Double leg takedown from southpaw stance and double leg with a slam to side control

For the second one, are you talking about baiana?

What videos are you looking for? Instructionals? Footage of people hitting it?

Jake shields probably has the best transition strait to side control from the double leg in mma. He did it multiple times in the palhares fight.

Southpaw vs. ortho double leg is tough because your opponents hips are already facing out which makes sprawling easier. I'll usually throw a quick switch and then drop into the DL

Southpaw vs. ortho double leg is tough because your opponents hips are already facing out which makes sprawling easier. I'll usually throw a quick switch and then drop into the DL

If I'm in southpaw and he's ortho I'll go for a double, if we're both the same I go for single. I thought that was what I was meant to be doing...?

michi972, for clarity's sake, which leg do you have forwards?

If I'm in southpaw and he's ortho I'll go for a double, if we're both the same I go for single. I thought that was what I was meant to be doing...?

It is what you're supposed to be doing. Switching your stance just telegraphs it

Against a southpaw (I'm orthodox), I prefer single leg takedown. Its closer for me.

I do the opposite- SP vs. ortho I'll grab their lead leg with my lead hand. I'll set it up with a few hooks first, then throw a hook and change levels then scoop their leg up.

It is what you're supposed to be doing. Switching your stance just telegraphs it
I circle to my right and get my opponent to do the same. I'll try and time it so when they move their back foot to the right and "open" their stance I'll step through with my back foot (effectively switching stances) between their legs and drive my double that way. If I want to do a real explosive switch-drive through, I'll set it up by throwing a lot of switch kicks earlier in the round.

Back