts, kiwi fruits.

My workouts have been normal judo sessions, various exercises for about an hour with 20kg bells (they are all I have) with loads of sit ups, and 30 minutes jogs on the days Im sore.

Feel a lot better, my body is already starting to look a lot better and my body fat is disappearing with the muscles becoming prominent again. However I always remembered feeling terrible for the first week and after that feeling wonderfully energised all the time on this diet. This time Im feeling very drained and lethargic during the day.

Is it age? Im only 25, but I was between the ages of 17 and 22 the last time I took it this seriously with the diet.

Am I getting enough calories?

Is it just over load and will balance out eventually?

I did get the carb withdrawl headaches for about 3 days but they are gone, its just enerygy levels are low and Im yawning all the time until about 12.30 or 1 in the afternoon these days, despite having slept really well.

:icon_neut

Been out of shape for a while, so 3 weeks ago started back into taking care of my diet and working out better.

Diet is the same every day.

Breakfast. Muesli, 2 boiled eggs, orange juice, coffee, 2 bananas.

Lunch. Japanese school lunch. Usually white rice and baked white fish with salad and a bottle of milk.

Dinner. Lettuce and sliced tomoatoes with 4 chicken breasts.

Snacks. Cashew nuts, kiwi fruits.

My workouts have been normal judo sessions, various exercises for about an hour with 20kg bells (they are all I have) with loads of sit ups, and 30 minutes jogs on the days Im sore.

Feel a lot better, my body is already starting to look a lot better and my body fat is disappearing with the muscles becoming prominent again. However I always remembered feeling terrible for the first week and after that feeling wonderfully energised all the time on this diet. This time Im feeling very drained and lethargic during the day.

Is it age? Im only 25, but I was between the ages of 17 and 22 the last time I took it this seriously with the diet.

Am I getting enough calories?

Is it just over load and will balance out eventually?

I did get the carb withdrawl headaches for about 3 days but they are gone, its just enerygy levels are low and Im yawning all the time until about 12.30 or 1 in the afternoon these days, despite having slept really well.

:icon_neut

Well I would have no energy either if I had your diet. You are 25, active, and that is all you are eating? You should add two more small meals. Eat whole grains and vegetables particularly leafy greens. Switch the white rice with brown rice. You need more complex carbs thats why you have no energy.

Well I would have no energy either if I had your diet. You are 25, active, and that is all you are eating? You should add two more small meals. Eat whole grains and vegetables particularly leafy greens. Switch the white rice with brown rice. You need more complex carbs thats why you have no energy.

I make broccoli soup too and have a big serving of that before dinner. Forgot to add that.

But yeah other than that thats all.

Not enough food? Ive never been good on the dieting side, what are examples of complex carbs? Oatmeal and the like. The ones I avoid when Im getting in shapre are bread, pasta, potatoes, and I cut waaay back on rice. I dont eat after 7.30 at night either.

Whats curious is though that I never got this before. I had this exact diet every day for about 4 months coming up to a tournament before and I was in great shape, single digits body fat and all the energy in the world. Does a few years make that much difference?

I make broccoli soup too and have a big serving of that before dinner. Forgot to add that.

But yeah other than that thats all.

Not enough food? Ive never been good on the dieting side, what are examples of complex carbs? Oatmeal and the like. The ones I avoid when Im getting in shapre are bread, pasta, potatoes, and I cut waaay back on rice. I dont eat after 7.30 at night either.

Whats curious is though that I never got this before. I had this exact diet every day for about 4 months coming up to a tournament before and I was in great shape, single digits body fat and all the energy in the world. Does a few years make that much difference?

Welcome to being 1/4 of a century!

White rice old man is not good. Its effectively devoid of any nutrients and is effectively a few baby steps away from sugar.
Pasta is better for you then rice, qhite especially.
Look up quinoa.

Like the man above said, not enough carbs.
Bigger breakfast, eat at 3 hour intervals (although breakfast should keep you full for 4-6 hours, god knows it does me) and lower food intake throughout the day.
Eat almonds, good for energy levels

Eat some cottege cheese or something after 7.30. When's your last training session?
I stop eating at 4-5, teach and train 6.30-9.00, don't get home until 10 earliest so have to eat something.
I should be training at 7.20am, but its hard to get up at the mo :icon_cry2

Back