Don't stereotype Romania! Amazing new Romania? The real situation...

We need pictures of Romanian women to judge a countries achievements.

Where all the Pikey Caravans?

i think thats where gypsys come from

Romania does not come from Roma/Romani but from the "people of Rome". We are basically cohorts of Roman military deployed to Dacia where they formed Dacia Felix. That"s why we speak Romance-language and Romanian derives from Latin, mixed with some Slavic, because we are Dacian-Romans.

Gipsies came from India and Pakistan, where they were also pretty much nomadic, they are a bit nomads like the Irish travellers. In Romania are 3.4%, not more than in about other 10-12 countries of Europe.

Any gipsy if you ask him begging on the street, will tell you he is Roma/Romani. Even if he is from France or Spain.

Before they told them gipsies, now they changed their name. We should sue the European Parliament! Because only 40-50% or so of the gipsies are Roma/Romani, rest of them are Sinti, Kale, whatever.

All I know about Romania is a video I was shown in High School of their leader being executed alongside his bitchy wife after trying to flee via helicopter...and I'm not even sure that was Romania.

Romania is too small for the US, what do you know about Poland and the Netherlands for example? Also not much. America is not oriented like us in geography and history. In Europe we try to learn something even about some minor states, if it is interesting. In Europe Romania is not really small, 7th or 8th, with a top 5 now capital as population considering London is out.

Yeah, Nicolae Ceaușescu. He was a right prick, doesn't get enough credit among 20th century bad guys.

Ceausescu was awful, like all the Communists. First, they killed our elites, installed communism here, 45 years of communism was enough. Romania was really developed before, Bucharest was nicknamed Paris of the East.

What is the reputation of Romania?

Not good in Britain for example or in Scandinavia. From there were still don"t get many tourists. And a lot of insults are coming from some ignorants.

Nigel Farage in the UK had a political campaign against Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Lithuania, etc. in order to get votes. They said we are poor, we steal their jobs, etc... And the tabloids bought it! Farage is a liar and a loser.

I've never heard any negative stereotypes of Romania but it's a beautiful looking place with remarkable architecture judging from those pictures.

We've got a bunch of Romanians that came over after 1989, but no national stereotypes of them or their country that I'm aware of.

It"s because in United States, Canada and Australia, the Romanians are very respected. In Western Europe our image was destroyed by those nomads who came from India and Pakistan. :) But they are all over Europe and are marginalized. Poor people, and Europe told us before we don"t integrate them. Actually even if they are 3.4%, just to know they are very organized. But they are not even thieves, maximum very small thefts like pickpocketers. They are usually beggars. Western police does not want to forbid begging, it"s very easy. In Romania it"s forbidden, we also have almost no homeless people, are all at shelters. And Romania was in deep shit in 1990 because Ceausescu paid the debts and starved us.

In Europe, they don"t see the progress, they are very ignorant and don"t know the real situation and are insulting us. Even after we prove we are better than them and we are rising again.

I do not believe the Gypsy population is less than 3.5%. Do not believe. Don't care, but you threw it out there.

It"s more probably but in 2011 when they made the census for the EU they had very complex questions. Still, even if it"s double, we didn"t use the identity. I am not against immigration, just that here our construction workers have legal papers and we can pick them. In Sweden not. Sweden thinks Romania is full of gipsies or very poor, funny...

There was a thread 5-6 years ago about a sherbro who works at a hotel and gypsies go there annually to trash it. That's how my view of Romania was molded.

But where they gipsies from/of Romania anyway? You know, about dozens of states have gipsies. They are not presenting themselves as gipsies, but as Roma/Romani. Easy to confuse it.

Are ok, women in Eastern Europe are the nicest. Best women are of course on the streets, not on TV.

On television, same like in America I guess. Just a moment

Gonna need pics of Romanian chicks, to make an informed decision.
Romanian chicks FTW!
romania+madalina+ghenea+romanian+models+girls+beautiful+women+famous+romanian+people.jpg

Roxana%20Vancea.jpg

Beatrice%20Chirita.jpg

Monica%20Gabor.jpg

main-qimg-57a950cf29bf4ec7e4935f188320f509-c

Antonia%20Iacobescu.jpg

Elena%20Ionescu%20(2).jpg

Catrinel%20Menghia%20(5).jpg

I'm not sure I could stereotype Romania. Something about Dracula?

