• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doom

Hard for me to say. DOOM is way more polished, but the fanboy in me has DS3 in the back of my head despite my many nitpicks.
How is it more polished?

(I agree about DS3 having some issues even though it's probably my second favourite in the series.)

Very interesting. How is the replay value? Are you likely to do a few more playthroughs?
Guess it just depends on how much you enjoy the game play. I can see myself having tons of play throughs. I'm collecting everything and exploring the secrets I missed on my first run through and then I'm hitting Nightmare.

I haven't touched the Snapmap or MP features either.

How is it more polished?

(I agree about DS3 having some issues even though it's probably my second favourite in the series.)

Graphically, the game both looks better and runs at higher framerates on all platforms
In terms of level design, I'd say it's a wash which is a huge compliment to DOOM
Dark Souls seems to just have nagging problems, many of which have persisted since the first game. Re: my continued nitpicks, here are some of the top of my head
- no dedicated servers
- hackers
- inadequate explanation of gameplay mechanics (e.g. poise, items working differently for pvp and pve)
- broken covenants
- no attempt at balance between different playstyles
- FROM doesn't listen to the community

Meanwhile, I can't really think of anything to whine about when it comes to DOOM, at least the single player. Even the glory kills, which I thought would be gimmicky, fit in just fine.

That's a good point about the Glory Kills. I think I even mentioned it early in this thread, they reminded me of activating the QT kills in God of War. That shit never got old and in part, because it was not only satisfying to watch, but it also yielded you more rewards.

I was hoping I'd have the same feeling and I seriously never get tired of them. I also use the rune that speeds up the animation time. I like to be back into the fray as quickly as possible.

Thanks guys. Great endorsements.

One more thing... how responsive are the controls? I would imagine pretty tight considering the speed of gameplay.

Well I'm assuming you're getting this on PS4, I think they're excellent. The scheme works great with everything implemented.

Switching weapons, tossing grendades, firing, jumping, glory kills, everything happens seamlessly once you really get into it.

Go 5-8 in tdm
Switch to chaingun
Go 20-4 against the same people

That shit is OP as fuck lol

PC players of doom

*looks at multiplayer*

i'd like to put together a Team.....

A fine time of sherdogs finest men, a team of killers.....No.....

A team of hero's, who is with me

Last edited:
PC players of doom

*looks at multiplayer*

i'd like to put together a Team.....

A fine time of sherdogs finest men, a team of killers.....No.....

A team of hero's with me.

im-doing-my-part.gif

For anyone who owns a physical copy, the box art is reversible. Just found this out and it's a massive upgrade.

doom_hell.0.jpg

This game just gets better and better

Just beat the Hell Guards, awesome fight.

For anyone who owns a physical copy, the box art is reversible. Just found this out and it's a massive upgrade.

doom_hell.0.jpg

I was just talking about that with someone the other day. THAT should have been the cover.

Shit, just realized I haven't touched Snap Map or MP lol.

snap map is terrible. Great game overall, but snap map is just bad.

Graphically, the game both looks better and runs at higher framerates on all platforms
In terms of level design, I'd say it's a wash which is a huge compliment to DOOM
Dark Souls seems to just have nagging problems, many of which have persisted since the first game. Re: my continued nitpicks, here are some of the top of my head
- no dedicated servers
- hackers
- inadequate explanation of gameplay mechanics (e.g. poise, items working differently for pvp and pve)
- broken covenants
- no attempt at balance between different playstyles
- FROM doesn't listen to the community

Meanwhile, I can't really think of anything to whine about when it comes to DOOM, at least the single player. Even the glory kills, which I thought would be gimmicky, fit in just fine.

To be fair, all your complaints about DS3, were multiplayer related, but then you say you've only played DOOM single player...

They're both great games and it's not like they all need to Highlander each other for my affections. That being said, DS3 has problems with MP, and I've been pretty vocal about them in the past. Regardless, I know I'll play DS3 much longer in multiplayer because of fight clubs, and really, the entire game was multiplayer if you stayed embered, which I think is a cornerstone of the series (the community adding depth).

With DOOM you have a phenomenal campaign with zero MP elements, then you have an okay MP system. It's just not the same.

Last edited:
Been playing Freeze Tag all morning in multiplayer
First time Ive ever ever played that mode in any multiplayer and its fun as hell

E2M8 on Classic Maps is such a cool throwback. The sounds were what I was missing from the Cyberdemon fight.

I'm having DOOM withdrawal up at my work camp right now. I was off for three weeks and put in almost 30 hours, now I'm bored at nights here and totally want to play. I even watched some gameplay bids the other night (which is crazy rare for me).

Back