Don't skip leg day!

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by ChrisWhite, Aug 25, 2018.

1. ChrisWhite

ChrisWhite Yellow Belt

Legs give you power to move and withstand punches!

James Wick is way too tall to fighting at 155. I have said it before, I say it again...You can't be too tall and too skinny when fighting the best fighters in the world...

2. GordaoPreguico

GordaoPreguico Red Belt

3. ChrisWhite

ChrisWhite Yellow Belt

Jones is only one inch taller then James Wicks but weights atleast 40 pounds more.

4. ImmigrantMentality

ImmigrantMentality Green Belt

Even if he did legs and moved up a division he's still have a weak chin, look at his neck and the size/shape of his skull

5. itheuser

itheuser Brown Belt

Powerful legs are the most overrated aspect of fighting. Vick has a big advantage fighting at that weight. Reach alone poses a problem.

James was simply caught by a single punch. Vick was actually posing problems for Justin before that. The reach was an issue. He just left his head up on a n obvious overhand right.

Now we'll get to hear how Justin is back, when he landed a single punch. He's still not that impressive.

Paulie Walnuts likes this.
  6. AndrewGolota48

AndrewGolota48 Silver Belt

Yet his legs are even smaller.

[​IMG]

Fukk leg day brah.

7. itheuser

itheuser Brown Belt

Has nothing to do with chin. Most fighters would get rocked by a clean overhand right. He left his head up moving backwards, that's what did it.

Just because guys got knocked out doesn't mean they have bad chins. If that were the case than anyone who got knocked out by a clean punch would have a weak chin.

Vick only had one loss on his record.

You guys just need to shut the fuck with your bro science theories on fighting. You don't know shit.

8. itheuser

itheuser Brown Belt

Both boxing, and MMA show that guys shouldn't waste too much time on their legs.

9. ImmigrantMentality

ImmigrantMentality Green Belt

I can promise you that even if Vick tightens up his defense he'll never be able to take a punch like Gaethje, or Ferguson or Diaz. Having a strong neck isn't bro-science whenever high level fighters are doing neck-specific strength training to help them take a punch. Time and time again we see fighters with big sturdy looking heads having more punch resistance. But believe what you want, I personally agree with you that legs don't mean jack shit when it comes to taking a punch, but I disagree with you on this one

10. itheuser

itheuser Brown Belt

It doesn't matter. You don't want to take punches like them.

Not being able to take punches like them does not mean you have a weak chin.

In fighting, it's always best to take as little damage as possible.