Dos santos vs cormier is it time

BOW DOWN 13

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Or do you think it would be to early for Daniel. JDS is top of the food chain at hw and if Daniel can get past him he can claim number one contender in either LHW or HW but I am not saying the former champ would be an easy fight. I actually think JDS would defeat Daniel but it would be an interesting match as daniel is training partners with cain velasquez and it could create a GYM RIVALRY team nog vs AKA

Cain ko of Nog
Jds ko of cain
Cain smashin junior
Junior smashing dan lol who u got on this
Machida i think smashed someone from aka
Jon fitch taking out erick silva
Who else has fought from aka vs nogs team

This thread confuses me but no...would be too early

If this happens, JDS will be thrown back even further away from an Overeem or Cain fight.

Or do you think it would be to early for Daniel. JDS is top of the food chain at hw and if Daniel can get past him he can claim number one contender in either LHW or HW but I am not saying the former champ would be an easy fight. I actually think JDS would defeat Daniel but it would be an interesting match as daniel is training partners with cain velasquez and it could create a GYM RIVALRY team nog vs AKA

Cain ko of Nog
Jds ko of cain
Cain smashin junior
Junior smashing dan lol who u got on this
Machida i think smashed someone from aka
Jon fitch taking out erick silva
Who else has fought from aka vs nogs team

style makes fight. Cormier has better chance then JDS.

I see Cormier beating JDS in a very dominant fashion. JDS does not have the tools in order to deal with Cormier at all.

With that said I would like to see that fight happen next.

Jds would stomp Cormier only reason cain had success was the amount of pressure he put on Junior,Cormier doesnt do that at all ,Junior would be in and out jabbing and dropping bombs

Cormier would humiliate JDS, even at this point of his career (DC, I mean).

no point in having a guy that might not even stay in the hw division to derail a possible title shot rematch. we know cain isn't fighting cormier so hell no.

I dont know why you'd send JDS up against Cormier this early. Let's be honest. He lost the last fight because he isn't used to being taken down and both Cain and Cormier have PHENOMENAL wrestling. How about you let JDS take a year to train/gameplan for wrestlers and instead give him the loser of Bigfoot/Overeem, while the winner fights Cain in early summer. Let Cormier fight Mir and if he decides to stay @ HW then he can fight JDS come next Dec for a title eliminator. JDS obviously needs to work on cardio and his pace if he is going to fight Cain again. He is a great fighter, but he can't afford to gas in the second round of a potential 5 round fight again.

If he fights like he did against Bigfoot and Barnett then yeah it;s time...last night he just looked lazy and his opponent(can;t remember his name) was able to get out from under him so i'm guessing JDS could as well but I have a feeling Cormier was just being lazy knowing how over matched his opponent was

Lol, people are really underestimating Junior here after the Cain fight.
I love this fight and i think Junior takes DC's invincibility away with a (t)KO.

But really, I can only laugh at people thinking that any wrestler who can pressure Junior will beat him just because Cain did it..

If Cormier is willing to fight Cain for the belt, JDS is a great fight. If he's not, he should drop to light heavyweight. The heavyweight division is too thin for him to be fighting contenders if he's not prepared to be one himself. Either way though, it makes no sense to fight Mir.

I dont know why you'd send JDS up against Cormier this early. Let's be honest. He lost the last fight because he isn't used to being taken down and both Cain and Cormier have PHENOMENAL wrestling. How about you let JDS take a year to train/gameplan for wrestlers and instead give him the loser of Bigfoot/Overeem, while the winner fights Cain in early summer. Let Cormier fight Mir and if he decides to stay @ HW then he can fight JDS come next Dec for a title eliminator. JDS obviously needs to work on cardio and his pace if he is going to fight Cain again. He is a great fighter, but he can't afford to gas in the second round of a potential 5 round fight again.

He's fought wrestlers before....lol at people ignoring all of his previous wins and assuming any wrestler is going to stomp him now.

I see Cormier beating JDS in a very dominant fashion. JDS does not have the tools in order to deal with Cormier at all.

With that said I would like to see that fight happen next.

i see this opposite way other then Cormier wrestling, hes stand up isn't in same area as JDS, way to early i think every strikeforce guy should have to have a middle level fight first before we start thinking they all need to fight UFC champs sorry... and Cormier has nothing for jones....:icon_evil

no point in having a guy that might not even stay in the hw division to derail a possible title shot rematch. we know cain isn't fighting cormier so hell no.

Thats the big issue I'm guessing, by having Cormier fight Mir the UFC can wait and see what happens in potential Overeem/Cain and/or JDS/Cain 3 matches so can see whether Daniel is going to be able to challange for the belt without fighting Cain. If can then have a big #1 contender fight vs someone like JDS or Werdum, if not potentially drop to LHW.

I'd like to see that fight, but isn't Cormier heading to 205 after fighting Mir? There would be no point in making that fight.

Back