Are ok, women in Eastern Europe are the nicest. Best women are of course on the streets, not on TV.

On television, same like in America I guess.

Antena 3 is a kind of Romanian FOX, it is pro-Trump and pro-social democrats kind of Romanian republicans. Just news and politics...

They definitely have not just some ok women for their age, but also very smart.

Ana Maria Roman (talk show host on politics, very intelligent)

7O15ouc.jpg

Olivia Steer (host and producer, very nice woman supporting healthy food and anti-vaccine agenda)

31131126_2051127894914907_3488426331759109353_n.jpg

Diana Tache (many times invitee, very smart)

maxresdefault.jpg

diana_tache.jpg

Laura Nureldin (Romanian of Sudanese origin, news)

1349214.laura-nureldin-2.jpg

Andreea Perminov

1916575_1657708591165811_4150510273763313194_n_73560200.jpg

iq2anV3.jpg

Simona Tzaranu

image1-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Denise Rifai (very charismatic on politics)

denise_rifai_82076900.jpg

denise_rifai_rosu_real_cpv_96308300.jpg

Simona Gherghe

acces-direct-la-simona-gherghe.jpg

Corina Caragea

Dixbj5eWsAEMViK.jpg

Cristina Dochianu

339219-20928-cristina-dochianu-282-ac.jpg

248072.png

Andreea Berecleanu (must be 45 years old now)

Andreea-Berecleanu-3-1.jpg

Gianina Ilies ex Varga

geanina.jpg

Alexandra Badoi

alexandra-badoi_meteo.jpg

Flavia Mihasan

BeBbyUYCYDj_2O.jpg

Magda Palimariu

z47175916182.jpg

Andreea Gherasim

4_GALJ6wqQ9N2lVkR1OwARoTcbj1nO2FyfQct2sFjTxLlIHDN3flqztRoFlWptJiCKNWfsYOEXPQldbUAo31smjAmJjkcMR6qNWqQv4Llu_2aVNmAyckUkCApe6nXgTAtrOzK1VUzfc=w2400

Anamaria Stancu

Anamaria-Stancu.jpg

Ana Barbu

prezentatoare-meteo-frumoase-15-664x540.jpg

Lorena Stefu

yf7ww4z.jpg

Alina Puscasu

alina_puscas.jpg

Albertina Ionescu

albertina-ionescu-tvr.jpg

Iulia Vantur

vantur_11_1f58cbe72d.jpg

Gina Pistol

maxresdefault.jpg

Andreea Raicu (kind of Keanu Reeves, is home with depression)

220px-Andreea_Raicu.jpg

Magda Vasiliu

bca21ed7edc13974558a562f0bbbe28c139f45fd.jpg

Andreea Cretulescu (smart lady, much smarter than charismatic Denise Rifai)

26810.jpg

Octavia Geamanu

octavia_geamanu_86811100.jpg

Simona Patruleasa

Simona-P%C4%83truleasa-Ivanof-2.jpg

Monica Dascalu

FNoPE46uvX5oBns4oYbFEtnlWb0eal-zol3FcNZkejTQ4raAZiyEiVh7BgaoWSVQLgPQk-A5MB3IIKqYlBLBWKPcJHriSnxmyQVGL9gJpriUm8oFTpbfet1mqcjYFr_ce7jclD4hpLk=w2400

Ilinca Vandici

ilinca-vandici-a-aratat-un-decolteu-exceptional-la-cancan-tv-asa-ceva-nu-poti-rata.png

Oana Andoni

EY4rAKFv_400x400.jpg

No Romanian ever called me Explosive.

You are explosive, mate! When I was little I was playing soccer between kind of salamanders. Not kidding. I saw more lizards than you can ever think. Wild lizards.

Last edited:
A genuine quote from a Romanian truck driver “My country, politicians, corrupt, very corrupt. But kind people. This county (U.K) no corruption, but not nice people.”

