don't you just hate it when...

B

blanko

your cool and manly blood red hand wraps turn pink after a few washes?? I need to get some yellow handwraps like the guys on TUF did...

This is why I wear black ones.

if your worried about what you look like... take up another sport.... cuz fighting can make your face as ugly as any pink handwrap.

but your right.... i hate it when i get a new shirt or wraps and ruin them in the wash.

I've used black or plain, good old-fashioned khaki-colored (read: no coloring) Everlast wraps and never had a problem.

P.S. Gene LeBell ruined a gi when he washed it with something red, turning it pink. Instead of throwing it out, he always wore it, and wears a pink gi to this day. Not sure why, but I think it has to do with most guys not wanting to get tooled by a dude in a pink outfit, and feeling worse when they do.

Gregster said:
I've used black or plain, good old-fashioned khaki-colored (read: no coloring) Everlast wraps and never had a problem.

those arent long enough...I like the mexican style better.

yeah, black at least turn grey and then slightly blueish
why wash um anyway? the stink just adds to your overall manliness!!!

mine are the khaki colored normal everlast stained red with blood. but i don't know where to pick up some of the mexican style wraps, the everlast ones are way too short

Trudge said:
yeah, black at least turn grey and then slightly blueish
why wash um anyway? the stink just adds to your overall manliness!!!

I could show you a nice picture of a nasty fungal infection that may change your mind about that.

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
I could show you a nice picture of a nasty fungal infection that may change your mind about that.

Didn't you get some mysterious, oozing shittiness on your wrist some time back, T&B? If that's what you're referring to, then yeah, EEEEECCHH!!

P.S. What are these "Mexican handwraps" I'm hearing about?

Gregster said:
Didn't you get some mysterious, oozing shittiness on your wrist some time back, T&B? If that's what you're referring to, then yeah, EEEEECCHH!!

Mexican handwraps, are longer that normal sized handwraps, everlast also sell Mexican style handwraps.

http://store.everlastboxing.com/everlast-mex-handwraps.html

it's just preferance for the length.

im pretty sure the fairtex wraps are also 180 inch but arn't called Mexicans

mexican handwraps are thinner and longer than "normal" handwraps. Some people like them better because it gives you more controll on what kind of wrapping you can have.

Gregster said:

People forgot to mention that the main difference is in the elasticity of the material used.

Normal wraps = non elastic

Mexican = slightly elastic material so you can wrap hands easier.

Gregster said:

WTF.jpg
WTF2.jpg

I'd rather be the veteran with pink hand wraps wrecking on everyone, than the n00b with "blood red" handwraps getting my ass beat

how the hell do you get something like that on your wrist. you must have a weak immune system or something man

OpethDrums said:
how the hell do you get something like that on your wrist. you must have a weak immune system or something man

hahaha...yeah right....you know how often I get sick?....hardly ever.

doesnt have anything to do with the immune system...

I was out running with wrist weights on, I had the velcro too tight and it wore a friction blister on the inside of my wrist....which tore off as I was running...

I didnt think anything of it, went to hit the bag later that week, I used an OLD gross pair of boxing gloves....ones that make your hand smell like rotten pussy and ricotta cheese...and apparently I didnt get the wound on my wrist clean enough, because that shit started growin there.

it went away quickly with antifungal cream...in a matter of days....but it was nasty untill then.

when I first got the shit I posted in the grappling forum about it....talked to a few guys who had similar infections. its common when youre using gear that has not been cleaned properly, and used by many people.

OpethDrums said:
mine are the khaki colored normal everlast stained red with blood. but i don't know where to pick up some of the mexican style wraps, the everlast ones are way too short

Blood turns brown in a short amount of time.....

Back