Draculino - Training in Brazil for his upcoming StrikeForce Fight.

Draculino was calm as hell in that water n the other guy bugged out lol

What's the point of the rope thing where you wave one with both hands?

No disrespect, but I didn't think it looked too good.

video was cool, but that was the UFC music...

He should have been doing this 10 years earlier, he would have been incredible.

We use a lot of the same apparatus and drills at our gym. Brutal workout.

What people commenting negatively don't understand is that (if it is anything like our workout,) they are doing this after training striking and grappling for hours.

This is the type of brutal conditioning designed to bring you physically and mentally to your breaking point.

It's hard to assess whether he is doing well or poorly since he is pushing himslef to the point of exhaustion. One thing that is certain: he is working hard.

That ice bath looked rather .... ummm .... cold.

How long are you supposed to be in it?

What's the point of the rope thing where you wave one with both hands?

Rope undulation workouts will kick your ass.
Works cardio and builds a strong core at the same time. Simple but brutally effective.

what did not look good about it? it was a lot of conditioning work. i thought the exercises were great and he looked good out there. i'm sure he was tired as hell in the video.

i could have done without the music though.

We use a lot of the same apparatus and drills at our gym. Brutal workout.

What people commenting negatively don't understand is that (if it is anything like our workout,) they are doing this after training striking and grappling for hours.

This is the type of brutal conditioning designed to bring you physically and mentally to your breaking point.

It's hard to assess whether he is doing well or poorly since he is pushing himslef to the point of exhaustion. One thing that is certain: he is working hard.

Yeah, this was after an entire day of striking and grappling at Gracie Barra BH, your talking about rolling at a place that is 80% black belts, and most are champions. And then doing this work out.

what did not look good about it? it was a lot of conditioning work. i thought the exercises were great and he looked good out there. i'm sure he was tired as hell in the video.

i could have done without the music though.

All the videos have music like this..some guy at Dracs school made it, not just for him but all the guys like TiTi has one too I saw.

Training like a pro! Glad to see he's taking this seriously. Someone with his experience and his position, well let's just say that not many people would put themselves through this training.

Training like a pro! Glad to see he's taking this seriously. Someone with his experience and his position, well let's just say that not many people would put themselves through this training.

Yeah, not to mention he is doing all this while teaching seminars all over and running his school here in Texas where he teaches 90% of the classes..including the kids classes.

I don't know who started hit the tire with a sledge hammer workout but I don't see how that is effective.

I hope he is doing a workout that is comparable to what a Boxer or Muay Thai fighter goes through. Run 10 miles at a decent pace in the morning and ten miles at night. Do a lot of push ups, dips and pull ups. Focus mitt and Thai pad workouts for 10 rounds. Spar for 12 rounds in standing and do 10 rounds on the ground. This would be better workout and more beneficial. Anybody that has done boxing or Muay Thai training knows that just doing five rounds of focus mitt training is an ass kicker. I am going for Draculino so I want him to be ready to go and beat his opponent.

I see these MMA guys do these weird workouts then gas out in the second round. You take a guy boxer like Manny Pacqiuao who could go 12 rounds at a fast pace and yet he does not do a workout routine like MMA guys do.

Also stand up fighting, especially throwing kicks, is a lot more tiring than being on the ground.

YouTube - Manny Pacquiao - Training camp.flv

Last edited:
I don't know who started hit the tire with a sledge hammer workout but I don't see how that is effective.

I hope he is doing a workout that is comparable to what a Boxer or Muay Thai fighter goes through. Run 10 miles at a decent pace in the morning and ten miles at night. Do a lot of push ups, dips and pull ups. Focus mitt and Thai pad workouts for 10 rounds. Spar for 12 rounds in standing and do 10 rounds on the ground. This would be better workout and more beneficial. Anybody that has done boxing or Muay Thai training knows that just doing five rounds of focus mitt training is an ass kicker.

The ropes, sledge, bear crawl are wrestling drills and they are incredibly useful. Of course Manny wouldn't be doing these because he wants to be as quick as possible and never has to worry about wrestling. I would hope that Drac is doing speed training as well, but these exercises have their use, particularly when it comes to cardio. Running 10 miles is great, but interval training (sprints, etc.) are more fight-relevant due to bursts and rapid escalation in the ring -- and this is coming from a former boxer.

Edit: I wonder what would be better for him in terms of order (striking with pads then grappling or vice versa). I'd think striking first would be better for his technique, but switching it would be better for his striking endurance. I suppose alternating would be a good approach.

The only guys that are going to look impressive doing those drills after a day of training are freaks like Lesnar and that's partially because the ropes, tires, sledge hammer and the person holding them back are smaller/lighter by comparison. You drop the weight of those tools by comparison to bodyweight and he does it with much less difficulty. That is exactly why this is such hard training.

LOL, I would loved to see you go roll with the guys at BH for a few hours and then do this work out. Please post it and show the world how to do it right.

Exactly

Edit: I wonder what would be better for him in terms of order (striking with pads then grappling or vice versa). I'd think striking first would be better for his technique said:
That is a good question...maybe doing both. I would say striking first then grapple. You know that pad work at a fast pace is a bitch and then add some ground sparring at a fast pace would make your muscles scream. :icon_cry2

LOL, I would loved to see you go roll with the guys at BH for a few hours and then do this work out. Please post it and show the world how to do it right.

I couldn't do 1/8 of that workout, but it's totally irrelevant.

The guy is preparing for a Strikeforce fight and having his stuff posted on public forums / the Net.

I honestly don't think that he is @ par on a conditionning level.

Strikeforce is a top 5 Org. Guys from Top 5 Orgs are usually in waaaaaaay better shape than this. That's all.

That being said, no disrespect, I will be rooting for him (although not remotely close to the extent to which you will be rooting for him), I am just being honest.

I honestly don't think that he is @ par on a conditioning level.

Strikeforce is a top 5 Org. Guys from Top 5 Orgs are usually in waaaaaaay better shape than this. That's all.

I think the point here is that you can't evaluate it and say where his conditioning is because this isn't him fresh and without having seen how strenuous his workout before was, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Example: a prime Lance Armstrong rides 300 miles and after that eats lunch and then does sprints. Looking at those sprints (and being unaware of the extent of the morning workout) maybe you're like "this guy's not an elite sprinter" ... and you would be completely wrong.

Even guys with great cardio look like shit at the end of their marathon workouts... That's WHY they have great cardio come fight time. Maybe other guys don't put their late-in-the-day workouts on the web and so the perception is that their cardio is invincible, but that doesn't speak to the reality of where they are and the only thing that matters is that reality and what happens in the cage.

In short.... you're out of your element, Donny

Back