This thread is great if you read it in borats voice......

Seems like a place you could trade a beaded necklace for a young wife.

In Western Europe, it’s seen as a corrupt, crime infested country with poor medical care and infrastructure.

I have a milder view but part of it is based in truth. Anytime a Romanian orphanage is in the EU news it’s not because of their revolutionary pedagogic methods.

Unless, by revolutionary you mean the communist revolution because that’s probably the era where it stagnated.

I know a Romanian lady. She's tiny, under 5ft tall. She has tiny little feet and her shoes make me laugh because they're all small kids sizes. She moved to England on her own to try a new life, and honestly she is possibly the sweetest, kindest most caring and considerate person I've ever known. Yet she has told me some stories of her being tarred with that brush and abused by awful people (from England).
I also work with a Romanian man, and he is such a decent helpful guy.
I've heard all the negative stuff we get told in our press about Romanians, gypsies, etc etc. (watch White Cat Black Cat for a funny insight into that), and from those two alone, I find it a bit weird that we make our minds up about people based on what some fuck face journalist wants to say in a story. The media loves to always make us angry, hostile, or scared of something. It keeps them in business, and us as the humans that we are, we love to hate. Sad really.

TS you forgot to mention the Carpathians. Romania has amazing nature.

Romania does not come from Roma/Romani but from the "people of Rome". We are basically cohorts of Roman military deployed to Dacia where they formed Dacia Felix. That"s why we speak Romance-language and Romanian derives from Latin, mixed with some Slavic, because we are Dacian-Romans.

Gipsies came from India and Pakistan, where they were also pretty much nomadic, they are a bit nomads like the Irish travellers. In Romania are 3.4%, not more than in about other 10-12 countries of Europe.

Any gipsy if you ask him begging on the street, will tell you he is Roma/Romani. Even if he is from France or Spain.

Before they told them gipsies, now they changed their name. We should sue the European Parliament! Because only 40-50% or so of the gipsies are Roma/Romani, rest of them are Sinti, Kale, whatever.

Romania is too small for the US, what do you know about Poland and the Netherlands for example? Also not much. America is not oriented like us in geography and history. In Europe we try to learn something even about some minor states, if it is interesting. In Europe Romania is not really small, 7th or 8th, with a top 5 now capital as population considering London is out.

Ceausescu was awful, like all the Communists. First, they killed our elites, installed communism here, 45 years of communism was enough. Romania was really developed before, Bucharest was nicknamed Paris of the East.

Not good in Britain for example or in Scandinavia. From there were still don"t get many tourists. And a lot of insults are coming from some ignorants.

Nigel Farage in the UK had a political campaign against Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Lithuania, etc. in order to get votes. They said we are poor, we steal their jobs, etc... And the tabloids bought it! Farage is a liar and a loser.

It"s because in United States, Canada and Australia, the Romanians are very respected. In Western Europe our image was destroyed by those nomads who came from India and Pakistan. :) But they are all over Europe and are marginalized. Poor people, and Europe told us before we don"t integrate them. Actually even if they are 3.4%, just to know they are very organized. But they are not even thieves, maximum very small thefts like pickpocketers. They are usually beggars. Western police does not want to forbid begging, it"s very easy. In Romania it"s forbidden, we also have almost no homeless people, are all at shelters. And Romania was in deep shit in 1990 because Ceausescu paid the debts and starved us.

In Europe, they don"t see the progress, they are very ignorant and don"t know the real situation and are insulting us. Even after we prove we are better than them and we are rising again.

It"s more probably but in 2011 when they made the census for the EU they had very complex questions. Still, even if it"s double, we didn"t use the identity. I am not against immigration, just that here our construction workers have legal papers and we can pick them. In Sweden not. Sweden thinks Romania is full of gipsies or very poor, funny...

But where they gipsies from/of Romania anyway? You know, about dozens of states have gipsies. They are not presenting themselves as gipsies, but as Roma/Romani. Easy to confuse it.

On television, same like in America I guess. Just a moment
I know everything you just said about Gypsy's.. Except they have settled in places of Romania and become the majority. They have politicians and everything.

Back