Dr Suess... the unkillable Alpha Beta fish.

SevenSamurai

Silver Belt
Reaction score
-So originally I was going to make a thread to ask what to do about my 14 month old Beta fish who has been floating half upside down for 9 months at the top of the fish tank that refuses to actually die.

I tried everything the internet could offer except flushing poor Theo down the toilet out of compassion (reconditioning the water 10 times, changing out all of the scenery, additives, temperature, changing the food etc) I believe he originally got an infection in his swim bladder or something.

Anyways, magically this week (after I let the tank get way dirtier than it had ever been before -I mean boardline murky) Dr Suess the unkillable Beta fish comes roaring back to normal swimming around exploring his little watery wonderland. 9 months of floating pathetically around the top ended and he was suddenly ready make bubbles and get some beta lady preggers.

So Alpha....

Anybody had an experience like this?

Your fished probably just got finished watching Rocky 6, cause as we all know, it's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward!

Your fished probably just got finished watching Rocky 6, cause as we all know, it's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward!

Did you go to bellator on Thursday?

im too alpha to care about your fish

maybe he was just bored

No chance -he had exciting stuff like a magical castle, whimsical vegetation, fantasy pebbles and boulders, a snail friend named Gary, and a fish tank shaped like the universe so that he could travel in one direction forever.

Watching him now -he's blowing bubbles and snorting vegetation.

So stoked to be an Alpha Beta in a Beta Beta world.

I have seen that right before death after a sickness, animals live as if they aren't sick for a brief period of time.

My dog was sick for two weeks. One day she was happier than ever and played outside, her smile bigger than the sun. My mom woke me crying early the next morning. My dog had passed. But how? She recovered from her sickness...

Hopefully this doesn't mean Dr.Suess will die again, but perhaps it's his body giving him one last hoorah.

The fact that he has been living for 14 months is amazing. Mine died after a month.

Bettas can live for over 7 years unfortunately most don't live that long due to poor care an poor advice given by the stores.

Bettas can live for over 7 years unfortunately most don't live that long due to poor care an poor advice given by the stores.

Is a one gallon tank large enough?
I see everything from people keeping them in small tanks to people suggesting you should have a 5 gallon tank.
I have a 1 gallon tank, no filter, I do have a heater, and I clean it once a week.

Any betta fish experts at your zoo? Or am I just being silly and should obviously know you are the expert. :)

SevenSamurai, my Betta just died a few weeks ago. Funny your's is named Theo. Mine was named Thor. Hope it can recover. EDIT: I thought you said it's name was Theo, its Dr. Suess, which is the name of my best friends cat.

Back