Dragonlord's 2017 Movie Guide / Your Most Anticipated Films of 2017

(Multiple Votes) What Movies Are You Most Looking Forward in 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DOWNSIZING

Release Date: December 22, 2017

Genre: Comedy

Director: Alexander Payne (The Descendants, Sideways, Election)

Cast: Matt Damon, Christoph Waltz, Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis, Alec Baldwin, Neil Patrick Harris, Maribeth Monroe, Don Lake, and Margo Martindale

Synopsis: "Downsizing" follows a kindly occupational therapist who undergoes a new procedure to be shrunken to four inches tall so that he and his wife can help save the planet and afford a nice lifestyle at the same time.

(No trailer released yet)

THE GREATEST SHOWMAN

Release Date: December 25, 2017

Genre: Biographical Musical Drama

Director: Michael Gracey (feature film directorial debut)

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Fredric Lehne, and Jamie Jackson

Synopsis: The Greatest Showman is an original musical inspired by the life of P.T. Barnum, starring Hugh Jackman. Barnum was a visionary who rose from nothing to create the "Greatest Show on Earth," a spectacle and celebration of his larger-than-life imagination that captivated audiences around the globe.

OKJA **Interested**

NEkaa48uqeKLnk_1_b.jpg

No release date yet.

Genre: Sci-Fi Drama Adventure

Director: Bong Joon-ho (Snowpiercer, The Host, Memories of Murder)

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Lily Collins, Tilda Swinton, Paul Dano, Steven Yeun, Shirley Henderson, Devon Bostick, and Giancarlo Esposito

Synopsis: A young girl named Mija risks everything to prevent a powerful, multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend - a massive animal named Okja.

Thread is now open.

Happy new year, everybody. <cheer>

Not sure. Logan, Guardians of the Galaxy and Ragnorok are all at the top of my list. I'm not sure which is #1 though.

Happy New Year, Dragon!

Ghost in the Shell, Thor, Spider-Man, GotG v2, Logan, and Star Wars VIII

Not in that order, but those are my picks.

A DOG'S PURPOSE

Release Date: January 27, 2017

Genre: Family Drama

Director: Lasse Hallström (Hachi: A Dog's Tale, The Cider House Rules)

Cast: Dennis Quaid, Britt Robertson, Josh Gad, K.J. Apa, John Ortiz, Peggy Lipton, and Juliet Rylance

Synopsis: Based on the beloved bestselling novel by W. Bruce Cameron, A Dog’s Purpose shares the soulful and surprising story of one devoted dog (voiced by Josh Gad) who finds the meaning of his own existence through the lives of the humans he teaches to laugh and love.

Nope. No more dog family dramas for me. I ain't going down that Marley and me road again.

Star Wars VIII, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Wonder Woman are my top 5 at the moment.

My Top 20 Most Anticipated Films of 2017

1. Kong: Skull Island – Love the giant monster genre and the two trailers that have been released so far have been terrific. Can’t wait to see how this will lead to Kong vs. Godzilla in 2020.

2. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – Ah, the sequel to ‘Movie Nobody Cares About Except Me.’ Director Matthew Vaughn and the cast are back and that’s good enough for me. Also, this is the first time Vaughn is directing a sequel to one of his movies.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – Sequel seems to have twice as fun with the addition of Ego the Living Planet (Kurt Russell), new team members like Mantis and of course the absolutely adorable Baby Groot.

4. Logan – Trailer sold me which by the way is my favorite trailer I’ve seen this year. Hugh Jackman’s supposedly last appearance as Wolverine promises to be dramatic and emotional.

5. John Wick: Chapter 2 – Yeah, I think he’s back. Chapter 2 promises more gun-fu ballet action, new interesting, sinister characters and explore the rich and fascinating underworld of assassins.

6. Justice League

7. Wonder Woman

8. Blade Runner 2049

9. Star Wars: Episode VIII

10. Alien: Covenant

11. Thor: Ragnarok

12. Ghost in the Shell

13. Spider-Man: Homecoming

14. War for the Planet of the Apes

15. The Dark Tower

16. Power Rangers

17. The Fate of the Furious

18. The Mummy

19. Dunkirk

20. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Others:

Sleepless, Split, xXx: Return of Xander Cage, The Space Between Us, The LEGO Batman Movie, The Great Wall, A Cure for Wellness, Patient Zero, T2 Trainspotting, The Wall, The Belko Experiment, Free Fire, CHiPs, Life, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Baywatch, Dunkirk, Coldest City, Baby Driver, It, American Made, The Snowman, God Particle, Murder on the Orient Express, Jumanji, The Six Billion Dollar Man

Blade Runner and The Dark Tower off this list I guess.

I'm not particularly crazy about them tho. Hollywood has really been shitty lately.

Tremendous work putting not only this beast together but everything else @Dragonlordxxxxx

Much appreciated

As a Friday the 13th fan and Jason fanboy, I can't wait to see them shit all over him again.

I CAN'T WAIT!

I did not realize there were so many movies that I wanted to see that are coming out this year.

The Dark Tower is going to be a steaming pile of shit.

1. Logan
2. John Wick II
3. Patient Zero
4. Get Out
5. Trainspotting II

Blade Runner 2049 - A MUST see for me (Lord willing)

1. Logan
2. John Wick II
3. Patient Zero
4. Get Out
5. Trainspotting II

Blade Runner 2049 - A MUST see for me (Lord willing)

I really hope Blade Runner 2049 is good. I really want to enjoy that one.

I wish they would have had the stones to do a faithful adaption of the first book. I want to watch Roland be the evilest bastard on the screen next to the Man in Black.

I want to see if DC's new offerings manage to turn it around. I'm a fan of the characters and hope they do well, but I am not at all confident.

But over all, there's nothing coming up that really grabs me and has me on the edge of my seat in anticipation to go see.

My own top 10 most anticipated list for 2017:

1. Star Wars EP. 8
2. Alien Covenant
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
4. The Mummy (when they get to the Wolfman I will die)
5. Logan
6. Dunkirk
7. Kong Skull Island
8. Thor: Ragnarok
9. Ghost in the Shell
10. Murder on the Orient Express

Guilty pleasures: (I know what they are but I enjoy them like fast food)
The new Underworld and new Resident Evil movies.

My own top 10 most anticipated list for 2017:

1. Star Wars EP. 8
2. Alien Covenant
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
4. The Mummy (when they get to the Wolfman I will die)
5. Logan
6. Dunkirk
7. Kong Skull Island
8. Thor: Ragnarok
9. Ghost in the Shell
10. Murder on the Orient Express

Guilty pleasures: (I know what they are but I enjoy them like fast food)
The new Underworld and new Resident Evil movies.

@BC @Myrddin Wyllt @PureLite @Dragonlordxxxxx
Out of all of those it's Star Wars and guardians of the galaxy. I'd say ghost in the shell as well, but I haven't seen the anime version (was going to watch it), but I'm thinking of waiting for the film instead. Good list bro!

Back