Dr Disrespect Launches AAA Gaming Studio Midnight Society

I'll wait an see. For his approach to game design is one i never thought he'd make a good game developer.

don't know anything about him but new blood in AAA games is desperately needed

lot of money and high tech graphics, not necessary gameplay quality lol
Aimed at mainstream audience

From my understanding is VG counterpart of movies wannabe "blockbusters" stuff

So is he actually equipped to set up a AAA studio? I mean I know the guy’s individually wealthy, but does he have enough cash to set something like this up (ie maybe he’s got $10 million of personal wealth, but would need $20 million to make a AAA game).

So is he actually equipped to set up a AAA studio? I mean I know the guy’s individually wealthy, but does he have enough cash to set something like this up (ie maybe he’s got $10 million of personal wealth, but would need $20 million to make a AAA game).
He'll definitely have willing investors

It's a humble start for now...

There are 8 positions available...

https://vsmstudio.freshteam.com/jobs

Might be a looooooong while before they emerge into AAA game making status.
I hope not, the guys that are with him are veterans of halo and cod. Hopeful they can make a great game. Personally would love a permanent search and destroy mode. I've stuck with mw and have no plans to buy a new cod each year, but the cunts are removing support so would love a free to play search and destroy.

What exactly is the definition of “AAA” in terms of gaming studios?

lot of money and high tech graphics, not necessary gameplay quality lol
Aimed at mainstream audience

From my understanding is VG counterpart of movies wannabe "blockbusters" stuff

Excellent questions..

I looked at the thread title and thought to myself- it's nice to say you want to start your own AAA gaming studio- money is an important part of the equation but you also need talent.. and LOTS of it.

Remember when Vince McMahon had a lot of money and tried to compete with the NFL?

Damn I know he makes good money but enough to open a studio and create a legit game?

Damn I know he makes good money but enough to open a studio and create a legit game?
Dude, Doc is a total G. He plays on a 150K+ rig and is a bona fide, seasoned map designer. If there is a streamer/entertainment personality who's actually worth their salt in the space, it's Two-Time. He's also IRL almost 7 feet tall, if memory serves, so he instantly qualifies for Sherdog membership should he wish it.

Back