• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Don't sleep on Eddie's striking

eddie does not have a very good chin, he gets rocked like frankie edgar gets bloody noses or diaz brows bleed. he recovers well but conor is going to knock him silly

He does get rocked but what makes you think Eddie isnt going to use same gameplan he did vs Pettis and just pressure wrassle him and hug him the entire fight

Eddie has very good boxing and excellent counters. Dont expect the striking to be a squash match for Conor. Eddie has some good hands as well, especially against pressure fighters, as shown in his most recent fight against Dos Anjos.
3o6Zt1UhUkZbFKeNQk.gif

I'm not saying he might be better than Conor in the striking department, but he is better at striking than people are giving him credit for.
Don't sleep on Eddie's striking.

His striking sucks. Look at that mess.

I am super excited to see if Mcgregor pressures him and if his feints can hault that pressure like it did vs RDA.

I dont know if Conor will bite on feints like RDA did. RDA is a very defensive but agressive fighter, Conor is almost exclusively an offensive fighter so he wont be worrying about what Eddie throws.

Eddies from Philly and there is a boxing Gym on every street corner like a plastic surgery facility on the west coast. Anyone thats watched eddies fights knows he's a legit boxer but why risk it and play where Conor is strong? Eddies is a complete MMA artist and will feint, single him and drive him against cage then transition to double and pound him IMO.
Why is he so shit then?

You've watched too much Rocky. In this one Eddie is Creed and he's facing Drago.

Why is he so shit then?

You've watched too much Rocky. In this one Eddie is Creed and he's facing Drago.
You havnt watched anything but Conor playing hop scotch and touch butt with a bottle of lotion in hand. Just watch Eddies last fight how he baits and counters excellent RDA.

eddie does not have a very good chin, he gets rocked like frankie edgar gets bloody noses or diaz brows bleed. he recovers well but conor is going to knock him silly
Could happen. Eddie literally never throws straights and his looping punches are made for Conor's counter straights.

I am super excited to see if Mcgregor pressures him and if his feints can hault that pressure like it did vs RDA.

I dont know if Conor will bite on feints like RDA did. RDA is a very defensive but agressive fighter, Conor is almost exclusively an offensive fighter so he wont be worrying about what Eddie throws.
That's about as contradictory a statement as it gets. RDA is an extremely aggressive fighter. Look what he did to Cowboy and Pettis - that's not a defensive fighter. He attacked relentlessly and it paid off.

A fighter can alternate between the two tactics (which a good fighter should), but I think RDA just got blitzed by Eddie. Not taking anything away from Eddie, but he capitalized on RDA's aggressive stand-up confidence and Eddie has done it more often and with more success.

Since his wrestling and striking development, I think RDA forgot that his primary strength is BJJ. He should have known what Eddie's intentions were. But live and learn.

Eddie has very powerful kicks--i hope he lands a few.

Eddie has very good boxing and excellent counters. Dont expect the striking to be a squash match for Conor. Eddie has some good hands as well, especially against pressure fighters, as shown in his most recent fight against Dos Anjos.
3o6Zt1UhUkZbFKeNQk.gif

I'm not saying he might be better than Conor in the striking department, but he is better at striking than people are giving him credit for.
Don't sleep on Eddie's striking.

You say Eddie has very good boxing, and you post a gif showing Eddie throwing amateur like strikes?
That technique is only good if you got your opponent really hurt, and has nothing to do with "good boxing".

To your point, I agree. He could very well clip McGregor with the skills that he possesses, but i fear that he might get clipped right back if he gets excited and starts to throw like an amature.

He does get rocked but what makes you think Eddie isnt going to use same gameplan he did vs Pettis and just pressure wrassle him and hug him the entire fight
Prob cause conors 'weakness' is no where near as bad as haters are hoping it is
People hoping eddie can wrestle conor to a ud are in for a bad night

People act like to stand with Mcgregor is to die.

He has smacked around every single guy he has faced in the UFC.

He knocked Aldo dead. If you stand with McGregor, it's highly likely that you're getting KO'd.

Nice one. Lots of power in those strikes. Just plants his feet and tees off... Conor's not one to duck and cover like that though. Conor is aways head up to counter an attack like that. If Eddie can counter Conor with that same kind of power he might be able drop him and go in for the kill.

I see Conor finishing Alvarez in this fashion.
tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

And that is a better post than your previous? So Michael Chandler is nothing? If you had seen an MMA fight before Conor came to the UFC, you would know Chandler is a great fighter. He is probably the guy outside the UFC, that most pick to be UFC champ if he signs.

I sense a young guy that just started watching MMA, and only wants to argue, even if he knows very little of MMA outside the UFC. Fair enough, but I will not waste more time on you.

I watched both of their fights as they happened. I watched bellator since they rigged it for zoila frausto.

I sense someone who erroneously thinks they know it all

If he boxes up Conor coming off a clinch he could find good success. Just needs to fight smart and not give Conor too much distance to work with.

And don't forget people, Conor is not a one punch KO artist like so many think. Aldo just got hit with the perfect punch at the perfect time.

Eddie has good hands, but his real weapon is the pressure and the aggression. Those can work against him with Conor. Eddie is smart, though, and he'll likely try to mix a TD into his aggressive striking and catch Conor off-guard. I don't think he'll be able to back Conor into the cage, and Conor has good counter-striking and power, even moving backwards, so if Eddie comes in too aggressive with striking, he can get tagged. But I don't expect carelessness from either of them when the fight comes.

Back